It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May sets out her Brexit plan today.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Shinny things are problematic that's a given.

Then again the way our economy functions, if people were to stop purchasing said shinny things, or even products like alcohol or Tobacco, our economy would be on its arse.

They tax the life out of us on those things after all, lose that revenue stream and that's a problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Im not particularly for or against Brexit, i just want it to do what it says on the tin.

I hope those opportunities materialize as much as the next Man, im just not willing to hold my breath.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Interesting thoughts

On topic though I am optimistic for our future in an independent UK, I honestly believe we can pull it off and be a stronger nation after the obvious initial transitional challenges.

*edit*
...and I hope Scotland sticks with us, even in a federal arrangement, whatever, but independent and free of the EU.
edit on 18.1.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There will always be winners and losers.
Just like there have been winners and losers for the past few decades while inside the EU.

For example, all the MEP's will lose their jobs, though most are UKIP MEPs so I can't see the Remainers crying about that

Also there will be less need for translators, so I imagine a few jobs will be lost from that sector too.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: doobydoll

It's rather pathetic isn't it.
If we need people they will be welcome, but the people we don't need can pay for a holiday here instead, and get kicked out if they overstay.
Same if I overstayed in Canada.

Good riddance to European beggars I say, and hello to hard workers that the country needs.

I've been having the same discussion on other forum sites, I'm astonished at how many remainers keep belching out this drivel. I'm accused of not wanting to see any shades of brown skin in this country just because I voted for Brexit, something I absolutely have never said and would never say. How can one have a proper discussion when participants contribute untruths as facts?

The EU is just a middle-man in the economy, middle-men are a useless entity and an unnecessary expense, they only exist for their own interests and parasite off both sides of the deals, whilst convincing everyone involved that everything is impossible without them.

The EU is a corrupt agent. A big fat parasite. Europe would be much better off without it.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Lol I hear ya!
It has felt like a war of attrition at times fending the pathetic racist and xenophobic bigot attacks.

I feel we are winning that war on ATS these days though, now people understand the difference between controlled needed immigration and no immigration.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join