It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal
The ONLY men (sexual aggressive) that really need this course are the very men who would NEVER attend it !

As for the rest of the men, I as a woman, feel that this group of men could use a course on RE-GAINING their masculinity !
As the years progress, it's sad to see more and more men being pushed by society to become like women !!

I've said it before and I'll say it again- "Let men be men and women be women" ..."stop screwing with nature "

Sorry society, but your plan to weaken the strong from fighting back is going to backfire on you!!

By society's attempt at neutering men and in exchange, empowering women, they actually are creating the very monster that will become their own worst nightmare.
Does anyone even comprehend how powerfully violent and in control a woman can be ?
What we may lack for in muscle, we more than make up for with viciously cunning and devious and deceptive minds !!
Good Luck to that TPTB plan to make the cattle defenseless and controllable.
NATURE WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

I think what you're saying is instead of patriarchy we'll have matriarchy, or something generally similar. This is the woman's turn. The males had their run for maybe thousands of years or more.

So what do we do then? Recognize males and females are different and try to manage society with that in mind? So different bathrooms, different clothes, different after school activities, different laws, different everything? Different leadership? Different food? Different world? Isn't it just easier to find the similarities between the two and try to persuade the sexes to adopt it? That's what I see happening. It's a cost saving measure.

I think "virtual" value will increase though. So whereas the real world aspects of ourselves mayl mix, the virtual parts might not. What makeup you use (if any), what clothes you wear, the words you use, the movies and art you favour, all of these things are virtual and don't matter in the real world. These things will be very diverse in the future. We'll have more choice than ever in history regarding flavor of ice cream or what color our skin is or what movies we watch or what our name is or whatever.

Real value is your capacity to directly influence survival in the real world. Making a baby directly impacts survival. In hte old world, children died more frequently and helped the family more with chores--so it made sense for the mom to be pregnant several times. In the old world, having muscles also impacted survival, but it's impacting it less and less because of machines. Just those two things separate men from woman, but these walls are falling for differemt reasons, including the need to keep costs down.

We may go in real world directions with no historical precedent. So forget man/woman. New terms are needed. Something not male or female. New realities might emerge and from this new classifications. In fact I think this is likely. You know how having a baby for a woman and muscles for a man were important historically? Well it'll be something else and it may apply to both sexes. Maybe some humans will live off-earth, for example, and they'll not look like normal humans. It has to have real world value. I'm not talking about people changing their bodies for random reasons... like that guy who tries to look like a lion. That's virtual value and not what I'm getting at.

Broadly I tink the value of a human being is falling. Billions of people and rapid advances in technology and knowledge mean proportionally we're each dropping in value. Society is henceforth creating more efficient policy. The move is toward cooperation and on the world whole. The individual in all this is lost. Unless we can counter this by increasing our value and leaving Earth, I think we'll become unselfish borg-like human-hybrids, possibly like birds with lots of glitter virtual value to please the eye and mind.
edit on 1/17/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: JD163

a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe that these programs are free, so what agenda are they pushing?

That we live in a rape culture?

They clearly state that these programs try to educate...to get to the root of toxic behaviours...which may constitute many. It would be helpful if we had an outline of the program we can get specifics.

There already is a course for that.....criminal psychology

More along the lines of ... Sociology: Patriarchial Toxicity and Why We Resist The Topic

So the answer to the 'resistance' is to force the issue? Every consider that ppl who resist might not agree with the Patriarchial Toxicity narrative? Meaning they don't think there is such a thing?

The answer is to learn that resistance is futile.

Right, so its your way or the highway....sweet

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: facedye

I'll accept your challenge up front. What points have I ignored?

I think this is what the "quote" function is for. funny that even you forgot the question you posed to me. you asked me if it's ever appropriate to hit a 19 year old.

originally posted by: facedye

Well considering a 19 year old still has an underdeveloped brain, is it okay to hit them?

I think this question is really obtuse, and quite entertaining.

I don't think it has any intellectual value, but it's still entertaining.

so just because you didn't catch me in one twist of words, you're now trying out a different approach?

ok, i'll bite:

a 19 year old can operate an automobile (which can be turned lethal instantly), enlist in the army to kill other people at home and overseas, own a gun, go hunting to kill other animals for food and leisure, and last but not least: start unreasonable problems for unreasonable reasons.

so yes, I can imagine a few situations where I wouldn't argue against a 19 year old being assaulted/committing assault on someone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Do we really need to define sexual assault? Also, it's a known fact that most cases of sexual assault go unreported. Like I said earlier in the thread, the ACLU says as many as 95% of sexual assault cases go unreported in college.

I went to a small school and know of a number of people that were seriously assaulted. Hell, I'm male and even I was a victim. That said I only knitter of one person that went to the cops and they acted like she was a liar.

So you tell me. Why are there so few convictions?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

And I didn't ignore that. What I was doing was trying to find out your parameters for when it's appropriate to assault someone even though their brain isn't fully developed.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

You were also likely raised fairly well. Sadly, there is a growing class of people who haven't been.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Maybe because a lot of times, the case is he said/she said? That isn't to say that assault may not have occurred in some fashion, but it's not also not to say that it strictly did, either.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Bit of a tangent, and I get your point, but I think defining sexual assault is sensible, as a well known study failed to properly define it and I think that's where a lot of mistrust for studies on the subject come from.
Is dancing with someone at a club then misreading and going in for a kiss sexual assault?
If two people are equally intoxicated and in the morning one of the participants wakes up with no memory of giving consent, or even both have no memory of consent, is it rape, and if so is it possible for both to be victim AND abuser?
Is a football player grabbing an opponents crotch without it being obvious if it was purposeful or accident, and the crotch owner feels violated, asexual assault?

On first thought, sexual assault seems obvious, and to someone who is performing any action, I'm sure they personally know whether they feel it is or is not, same for a victim/recipient of action if it indeed is not an assault, but we cant just go on whether the actor and the recipient of the acts feelings, can we?

Either way I see no harm in defining it properly to avoid any confusion from either side.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Maybe because a lot of times, the case is he said/she said? That isn't to say that assault may not have occurred in some fashion, but it's not also not to say that it strictly did, either.

I think is could also be an issue of what is consent. Back in the day it was no means no

Today it is, no means no, yes means maybe which could also means no or I realize that I was raped 3 weeks after the act.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman

Bit of a tangent, and I get your point, but I think defining sexual assault is sensible, as a well known study failed to properly define it and I think that's where a lot of mistrust for studies on the subject come from.
Is dancing with someone at a club then misreading and going in for a kiss sexual assault?
If two people are equally intoxicated and in the morning one of the participants wakes up with no memory of giving consent, or even both have no memory of consent, is it rape, and if so is it possible for both to be victim AND abuser?
Is a football player grabbing an opponents crotch without it being obvious if it was purposeful or accident, and the crotch owner feels violated, asexual assault?

On first thought, sexual assault seems obvious, and to someone who is performing any action, I'm sure they personally know whether they feel it is or is not, same for a victim/recipient of action if it indeed is not an assault, but we cant just go on whether the actor and the recipient of the acts feelings, can we?

Either way I see no harm in defining it properly to avoid any confusion from either side.

Exactly

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JD163

IMO, if you realize you raped three weeks after the act, then you weren't exactly raped.

I think that's more of a case of colossal regret.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree, but mattress girl would say otherwise, thats the problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It turns into a very bad situation if this is indeed regret. It takes away from real victims.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And I didn't ignore that. What I was doing was trying to find out your parameters for when it's appropriate to assault someone even though their brain isn't fully developed.

Their development doesn't determine if their actions require a physical confrontation.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

How do they arrive at this #?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Creating a generation of cuckolds.

Sad.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

An also creating a generation of guilty men that are guilty for being men.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

you clearly did ignore it. i gave you a straight answer to your question. you didn't address it in your response, as if you didn't read it at all.

"their brain isn't fully developed." OK, but they own guns, can be in the military and kill other people, can drive automobiles, can hunt, etc.

when is it appropriate for them to assault someone? clearly they have to, since all of the above takes place. do you see what's wrong with your question? it's misleading and has an agenda. it's not an honest question.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Check out this older story

www.foxnews.com...

I can see you now. You would pull this young man aside give him milk and cookies and explain what he did was wrong.

Fortunately the judge didnt have your outlook and the father faced no charges.

A real man provides for his family, protects the weak, loves his kids, and trys to solve things peacefully. But a real man also knows when its time to step up and lay his hands on someone. When someone assaults you or your family its one of those times.

If someone spits drink on my 4.5 y/o son making him cry and doesn't apologize and instead laughs thats one of those times when a punk will learn a valuable lesson in life. Treat others as you would want to be treated and sometimes the mistakes you make in life and lessons learned in life are painful. Sometimes it may require a broke nose , a few missing teeth, or things of that nature to ensure you think twice before you do foolish things.

You sound like someone that has never lived in the REAL world. I can ASSURE you there is a real world where no matter how good you can talk, no matter how much you try to reason with someone and no matter how peaceful you wanna be it will be either you or them getting the short end of the stick. Or someone you love.

And save the bravado about defending yourself. There are plenty of violent criminal scum bag men in the streets and in the prison system who would make quick work of you unless you are CCWing. You aint Rowdy Rousey and even she was overrated, and no she would NEVER have beaten any man in the UFC.

PS men do not need to be changed... If we had the men you feminazis wanted during WW2 we would be speaking German. Now go snuggle up to your deballed feminized man and hope you two dont get mugged or assaulted while you guys are out together. Or maybe you two could talk the mugger into being nice and leaving you alone.

edit on 17-1-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
IMO all of this reprogramming the sexes is just going against nature, and nature has a strange way of of correcting things and winning in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join