It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm talking about behavioral psychology and operant conditioning. Positive means adding stimuli. Negative means taking away stimuli. Reinforcement means beneficial stimuli. Punishment means harmful stimuli. Thus positive punishment means adding a harmful stimuli (ie hitting.) Positive punishment is the least effective form of operant conditioning.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

originally posted by: InTheLight

a reply to: facedye

Contact the Director's of these college programs and ask them if it does any good.

you want me to contact the person that's lobbying for these programs to be included in their college to find out factual information?

...I already see a huge problem here.

I also see a huge problem with the fact that you've made a pretty declarative statement and are not willing to substantiate it with anything you know to be true.

I did not make that declarative statement, the college program directors are making that statement and there are many of them. It is just some of you don't want to hear it.

you're directly dodging my question on the assertion you just made. you're not even trying to defend it.

if you'd like I can ask it again.

If you want me to type a wall of text from my and others' life experiences of many forms of violence at the hands of others, I don't have the time, nor is it necessary because you disagree with me.

Let me say that I absolutely believe the college violence statistics and the need for these programs to educate.

now you're also deflecting, and distancing yourself from the original statement you stood behind.

allow me to restate my requests:

please show me one college program that has turned a violent, bumbling fool of a man into a well respected member of society.

please show me one example of how ongoing violent behavior self corrects itself upon maturity.

I said life experiences and maturity MAY help the person to self correct and education about anger management along the way should be sought if one cannot control their anger. Why would you not want to learn why you are so easily triggered and lose control to the point of physical violence?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

is that you reldra ?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

nice

link   
Wait.. so physical violence is due to being triggered and being out of control?? Nope. Not all of it. Not even most of it.

link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

I am not sure what you are implying here, are you complimenting reldra or insulting reldra?

link   

In abusive relationships that has only 1 violent partner in it 7 out of 10 times its the woman.
edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 17 Jan 2017 14:08:21 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Wait.. so physical violence is due to being triggered and being out of control?? Nope. Not all of it. Not even most of it.

Some of it certainly is.

www.uofmhealth.org...
edit on 17-1-2017 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Umm, did I say ALL in reference to little girl and little boy? I think I did not. Why? Because I know not all kids are the same, but generally speaking, boys are more likely to be the active ones and girls more likely to be quiet. Just do a simple Google search and you'll see it's generally true.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Someone spits soda on your kid, laughs, what is there to learn?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

You need to answer that question.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Some of it certainly is.

And that "some" justifies a course, demasculinization of men, and a safe space?? Thats nonsense. We already have things in place to deal with people who are out of control.. a safe space and course isnt going to do a thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Umm, did I say ALL in reference to little girl and little boy? I think I did not. Why? Because I know not all kids are the same, but generally speaking, boys are more likely to be the active ones and girls more likely to be quiet. Just do a simple Google search and you'll see it's generally true.

Oh, now it is generally speaking.

link   
Trying to eradicate violence is like trying to end prostitution.....ain't gonner happen. Both are criminalize in most places and there is still plenty of it going around.

Ppl have been fighting and fkng since the beginning, and that would continue long after everyone of us is gone.

The best form of anger management is knowing that if I run my mouth off at the wrong person or worst lay my hands on him/her, I might get my head knocked off.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Don't drink soda around kids ?

link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal

is that you reldra ?

correct.

link   

Some of it certainly is.

And that "some" justifies a course, demasculinization of men, and a safe space?? Thats nonsense. We already have things in place to deal with people who are out of control.. a safe space and course isnt going to do a thing.

Education is power...and change.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JD163

Certainly kept me in line as a youth more than supposed shame of my brain chemistry, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Some of it certainly is.

Education is power...and change.

Incorrect education is poison to a young mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: SaloonSal

is that you reldra ?

correct.

Next on the college program list: Passive-agressiveness, how does it feel?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join