It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boom: Trump eyes 10% spending cuts, 20% slash of federal workers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There are 22 million government jobs across the nation.

But only 12 million manufacturing jobs across the nation.

The one using wealth, greatly exceeds the one producing wealth. October of last fiscal year, saw 9,000 manufacturing jobs lost.... 19,000 Government jobs gained. This is not a healthy economy, nor is it sustainable.

Executive branch is a good place to start cutting.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
It would be nice it Trump would urge Congress to take some laws off of the books. We have way too many of them.

That's Regulatory Reform. Most of those are treated like law but they aren't. They're just rules written after a law i passed and put under a law's umbrella and enforced like they went through Congress officially.

Trimming a lot of those would have the same effect.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
About time these useless idle good for nothing's were chopped

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Yes you are right the US government is the biggest employer in the US and the one that pay most of retirement.

It is not healthy, I agree.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I work for a federal contractor that does. ..stuff for one of these federal entities.

If Trump cleaned house and truly did away with the waste and ineptitude, and my job just happened to get cut as part of the collateral damage, SO BE IT. It would be totally OK with me. Totally worth it to see the swamp getting drained.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Wrong women to encourage. We need to ones who can support their children to have them. Those kids might grow up learning how not to grow up with their hands on the welfare roles from the start, but when you decide to take so much of my money to pay for the kids of those taking it ... how am I supposed to provide properly for any more than the one I do have?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

I don't worry much if Trump cleanses house when it comes to government contractors linked to military, as he is increasing the budget for the military and the military itself.

Now, if he starts to fill in the military bases with military personnel like it was prior to 9/11, then we will see an exodus of no only contractors for civil workers.

edit on 17-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Contractors need to make money.

Why YES people!

We need more Blackwaters and Crowd Strikes!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Abortion is between the woman and God if she believes in one. Its not the business of the Federal Government to get involved.

Funny how that's a different tune when it comes to God and my guns.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't say it was right, I'm just saying that's what happens when the Feds "encourage" people to do stuff. There's nothing wrong with immigration. We don't need to keep immigrants out, we need to let them in and allow them to have opportunity. The current system makes criminals out of immigrants, therefore many of them turn to criminal activities to survive. Its the same principle as the war on drugs. If you criminalize drug use, then drug users will engage in criminal activities to exercise their Constitutional freedoms.

edit on 17-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now those have nothing to do with improving military and more with secret budgets that are outside congress appropriation of funds.

Yes all those agencies and privateers paramilitary Were a payoff from Rumsfeld to his campaign donor friends to cash out after 9/11

They are all overdue.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hey ?

Ever heard of the term anchor baby ?

Self evident.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yeah. Because that represents the majority of contractors.

link   

What exactly do you mean?

link   
Drain that swamp!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Quite a bit of speculation on this topic, not enough facts.

Will those jobs be taken up by contractors? maybe, maybe not. Does anyone here actually think there is no waste in government? Was there not just in the news a Pentagon report about waste that was so great they tried to hide it.

How about we see what happens.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Again, because the government makes it so hard for people to get in legally and encourages welfare on people who don't need it. Its a Federalism problem, not an immigration problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What makes 'brown' people so different than every other ethnic groups ancestors ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Knock on the door and ask for permission to come inside.

It's the LAW.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The fact that millions of "brown people" live at our south border, and clearly our immigration laws are unenforceable without the Federal Government engaging in illegal search and seizure.

That's the main difference.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The fact that millions of "brown people" live at our south border, and clearly our immigration laws are unenforceable without the Federal Government engaging in illegal search and seizure.

That's the main difference.

How gun control been working out ?

So lets ignore those laws while were are at it.

<< 1    3 >>

join