It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Raelianism (UFO religion) solve the world's current problems?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pr0ph3t

Religion is bad when it controls people through strict customs, adherence to superstitions, enforces anti-intellectualism, hate ideology and violence.

Raelians EMBRACE science and technology. They also support human rights for women and are pro-LGBT (things that traditional religions has historically oppressed.)

They support a global union and a new universal currency which could solve current economic problems.

Changing militaries into a civil police force would eliminate national schisms. Right now the environment is a breeding ground for another full out world war but if the planet was annexed together there wouldn't be these Russia vs US or China vs Russia war scenarios. There would be just a global police force monitoring their own regions.

Speaking of violence and wars, Raelians are down to earth to admit that a lot of violence stems from sexual repression. Civilizations that had more liberal sex lives were less violent. There was studies on primates about this. The study concluded that primates that had more breeding were more docile and less violent.

They have sound ideas if you actually read them.

edit on 17-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I wouldn't join their cult but I do like many of their ideas. You don't have to be a part of their movement to support some of their ideas.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pr0ph3t

Right, but our current system doesn't allow many people too co-exist peacefully.

- Current governments are invading other countries and constantly going to war with each other.

- Many of the traditional religions and conservative groups are against equal opportunity, minority, women, and LGBT civil rights.

- They suggest a new global currency that would solve our current debt crisis and allow fair trade between trading partners. We can all agree that the Fed has got to go and be replaced with something that is more efficient and balanced.

- They embrace science and technology whereas religious communities have historically condemned them.

- They think sex is perfectly fine and isn't a sin that will send you to hell. Many are sex shamed and guilt-ridden because our peers, especially the older generation, are ingrained from their religious upbringing that sex is immoral (which is hypocritical, how did they come into the world?)

- Pro-GMO

- They address the alien presence. Many military officials and civilians have tried to address the alien conspiracy but were silenced by government cover-ups. People are more than ever admitting that ET's DO exist. Schools teach about evolution and biology but why not aliens? Why are people being diagnosed with mental illnesses for believing in aliens?

People are starting to realize that our leaders are trying to avoid the alien reality whereas Raelians admit they exist.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Speaking of mental illness, according to Healthy Place this is what the DSM considers to be delusions.

Believing you are someone famous like Jesus Christ or Cleopatra (grandiose delusions).

How do people become famous in the first place?

Believing that someone is out to hurt you or spy on you when there is no evidence of this (delusion of persecution)

Governments are known for spying on other governments and even on their civilians. They are called government psy-ops. How is this a mental illness?

Believing your thoughts are controlled by others, such as by aliens, or that others are inserting thoughts into your head (thought insertion, withdrawal, control, or broadcasting)

Mind control exists as well as broadcasting, ELF's, RF scrambling, and other secret government technology. Research Manchurian Candidate and HAARP.

Believing things around you, such as newspapers and books, are about you (delusions of reference)

Never assume. However people can influence information, world events, and ultimately the media. It happens all the time.

Believing that someone else, normally someone famous, is romantically involved or attracted to you (erotomanic delusions)

Once again, never assume. Don't think too highly of yourself.

Believing you have a medical condition or flaw (somatic delusion)

With the DSM's diagnosing criteria, they often impose contradictory ailments and labels for basically EVERY behavior/feeling possible. The mental health system makes every single thing you can possibly do be a symptom of an illness. The mental health system is fascist, coercive, and a racket.

Sorry if I jumped from one subject to another.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

no - thats the simple answer - if you dont like it - thats your problem

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Pro-Monsanto, pro-one world government, pro-cult? Are you sure you're on the correct website?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Correct..... But they've been loony for awhile. Koresh, Applewhite, Sun Yung Moon, Jim Jones, and others all had some interesting points.

Don't know your age... But I remember them building their UFO spaceports... And taking personal name changes and marching around their compound where each would tell you about their home planets with even crazier name... And so they expounded on all life their...

Problem was... There we're none of those planets to even discuss... Let alone call themselves ambassadors to them. Their leader was hilarious.... And they are still waiting down at their intergalactic UFO reception center.

Check out and search for them in the 70's... You owe to yourself to do so... It will portray them in their origin state...

Best, MS
Gargunious, Stellar Intergalactic Federation Representative from the planet Nimrod, Raelian Ambassador to Earth
"

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Pro-Monsanto, pro-one world government, pro-cult? Are you sure you're on the correct website?

It's called evolution. Adapt.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm new so maybe I'm nuts but it seems like this forum is infested by new atheists and fundamentalists so it's nice to see a thread by someone whose 'cough' open minded!
As to the Raeliens I agree with a lot of their ideas or rather I believe they are possible and helll even just in terms of a better sex life it would be awesome to join but no I don't think they will save the world.
One thing in particular I disagree with is the fact that they try to take all the mysticism out of religion in a way. Even if everything was created by aliens via panspermia, even if let's say great spitual leaders have been aliens, it's a technology beyond our understanding I.e. magic.
The worst scandal I'm aware of out of the Raeliens is the fake cloning claims in the late 90s which were a lie but the hoax was exposed almost immediately so it really didn't hurt anyone. Just stupidity.
Anyway like I said great post!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join