It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: Advantage

Maturity-wise, emotionally-wise...most likely not quite there.

Im not being a jerk, but you should get out and jump in the trenches.. then get back to me about your ideas concerning teens being children. Ive seen 14 yr olds raising their younger siblings and doing a damned decent job. So dont lay it out that ALL teens are kids. Its an individual thing, and people are well capable of discerning how to handle each one INDIVIDUALLY.

I don't advocate physical violence with young people.
edit on 17-1-2017 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2017 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Ok at what age is it OK?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Why is it ever OK?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

A teenager's mental capabilities are far from fully developed. The human brain doesn't reach maturity until the age of 21. What develops last? Impulse control.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Look.

Pat went on a diet. Lost some weight too.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

To make sure that the social order is kept. If we didn't have the mild threat of violence it would quickly turn onto a mess.

Young adults don't always think, knuckle sandwiches help to educate them. Not shooting them, or baseball batting them, just a good one in the kisser.

link   
Let me guess ... toxic masculinity is when you insist on your 2nd amendment rights?

link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: SaloonSal
The ONLY men (sexual aggressive) that really need this course are the very men who would NEVER attend it !

Do you not see any value in empowering and informing men on how to identify destructive behaviors in other men? A whole lot of real men will take a course like this and those men are extremely beneficial to have armed with that sort of awareness so they might recognize it when they see it and perhaps even influence others.

REAL MEN don't need to take this course and other men are just being bullied and confused into thinking that they must be doing something wrong
JUST

This crap is just more of the same screwed up Liberal crap telling people they need to be CORRECTED !!!
MEN DON"T NEED TO BE CORRECTED !!!! ONLY SEXUAL OFFENDERS NEED TO BE CORRECTED !!!!

Maybe we need to send the CORRECTERS to a reprogramming camp of their own

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I disagree and so do the schools and colleges.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Contact the Director's of these college programs and ask them if it does any good.

you want me to contact the person that's lobbying for these programs to be included in their college to find out factual information?

...I already see a huge problem here.

I also see a huge problem with the fact that you've made a pretty declarative statement and are not willing to substantiate it with anything you know to be true.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

Contact the Director's of these college programs and ask them if it does any good.

you want me to contact the person that's lobbying for these programs to be included in their college to find out factual information?

I also see a huge problem with the fact that you've made a pretty declarative statement and are not willing to substantiate it with anything you know to be true.

I did not make that declarative statement, the college program directors are making that statement and there are many of them. It is just some of you don't want to hear it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That's a whole lot of unhealthy feminism...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And I can tell you that all research shows that positive punishment is the least effective form of conditioning. The same goes for an authoritarian parenting style. What works well? Positive reinforcement and an authoritative parenting style.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Knowing that colleges and you disagree with me will help me sleep tonight.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Mute reply.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Right, ask phillip morris about smokes 25 years ago. You are making less sense.

link   

I did not make that declarative statement, the college program directors are making that statement and there are many of them. It is just some of you don't want to hear it.

I hear it, and disagree with it. Its okay to be a man. The colleges and schools cant make men something other than what they are. MEN. I resent you and others trampling on MY beliefs and cultural norms... and calling it taking the high road. Prosecute sexual offenders or etc.. but leave men to be men. When this worm turns in education... I just hope Im there to see the fallout.

link   

you're directly dodging my question on the assertion you just made. you're not even trying to defend it.

if you'd like I can ask it again.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I would agree with that, won't even ask for a source.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

And yet the very thing you are espousing is essentially the most extreme form of positive punishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join