It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

you are 100% correct remember the boy who made a pop tart into a gun?

There is a certain amount of Boy/man in the male of the species.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
If that is a gun, then I am a Twinkie(the snack).

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

I would hope the stupid school would have caught him pew pewing with the pop tart to warrant the suspension. But thereis a war on boys.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JD163

IMO, if you realize you raped three weeks after the act, then you weren't exactly raped.

NO. There is a mental processing period.

Disbelief, guilt, denial, confusion, etc.

Especially if it's by someone you know.

I know.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
I think he was saying that was his opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

No, in those cases, you know you have been raped. There is difference between not being able to admit it and genuinely not being sure if you've been raped.

If you aren't sure, then you maybe you weren't. Maybe you just have a ton of regret and then instead of admitting that you are ashamed of what happened and partially responsible, you turn around and say, "Hey, maybe I was really raped." And don't tell me a woman would never do that. They can and they do.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: JD163

IMO, if you realize you raped three weeks after the act, then you weren't exactly raped.

NO. There is a mental processing period.

Disbelief, guilt, denial, confusion, etc.

Especially if it's by someone you know.

I know.

They don't have a clue Annee.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No, in those cases, you know you have been raped. There is difference between not being able to admit it and genuinely not being sure if you've been raped.

If you aren't sure, then you maybe you weren't. Maybe you just have a ton of regret and then instead of admitting that you are ashamed of what happened and partially responsible, you turn around and say, "Hey, maybe I was really raped." And don't tell me a woman would never do that. They can and they do.

I was raped.

I know exactly the brain process you go through.

And there is no black and white timeline on not only when it should end, but when the process starts.

Denial and acceptance is a major part -- and is often delayed.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Nobody gets it and even if they experienced it, it may be denied. Denial is our culture.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Nobody gets it and even if they experienced it, it may be denied. Denial is our culture.

Just look on ATS.

Who do they usually blame?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I know exactly the brain process you go through

I think it would be more accurate to say that you know exactly what your brain goes/went through, you can't keep speaking for everyone Annee.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Hazardous1408

This brings me to field dressing a deer, changing out a toilet or dealing with other icky stuff.

There is a feeling I get that society is drifting more and more to the that's icky and I "can't" do it.

I just do the thing. I, be it wrong or right, think that there should be a willingness to take these little messes in life and do them. These classes are attempting to feminine men, and I don't like it.

I can field dress a deer faster than my husband, maybe even faster than you. My dad was a poacher though; poor and hungry can be a great motivator for efficiency, so admittedly an unusual circumstance.

But...

If doing "icky" stuff is one of the qualifiers for masculinity then why do so many men get squirmy about changing a diaper or cleaning up puke?

Weird.

(Aaaaannnnd... cue the line of "Nuh Uh! I change more diapers than my wife". Which I doubt, but even if you do, you are the exception and I'm not talking about you).

Or, it's just one of the myriad of silly things men like to tell themselves that they are better at than women so they can feel more special... er, or... something. It makes no sense. There are plenty of things that men are better at than women, good, valid, valuable things. But when men try telling me they are better at handling gross stuff, which is a soft lead in to more practical, or even (gawd halp me) more rational I will laugh in your face.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I think it would be more accurate to say that you know exactly what your brain goes/went through, you can't keep speaking for everyone Annee.

Were you raped? Have you spoken with women who have been raped?

When someone has an experience - - they often share it with those who had a similar experience - - and discuss the process.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sh&t that is not fair.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Sh&t that is not fair.

Excuses and blame the woman.

Typical.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Sh&t that is not fair.

Typical.

Nobody that know me will never believe that.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Sh&t that is not fair.

Typical.

Where did I do that Annee?

All I said is that you can't talk for all women, you have a bad habit of doing that with everything.

I would never blame a women for being raped, I find rapists to be the lowest form of human.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Sh&t that is not fair.

Why is that?

Do you speak for all women?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Sh&t that is not fair.

Why is that?

Do you speak for all women?

I don't challenge you...someone else is challenging you and making you believe it is me. Go girl! Bite her deep.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

????

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join