It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May sets out her Brexit plan today.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The house of lords is basically a setup of people who inherited their rank, think earls and earldom or kings and kingdoms. A lord naturally has lands, that they govern over. It was once an access point to parliament to bring a case up with your lord and have him raise the point officially in a court - A court in a sense is basically what parliament is but somewhat evolved.

They have other functions too, generally be a nuisance to the "real" parliament is one of them depending on who you ask.

In other words it's an antiquated or "traditional" part of parliament that could well be abolished in the terms of the peoples will. That's my opinion anyways.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Agreed.
Nobody is advocating cessation of immigration just immigration we need.
We had fruit pickers under special visa schemes long before the EU.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yeah but half the time it's immigration we unnecessarily need.

I can't actually believe I'm arguing the opposite side of the dish, it's true though.

Germany was mentioned earlier and the great construction effort that ensued that I'd like to believe helped bring that wall down (I was born in the 90's) but even Germany knew that education was the key, today Germany has a thriving and well stocked construction industry. Generally the people are educated enough to do the simple jobs, they will if needs be but generally they are onto bigger and better things.

Am I wrong?

Germans leave school knowing a trade and how to approach work, we fail massively on that and ultimately money is money and work is work. Another brick in the wall or another step gone off the ladder?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm unsure but I know i will love being a sole trader in an independent Britain.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Individual rights man. I love em, I live them.

We all want to be heroes even if just for the day, Sometimes the hero is the common chap doing a service.

I'm all for individuals individually making a difference and I'd insist on a just reward, I think it's called capitalism. It can work, you're £300 up on such endeavors are you not?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

What do you mean?
I work 5 or 6 days a week.

*edit*
By choice of course, pretty much everyone who whines makes a choice.
edit on 17.1.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well if that's the case a £300 supplement sounds just to me, heck you took your weekend out for it.

Would you consider yourself lucky or able? Most people feel relatively stuck in the grind, they don't get such gifts to work hard for... Circumstance and all that...
edit on 17-1-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Oh behave, the job price was fair to an old woman when others were ripping her off.
My point was more about unskilled eastern Europeans living four to a room and working for £40 a day.
What are your thoughts on that?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Maybe you just have an employee mindset?
We will never understand each other if that is the case.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I think it's actually disgraceful any human being could be in such living arrangements, degrading.

I'm not whistling dixie and I doubt you are either, that was my point. The fact a bunch of people are willing to live in degrading housing whilst not being Chinese or in some other land of sweatshops I take somberly. To be frank, I don't want Eastern Europeans to suffer in their own lands yet such prospects of coming here are prospectful. We need to support those a little less fortunate.

To add:

Basically I'm a fan of keeping my own garden, it's a failure on my part if you tend to my garden. But at the same time I'm not ignorant in the fact that the hedges are overgrown in my gardeners garden. We can all grow something if we at least lend some tools to our neighbours, heck lend a hand if possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Maybe you just have an employee mindset?
We will never understand each other if that is the case.

Maybe, willingly.

I can teach others to learn themselves, I can tell them what to do too.

Maybe you can't understand that?

I've never been capitalistically inclined if that helps.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Dude I fixed a slate roof today and plastered a wall yesterday. ...We don't need Un/semi skilled eastern European workers in the building sector, we need to train our young.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

My point exactly.

I can be terrible at language, it's accessibility.

It's #ed if anyone from any nation can travel to another and profit due to a lack of ability within the nation they are heading to. How much is a sheet of plasterboard, how much is 4-8 roof tiles?

These nations they come from need roofs repaired too, a level of content or survival should be associated with working in every nation a individual is born never mind hopes of making it in "great britain" because it isn't so great nor should we ask for greatness while extorting those we might as well deem less than us.

Know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You dissing Britain now?!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'll fight you for it

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You dissing Britain now?!

Haha never.

We win due to the spirit that fills the entity.

I have faith in my brothers and sisters, it's why I always hope for better and why I'll always say we are #

Britain, the land that shall never have dark satanic mills.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'll fight you for it
I'd die for it

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I never thought I would I say this about a primeminister, but Theresa May is starting to win me over. I like her.

She has been tasked with a massive responsibility to pull us out of the EU and after her speech it is refreshing to see that she is pulling no punches!

The woman has got balls! If all goes to plan then I will be voting her in again at the next G.E that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I definitely prefer having May negotiating the exit over anyone else I can think of right now.
She's started well in my opinion so I'll just carry on eating the popcorn and see how it pans out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join