It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools offer ‘safe spaces’ to combat ‘toxic masculinity'--“Unlearning Toxic Masculinity”

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe that these programs are free, so what agenda are they pushing?
edit on 17-1-2017 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So you disagree that there is a sexual assault issue on college campuses?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is about as ridiculous a thing as I can imagine...in a higher education setting no less...

Liberals wont be happy until all men are named Nancy and wear skirts.

Call me old fashioned, but I think men should be men, not what some confused gender identity crisis liberal thinks they should be. What are women going to think when they are on a date with one of these emasculated males and someone insults her honor and the so-called man runs to his safe space to cry about it for a few minutes instead of defending her. I bet that will go over real good. So, I guess strap-ons are a two way street in these relationships now...to extend the metaphor...no pun intended...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: seagull
But then, I had a living, breathing example of what being a man is all about in my life. My Dad.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!

The past few decades have seen an all out assault on all things traditional. The single parent home, and even the two parent home with both parents working to such a degree as they rarely have time with their children has destroyed this generation. Instead of them learning about life and what it means to be a man or what it means to be a woman from their parents, we've devolved on "it takes a village" horsesnip that's more political pandering and foolishness than actual knowledge.

Another major issue, we're in an era in which everyone is too goddamned afraid to actually define masculinity and femininity out of fear of offending some special headcase that thinks their male one day, female the next, Xerxes of the planet Zanadu on day 3. It's utter crap, it's sick, it's perverse, and it's very much a recreation of the final days of the Roman Empire... the last time the most powerful civilization on Earth allowed their own excesses and self serving crap become a destructive disease.

Much the same as with any other argument these days, hyperbole enters the fray... if you support "traditional manliness" then *OMG!!! GASP!!! You must be a supporter of SEXUAL ASSAULTS on women!!! GASP!!! OMG!!!* To which I can only smirk, shake my damn head, and tell those idiots STFU and Sit TF Down, adults are conversing right now. Manliness hasn't got a goddamn thing to do with sexual assaults, or really even sex... it's recognizing your responsibilities, taking care of your responsibilities, defending your own, and oftentimes doing it all when you feel like crap, ache like an SOB, would rather be doing anything else in the damn world... but keep on keeping on, without griping, whining, complaining, or looking for someone else to take on your responsibilities, because you're a damn MAN and that's what MEN do. You disrespect a man, you can expect to see stars. You butt into a man's business, you should expect to pick yourself up off your ass. You try to disrupt the sanctity of a man's home and/or family, you should realize the dirt of the grave may pour over your head real soon. Violent? Oh hell yeah, for a purpose, though. MEN take on the troubles of the world, often with little to no gratitude... so yeah, every now and then some trouble spills out of our glass and may slop onto whatever idgit was dumb enough to cross us at that time... that's the price the world pays for looking for others, responsible others, to take on their troubles.

I wouldn't say so.

I was brought up by my single mother and spent the majority of the time without a father figure.

I turned out fine.

I think it's an excuse to be honest.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
This is about as ridiculous a thing as I can imagine...in a higher education setting no less...

Liberals wont be happy until all men are named Nancy and wear skirts.

Call me old fashioned, but I think men should be men, not what some confused gender identity crisis liberal thinks they should be. What are women going to think when they are on a date with one of these emasculated males and someone insults her honor and the so-called man runs to his safe space to cry about it for a few minutes instead of defending her. I bet that will go over real good. So, I guess strap-ons are a two way street in these relationships now...to extend the metaphor...no pun intended...

If someone insults her honour then she can stand up for herself. Simple.

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That is fair, I was the opposite, but i assume when you were a dick it was on purpose? I don't imagine you acted like a dick when you had made a mistake, say, bumped into someone out of carelessness then swore at them, or accidentally spitting a drink on a kid when playing (just because that's the example from earlier)?

Would you have apologised for an accident, or been a dick about it? I did drink, smoke, light drug use, (failed in my attempts to) have sex, and I'm sure I had 'moody teen' moments, but for an accident? An apology was forthcoming.

link   
a reply to: Abysha

You see, that's my point, sort of...

I don't need that class, or one like it in anyway, to teach me anything. I learned years ago, that no means no, in any context, much less one of an intimate nature... Four older sisters, and no nonsense parents, will do that for you, every time.

Yet, when appropriate, I can, or could since I'm not as young as once I was, draw down with the best of 'em. Or so I tell myself...

As Patrick Swayze once, rather famously said,

You can not learn to be a "man", what ever that is--it differs for everyone--by going to a class in a controlled environment. You learn it, or not, out in the real world. Making mistakes, hopefully learning from them, and moving on. It's called living. I learned what I know of being a man from the example set by my Dad. No nonsense old soldier with some decidedly old school notions concerning discipline. A swat on the butt as a reminder of what is considered proper behavior for a young man. I never saw him raise a hand to his daughters, as that would have been inappropriate, that was left to my mother who was equally no nonsense.

I keep hearing about those teenagers spitting soda--who taught them that this is even approaching appropriate behavior in public. In your own backyard--maybe--but in public? Not even remotely. I would not be shy in letting said kids know that, either, and I can be an intimidating presence when I choose to be.

As in the above movie snippet--I'm nice, until it's time not to be. ...and I'll decide when that is, not some college professor who hasn't been out in the world since he or she was much younger, if even then. If I overstep the bounds of what society deems appropriate, I'll answer for it willingly.

Again, if you need to go to college to learn this, you were a lost cause to begin with.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So you disagree that there is a sexual assault issue on college campuses?

No. I disagree with the numbers reported in some studies.

Like I said, one study asked if the person had ever been raped.

The other study asked if they ever went out drinking and had some guy flirt with them. . . they (the people conducting that particular study) then "deemed" that as "rape".

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

That we live in a rape culture?

link   
a reply to: InTheLight

No the colleges see another way to milk the youngsters or as you refer to them as children out of $$$.

link   
dp
edit on 17-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The most conservative polls still put sexual assaults on college campuses at over 10%. Is that acceptable?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That being passive is better than being aggressive.

Social engineering at its finest!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JD163

That we live in a rape culture?

They clearly state that these programs try to educate...to get to the root of toxic behaviours...which may constitute many. It would be helpful if we had an outline of the program we can get specifics.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The most conservative polls still put sexual assaults on college campuses at over 10%. Is that acceptable?

Are you sick?

When have I ever endorsed rape?

Go to hell, sicko.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think it is not that simple.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think it is.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

These programs are probably free, at least the one I looked at.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So do you believe that if we had 1000 college women in a auditorium there are at least 100 that were raped?????

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think it is.

The previous social engineering of bygone days just ain't working anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join