It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Why is that a bad thing, punching out a idiot?

Do you have a problem determining right from wrong?

I can tell you that time outs don't work unless they are backed up with the child knowing that there is going to be a spanking it the crap doesn't stop after the timeout. Sorry, raised kids and they will push boundaries and need firm loving parents to guide them.

This could be the problem we are talking about, that young people have never had a good one across their butts growing up. So anything goes, til they run into that guy from the theater.

link   
a reply to: Advantage

I am advocating that learning how to manage one's anger is a good thing, and not beating up children.

link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal
The ONLY men (sexual aggressive) that really need this course are the very men who would NEVER attend it !

Do you not see any value in empowering and informing men on how to identify destructive behaviors in other men? A whole lot of real men will take a course like this and those men are extremely beneficial to have armed with that sort of awareness so they might recognize it when they see it and perhaps even influence others.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: facedye

a reply to: facedye

Fair fights with your peers is not the same as a grown man punching the daylights out of you.

you sure do know how to dodge direct questions when they don't fit your narrative.

so now violence is magically more OK in the subsection of "fist fighting with your peers"?

come on. this is silly.

I was using your terminology re: fair fights. Kids hitting each other is commonplace because nobody is teaching them how to control their anger and then they end up in college.

I was not referring to fair fights. I was referring to people fighting each other and then shaking hands afterwards.

I know and have known many intelligent children who know exactly when using physical force against someone is acceptable.

the world isn't as soft and as approachable as we'd like it to be. conflicts exist, and they will persist into the future.

link   

again not children with hello kitty back packs---these are skinny jeans and rap artist tee shirts. Children they are not.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

They have plenty of time to self-correct when they experience life and mature. If they don't, then colleges will offer programs to help them correct.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

This is really confusing.
Why do so many lesbians dress masculine? Ya know if it's so offensive.
And why are they admitting women are to weak to deal with masculinity?

"Gender Appropriation" is a cancer on our society!!

link   

I am advocating that learning how to manage one's anger is a good thing, and not beating up children.

But, YOU are the only one who brought up beating up children... no one else.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Not any men I know. This is for neck beards and facial scrub men.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It was mentioned about teenagers...teenagers are children.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It was mentioned about teenagers...teenagers are children.

Not the ones I work with... no they are not.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Right all for $1,000 a credit hour.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Maturity-wise, emotionally-wise...most likely not quite there.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

They have plenty of time to self-correct when they experience life and mature. If they don't, then colleges will offer programs to help them correct.

please show me one college program that has turned a violent, bumbling fool of a man into a well respected member of society.

please show me one example of how ongoing violent behavior self corrects itself upon maturity.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

That should anger all of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

Contact the Director's of these college programs and ask them if it does any good.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ha, ha ha, teenagers are 18 and 19, notice the teen in there? But I would not ask for ages if this happened, we are talking about a full grown young man.

If you want to imagine beating up a child that has pull ups on and a Dora the explorer backpack go for it, trolling?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Maturity-wise, emotionally-wise...most likely not quite there.

Im not being a jerk, but you should get out and jump in the trenches.. then get back to me about your ideas concerning teens being children. Ive seen 14 yr olds raising their younger siblings and doing a damned decent job. So dont lay it out that ALL teens are kids. Its an individual thing, and people are well capable of discerning how to handle each one INDIVIDUALLY.

link   

Right this is a money maker, what do you think they are going to say?

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Ha, ha ha, teenagers are 18 and 19, notice the teen in there? But I would not ask for ages if this happened, we are talking about a full grown young man.

If you want to imagine beating up a child that has pull ups on and a Dora the explorer backpack go for it, trolling?

How would you know whether they were 19 or 16 just by looking at them...you could not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join