It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America: behold, your Snowflake-in-Chief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

America: behold, your Snowflake-in-Chief

If you’ve ever sat through a rightwing YouTube rant or spent five minutes on Twitter, you’ve likely heard the word “snowflake”. The term has supplanted the old standby of “social justice warrior” to describe a certain kind of liberal. This is thanks in large part to the far-right blog Breitbart, which lobbed it at anyone who criticized Trump’s incendiary rhetoric. But if you’re unfamiliar with the term, allow me to explain.

We “special snowflakes” are delicate beings obsessed with our own uniqueness. We identify with genders and sexual orientations we made up off the top of our heads in order to confuse people. We demand that everyone at whatever liberal arts college we’re doubtless attending respect these fabricated identities, and we punish our peers with mean words like “bigot” and “racist” when they refuse to comply.

We can only survive within the confines of our “safe spaces,” where we are protected from criticism and dissenting opinions. When we are confronted with a point of view from outside our snow globe of mandatory tolerance, we become, as the deplorables say, “triggered”. The word was originally intended to describe a reaction to a reminder of trauma, but has been recast as meaning almost any kind of upset, no matter how minor.

In sum: self-imposed victimhood, an inflated sense of self-importance, an inability to handle criticism, and a totalitarian demand for respect are the criteria that define the snowflake. It’s ironic, then, that the public figure who most reliably projects those qualities at the moment is Donald Trump. America is soon to inaugurate its first Snowflake-in-Chief.

Here is a man who, when a journalist like Jim Acosta hurts his feelings with a simple question, threatens to have him ejected. A man who, when he feels insulted, and he frequently feels insulted, goes on Twitter to berate whoever it is has damaged his delicate ego. A man who cannot handle an ounce of criticism without having a meltdown.

Donald Trump demands complete and total respect from everyone around him, including the press, whose job it is to hold him accountable. He portrays himself as the victim in petty spats with news outlets, journalists, celebrities, a former Miss Universe, the cast of a Broadway show, a Gold Star mother. The list goes on.

Indeed, Trumpism is a movement built on victimhood. It holds that Americans are unemployed because immigrants stole their jobs. It argues that people of color are diluting the culture of America and that LGBT people having rights is an attack on the traditional family. Its slogan, Make America Great Again, speaks to that victimhood. We were great once. We aren’t anymore, because of those people.

Saying “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas” is enough to inspire a meltdown. Nando’s, a chicken chain, recently “triggered” multiple Trump supporters by simply handing out “#everyoneiswelcome” posters in their DC stores. The act of simply existing while transgender sends some into a tizzy.

The reality is that, yes, we actually are all unique, no matter our political leanings. Having strong reactions to things does not necessarily imply weakness or fragility, and is not the same thing as being triggered. The phenomenon of living in an ideological bubble where opinions that align with our own are considered good and opinions that challenge your beliefs are considered bad is not unique to either party or any movement. It is also not the same thing as a safe space.

Not every protest is a tantrum. Using speech to criticize speech is not censorship. Dismissing the struggles of marginalized communities as “identity politics” is intellectually lazy. Sometimes, something just is racist or sexist, and if describing it as such is enough to make you have a meltdown, then maybe you’re the fragile one. I’m talking to you, Donald.

I find it amazing the amount of talk from the Right about how the Left are all "Snowflakes". Especially when the man they voted as their President is the biggest "snowflake" of them all - evidenced again and again on nearly a daily basis by Trump himself when he responds to someone who has apparently slighted him.

As one, of many examples, he attacked Meryl Streep on Twitter for simply using her Constitutionally-given right to free speech at the Golden Globe Awards. He accused her of being "overrated". Really? I mean REALLY? What is he, 12 years old? This is merely one of MANY examples that Trump provides ON A DAILY BASIS that it is actually HIM, Donald Trump, who is the biggest "snowflake" of them all.

Want more evidence? Just look at the many threads created daily on ATS alone by Trump supporters having a cry over things like Democrats protesting, as is their Constitutional right, and whinging that the Left should be subject to arrest (I kid you not) for also exercising their Constitutional right to protest Trump election. It is the Right, led by King Snowflake himself, who are the biggest snowflakes on the planet at this current time.

+89 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You poor thing.......

Lucky for you I am feeling generous today! No need to go to your doctor.

+58 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You poor thing.......

Do you have anything INTELLIGENT to add that is directed at the TOPIC of this thread? Or are you just content with proving the articles point?

+57 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Especially when the man they voted as their President is the biggest "snowflake" of them all - evidenced again and again on nearly a daily basis by Trump himself when he responds to someone who has apparently slighted him.

You have mistaken snowflake for an Alpha male.

Given your
TARD symptoms displayed on ATS I am not surprised at your confusion.

I hope your therapy threads are helping you cope.

+41 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

He literally whined about it being unfair when the results of the election were protested. Do you know who whines about things being unfair? Not alpha males I can tell you that much.

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Especially when the man they voted as their President is the biggest "snowflake" of them all - evidenced again and again on nearly a daily basis by Trump himself when he responds to someone who has apparently slighted him.

Given your

You are mistaking alpha male for cantankerous old rich man used to getting his own way with no one disagreeing with him. Easily done, I'm sure you know plenty who are the same.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
that guys twitter is so racist. he rips nicole kidman for being 'qwite.'

im a libertarian, therefore i THINK every race is equal.

anytime i see a psycho left or right start mentioning race, they lose all value to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Given your

Therapy is good for the soul, oh and other ailments! Trumpy's no slumpy and certainly not flakey or as fakey as the Clingons.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Trump should apologize for being born into a successful family.

His Dad worked too smart.

Your Dad should have to be a garbage man to be allowed to run.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Now I'm sad.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I find it amazing the amount of talk from the Right about how the Left are all "Snowflakes". Especially when the man they voted as their President is the biggest "snowflake" of them all - evidenced again and again on nearly a daily basis by Trump himself when he responds to someone who has apparently slighted him.

Well the article you quoted says the definition of a snow flake is: "delicate beings obsessed with our own uniqueness. We identify with genders and sexual orientations we made up off the top of our heads in order to confuse people. We demand that everyone at whatever liberal arts college we’re doubtless attending respect these fabricated identities, and we punish our peers with mean words like “bigot” and “racist” when they refuse to comply."

I don't see it anywhere saying if you attack someone who attacks you first you are a snow flake.

As one, of many examples, he attacked Meryl Streep on Twitter for simply using her Constitutionally-given right to free speech at the Golden Globe Awards. He accused her of being "overrated". Really? I mean REALLY? What is he, 12 years old? This is merely one of MANY examples that Trump provides ON A DAILY BASIS that it is actually HIM, Donald Trump, who is the biggest "snowflake" of them all.

So Meryl Streep has a constitutional right to free speech but Trump does not? Why would you use an entertainment award ceremony to complain about politics? Injecting divisive rhetoric into a supposedly "inclusive" entertainment show all because you lost? What is she 12 years old?

Want more evidence? Just look at the many threads created daily on ATS alone by Trump supporters having a cry over things like Democrats protesting, as is their Constitutional right, and whinging that the Left should be subject to arrest (I kid you not) for also exercising their Constitutional right to protest Trump election. It is the Right, led by King Snowflake himself, who are the biggest snowflakes on the planet at this current time.

Want more evidence? Just look at the many threads created daily on ATS alone by Leftist having a cry over something Trump tweeted.

+29 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
He whined or he spoke up? You see, that is a thin veil these days. He is not a snowflake. He is someone who simply speaks his mind and takes no #. What is wrong with that? Instead of speaking from both sides it is plain and simple.

There was a time that if someone said something about you then you cold retort. It does not matter who you are. If you look back historically he is doing nothing different than other administrations except he can get it directly to the public with a twitter account. If a person believes a 'tweet' will start WW3 they are the snowflake. Seriously.

He was asked to NOT contest the results by the DNC if he lost. He told them to stick it. But when they make up all this bull# and he calls them on it he is whining? No, the DNC and the Black congressional caucus and the #Nevertrumpers are the whiners who are so upset they will say ANYTHING to what? Change it? Not going to happen.

This is a man who said if I ever feel I have to run for president to turn around the country I will. He did. He won. Unprecedented. He whipped everyones ass and it was not Russia that did it. It was the American people who the DNC called deplorables.

I have never seen a group of bunch of whiny bitches in my life...ever....

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Whose Twitter is 'racist'? Trump?

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You poor thing.......

The inability of Trump supporters to respond to the actual content is a phenomenon I'd like to study more in depth.

Perhaps the OP contains too many paragraphs...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And now I'm sad. Thanks for making me think about the ending to The End of Time.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

The inability of Trump supporters to respond to the actual content is a phenomenon I'd like to study more in depth.

Perhaps the OP contains too many paragraphs...

Forget too many paragraphs, I'm thinking too many syllables.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You poor thing.......

Not only the president, but also a client!

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: stosh64

He literally whined about it being unfair when the results of the election were protested. Do you know who whines about things being unfair? Not alpha males I can tell you that much.

He won my friend, the only people that are whining about things being unfair are the hysterical Liberals.
The opinion stated by the OP and his linked story is just more proof that the Liberals are living in an alternate reality.
This is the new normal people....Trump has dropped the bomb on the Liberal way of life.
He is not the one throwing the hissy fit, it is you guys....don't like that he says something to offend someone? Too bad.
Don't like that he calls a massively Liberal boot licker "overrated"....too bad.
And if you want to call being an asshole a Constitutionally given right?...no problem, don't cry about being called out for it.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Everyone was so sure Hillary was going to win and break the "glass Ceiling" that the elites from both sides were partying in the glass house. Trump demolished the glass house with the elites still in it. They crawled out of the rubble and were horrified.

Someone who had not paid their dues, been an ass kissing part of an accepted party and not a politician won the Presidency. The mystique is gone, the shinny pedestal is on the ground.

The elites are now trying anything and everything to be relevant again as well as sink the new President.

Joe or Jane six-pack can look at this and dream of being President. We may see a future President pick their nose, scratch their butt or belch. A common, non Ivy League educated, working person from the heart of America.

How about a President from rural America that likes pickled sausage and crackers and stops at an IHOP or Golden Corral. One that doesn't mind Motel Six. Maybe wrestle a pig at a County Fair. Maybe even one that would shop at Walmart. Maybe wears overalls and chews on a grass stalk.

The kind of person who would fix their own toilet, uses duct tape.

How about their license plate collection, from the barn, nailed on the wall of the oval office.

Maybe the kind of person who would let a squirrel loose in church just because it would be funny.

The whole "that would be beneath the dignity of the Office" is elitist crap.

Don't jump on that Trump wouldn't do any of that, maybe yes maybe no, but he is the first crack in the wall that separates Washington from the folks.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You poor thing.......

Maybe Trump and his supporters can use that "American Made" brand every time they scream "its not fair" or "Fake News" or "its a conspiracy against Trump"

you should probably buy stock, its going to be a rough year on the Trump Sphincter

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join