It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ROBOTNINJADRAGON

"This isn't 1993. If you punch someone, you're likely to get shot in the head, or stabbed these days. "In defense"."

I agree, so if you're gonna look for trouble, trouble might just find you, don't start non, won't be non

"Anyone at this point in society that is aggregating verbal arguments to physicality need to be put down like the hormone loaded horses they are."

So your answer to violence is even more violence,...is your ideal world some kinda 1984 condition?

"There's a lot of issues with the 'Alpha-Male', to start let's talk about when it's appropriate to punch someone over words? My suggestion is: Never. "

How would we determine 'Alpha-Male' behaviour from criminal behaviour? its one and the same? Its never ok legally and some would argue morally to inflict violence on another.....but it happens, there are ppl who are extremely sadistic and take pleasure in another's pain.....If a person has the misfortune to come across one,...what do you suggest? pull out my phone hit google map and search for the nearest safe space?

Its easy to take a moral stand and insist on how things should be,....making such fantasy come true is another story
Its not a black and white issue,....and the best we can do is to be responsible for yourself,...be aware of your surroundings, the lifestyle you choose and so on.....

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON
a reply to: seasonal

This isn't 1993. If you punch someone, you're likely to get shot in the head, or stabbed these days. "In defense".

Even in 1993, people were talking around like introvert, saying this isn't 1986.

Anyone at this point in society that is aggregating verbal arguments to physicality need to be put down like the hormone loaded horses they are.

There's a lot of issues with the 'Alpha-Male', to start let's talk about when it's appropriate to punch someone over words? My suggestion is: Never.

Put down? You have anger management issues. Please commit yourself.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My feeling is hte sexes are losing meaning. Masculinity and femininity are like boats on an increasingly waterless planet. People are increasingly independent. Whereas in the past a man and woman worked together far more often, now, at least in capitalist societies, they're competing against each other. They're giving the children to the state in all cases for increased independence. The state will in turn enact more management of early childhood development. This will result in many changes to humans. While we lose the uncontrolled dynamic of past years, the benefits of science might outweigh it by far. Declining the fruits of science--in exchange for authority over your children--might be akin to a dark age. It's like turning away the offerings of a first world nation because "freedom!" While there's some dignity in going it alone, you also lose out on the education and technology opportunities of hte first world.

The reality is this has been going on for a long time. It's not new. It's a steady progression. There's no point where we say "Oh we're giving the children to the state." It's like the analogy of the frog being slowly boiled. The differences is this process isn't killing us, per se. It's a natural process of energy conservation that's been active since hte beginning of time.
edit on 2/2/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
My feeling is hte sexes are losing meaning. Masculinity and femininity are like boats on an increasingly waterless planet. People are increasingly independent. Whereas in the past a man and woman worked together far more often, now, at least in capitalist societies, they're competing against each other and giving their children to the state. The state will in turn enact more management of early childhood development. This will result in many changes to humans. While we'll lose the uncontrolled dynamic we have today, the benefits of science might outweigh it by far.

Oh I think a guy can be masculine without being a bully.

IMO macho bullying is taught. I'd say - - look at the parents.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

My feeling is hte sexes are losing meaning. Masculinity and femininity are like boats on an increasingly waterless planet. People are increasingly independent. Whereas in the past a man and woman worked together far more often, now, at least in capitalist societies, they're competing against each other and giving their children to the state. The state will in turn enact more management of early childhood development. This will result in many changes to humans. While we'll lose the uncontrolled dynamic we have today, the benefits of science might outweigh it by far.

I should say we're not making a moral decision to be independent and hand over the kids to the state. It's amoral. It just makes sense in our era. It's math. It's like deciding to take the shorter quicker route to work. And it's not obvious either. We don't even notice it's happening. And I'm not saying it's bad. To me, working against what's occurring would be like instructing gravity to go away. People who fight it will be called bigots and on top of that they'll be fighting the laws of the universe. The puritans are a prime example. They fight and I guess they're victorious. But who cares? So you're puritans and try to grow your own food and worship God. Good for you. *clap clap*
edit on 2/2/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I should say we're not making a moral decision to be independent and hand over the kids to the state. It's amoral. It just makes sense in our era. It's math. It's like deciding to take the shorter quicker route to work. And it's not obvious either. We don't even notice it's happening. And I'm not saying it's bad. To me, working against what's occurring would be like instructing gravity to go away. People who fight it will be called bigots and on top of that they'll be fighting the laws of the universe. The puritans are a prime example. They fight and I guess they're victorious. But who cares? So you're puritans and try to grow your own food and worship God. Good for you. *clap clap*

Sorry, but I have no clue what you're trying to say.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Yes, anger management issues at a hypothetical example. Damn that hypothetical 'alpha-male'!

So what do you propose to do when someone physically assaults you? Read them a story? And you also judge my choice?

Please kill yourself. That's how much I care what you think.

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join