It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There is rape

There is regret sex

And there is

I was raped

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JD163

There is rape

There is regret sex

And there is

I was raped

Isolated opinions matter not.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

There is rape

There is regret sex

And there is

I was raped

yea, of course not, we should all just listen....and believe

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Puts new meaning to the Beta in college fraternities doesn't it.

I'll continue to be a man, thanks.

I think you meant to say that you will continue to "identify as a man"...don't you realize that there are now 63 Genders to choose from?

I do so long for the good old days, when real men were masculine and real women were feminine. I am a firm believer in equality - and of course am a firm opponent of violence against women - but whatever happened to "viva la difference"?

Mobius, I'm afraid it's already decomposed into "Respect the homogeneity."

I am positive that in ten years and PC left unchecked, 51% of all supposedly
old-school, hetero relationships will contain a female sapiens with more
free testosterone in her bloodstream than the male's. This is not evolution,
nor some other accident. Soft, brainwashed males are easy to kill. period.
And the other (standard equipment) like veterans and other hard targets
have to be labeled as somehow dangerous 'so [we] can control them'. Buzz.

Make no mistake, I like strong women a lot. but I'm old/got muscle density.
Unfortunately my brain is also following suit with the density thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
How did this thread go from the attack on masculinity and men, to rape?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Just as trying to educate-out a woman's built-in instincts to bear and care for children might...

Many women today are choosing not to have children.

It's taken a long time, but its finally socially acceptable without guilt and judgment.

But isn't this largely due to women having the OPTION to not have children. Not due to societal norms, but due to affluence.

Affluence created largely by a world built by men....

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

They have plenty of time to self-correct when they experience life and mature. If they don't, then colleges will offer programs to help them correct.

You seem to be arguing AGAINST them experiencing life though?? Getting beaten for spitting on someone's child is a perfectly expected part of life for people who spit on children, no?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault found that 1 in 5 college students are the victims of sexual assault. The ACLU reports that as many as 95% of college sexual assault cases go unreported. Men are by far much more likely to be the culprit in any sexual assault. These facts alone should be enough to show that there is an issue with "toxic masculinity" on college campuses.

Dude, rape is not toxic masculinity, it is rape.

originally posted by: lovebeck

I appears they are one in the same for some people. Hence the issue at hand.
edit on 1/18/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

There is more to sexual assault than just rape. And yes, a lot of sexual assault in college is caused by toxic masculinity.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

There is rape

There is regret sex

And there is

I was raped

You are a source of isolated opinions.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

There is more to sexual assault than just rape. And yes, a lot of sexual assault in college is caused by toxic masculinity.

I disagree. It is caused by assholes. It has nothing to do with toxic masculinity.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here is best Russia Toxic Masculinity class:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No such BS as toxic masculinity. There is masculinity and it contains behaviors/attitudes that the feminazis disapprove off.

Toxic? by whose standard? And what business have they to decide how others should think/act?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No such BS as toxic masculinity. There is masculinity and it contains behaviors/attitudes that the feminazis disapprove off.

Toxic? by whose standard? And what business have they to decide how others should think/act?

They know what's good for us and how we should think. The fact that they are not too bright and have nothing productive to do with their time shouldn't change anything.
I recommend a few actual courses like partial differential equations, thermodynamics, and organic chemistry as prerequisites for all the social engineering courses. This will help with understanding the heat of the moment and the molecular structure of testosterone.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

They know what's good for us and how we should think. The fact that they are not too bright and have nothing productive to do with their time shouldn't change anything.
I recommend a few actual courses like partial differential equations, thermodynamics, and organic chemistry as prerequisites for all the social engineering courses. This will help with understanding the heat of the moment and the molecular structure of testosterone.

A better suggestion would be to get rid of SJW courses, or at the very minimum, no student loan allowed, nobody should be funding brain washing,....you can get retard on your own dime.
edit on 18-1-2017 by JD163 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You certainly don't need to convince me my man.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Because any thread I've seen that defends masculinity always does?
I don't know how it happens. It's either a subversive tactic or just opens wounds of those hurt and damaged by sexual abuse and strikes the chords of those affected who have become hostile towards all men due to this horrible action.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
weak cowards are inhuman cruelty to prisoners, unarmed or less technologically advanced. powerful people are more compassionate than Mother Teresa, they not only help the civilian population effectively they beat the crap out of the above. and the struggle against evil in the western version youtu.be... of men wearing skirts is laughable . you tell these m.vk.com... girls in Donetsk that their men dressed skirts - they you long time kicked feet

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
weak cowards are inhuman cruelty to prisoners, unarmed or less technologically advanced. powerful people are more compassionate than Mother Teresa, they not only help the civilian population effectively they beat the crap out of the above. and the struggle against evil in the western version youtu.be... of men wearing skirts is laughable . you tell these m.vk.com... girls in Donetsk that their men dressed skirts - they you long time kicked feet

And they wonder why the continent is turning into Eurabia

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

You certainly don't need to convince me my man.

@ JD163 - You do, however, need to convince me man because you can't simply explain away toxic behaviours from any gender by bashing feminists or women. From Clara's blog at Duke University. An interesting take on toxic behaviour from any gender through continued societal programming.

I’ve noticed that men who express feminine behaviors are severely harassed for such actions by their fellow men. There exists a slight ostracizing of men who don’t fit into the mold of a “manly man”; their masculinity is constantly being monitored and scrutinized. I believe the thought process behind this is that it shows weakness, an unwelcome fragility and vulnerability that is associated with femininity. Aggression, perseverance, determination, and ambition are all seen as innate qualities of men. So this “mask of masculinity” idea was so fascinating when put in context with the story of Catalina de Erauso, who dressed a man thus allowing her to go on wild adventures throughout Europe and the New World. Her life, along with her streaks of violence and aggression as a soldier and criminal, act as evidence that this idea of masculinity and femininity are not confined to one gender. They are simply facades used to falsely justify sexist mindsets and power dynamics.

The conference information from Oregon State, where it explains what the discussion will be about, so some of you can get the real aim.

Engage in collective imagining to construct new futures for masculinities, unrestricted by systems of power, privilege, and oppression.

dce.oregonstate.edu...

And as for the educational session at Ithaca State, it seems to be leaning more towards the multicultural aspects of toxic socialization of men and boys, which may or may not be coming to a college near you.

The collective socialization of boys and men intersects with and can have a direct correlation to violence as beliefs and behaviors are taught and reinforced throughout this life-long process (view women as objects and the property of men, gender is a binary and absolute, real men are dominating, fearless, emotionless and strong). This workshop will attempt to introduce participants to “The Manbox” that illustrates the accepted expectations and limitations of masculinity, briefly examine hegemonic masculinity and its role as the wheel that rotates a cycle of violence, and empower willing individuals to begin to recognize, acknowledge, own, and disrupt the toxicity of manhood in order to end violence (i.e. sexual violence, domestic violence, bullying, sexism, and etc).

www.ithaca.edu...
edit on 19-1-2017 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join