It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snap election to be held in March after Northern Ireland government collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Belfast faces its "greatest challenge in a decade" as last-ditch efforts to find a resolution between Sinn Fein and the DUP fail.

An early election will be held in Northern Ireland on 2 March after the collapse of its government, it has been announced.

Northern Ireland Secretary James Brokenshire said the devolved Northern Ireland Assembly will sit for the last time on 25 January, before it is dissolved the following day.

The break-up of the power-sharing government comes amid a dispute between Sinn Fein and the DUP over a botched renewable energy scheme that could have cost the taxpayer £500m.

Snap election to be held in March after Northern Ireland government collapses

It seems like every time we turn around, there's another Country's Gov disintegrating due to abuse and squabbling inside Government walls.

Abuse of it's Citizens and their Tax $ along with a lack of scrupulous standards. Details we are all too familiar with these days.

I hope they clean house in Ireland as well.

edit on 17-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
from Belfast myself pathetic the way the gov get on over here needs sorting asap ....

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

Yeah man so do I. It's good in a lot of ways, like watching domino's falling in slow mo, one after another. Like Brexit and The US Elections. Everything is shifting now, for the better we can only hope.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

if they can't agree then direct rule could be brought back always a fun option to keep them in line .

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Paramilitary groups reaching for the oil and pull throughs.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If the USA thought they had a dire set of politicians to choose from they would fall off their chair if they knew about Northern Irelands.

The best way forward in this day and age is to have NO politicians or political parties, Instead people vote directly for the rules and legislation and the people inside parliament buildings are simply administrators with no say in the matter.

Direct democracy is the way forward, politicians ruin politics....

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

so true !

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Its good ...not the cost to the taxpayer of course...but Westminster Style Dissolutions. We had ours dissolved last July.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
If the USA thought they had a dire set of politicians to choose from they would fall off their chair if they knew about Northern Irelands.

The best way forward in this day and age is to have NO politicians or political parties, Instead people vote directly for the rules and legislation and the people inside parliament buildings are simply administrators with no say in the matter.

A Media moguls wet dream. May as well just hand Murdoch the keys to the kingdom and be done with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

Indeed it would. I believe they scrapped it in 2007 but back now would be a good time for it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah I recall that from last year. I just hope it all goes through smoothly without the circus entertainment.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

A Media moguls wet dream. May as well just hand Murdoch the keys to the kingdom and be done with it.

Possibly true, What would you suggest to improve things?

I think it's iceland that uses the method i was talking about and there doing well for themselves, they where the only country to jail the bankers back in 2008 as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Speaking as a good conspiracy theorist aught, the timing of this coincides with the publication of a report into institutionalised child abuse. It is possible to conclude therefore, that this whole green energy scandal is nothing more than a detraction, not to say a convenient way of burying some uncomfortable and damaging revelations. That's what we do here, right?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Possibly true, What would you suggest to improve things?

I think it's iceland that uses the method i was talking about and there doing well for themselves, they where the only country to jail the bankers back in 2008 as well.

Iceland is a very small country population wise. I cant see it working in large populated countries where the majority of the people still rely on the MSM and the guy down the pigeon club for information on how to vote.

EDIT..How would i improve things?...An IQ test would be a good start... This person has a vote on someones future somewhere...think about that for a moment.

edit on 17-1-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It seems these things are always timed around this scum and their demented realities. Soon these sorry excuses for humans will get their own, payback is a bitch.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
WTF!? How does North Ireland gov just collapse?? There are many american companies that have logistics, finance, and services relocated there. Will this have an effect on those operations?? Maybe thats regular Ireland? Well in any case, hope for a smooth transition period, and all the best to the people with some of the coolest accents ever!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

No I don't think it's a regular occurrence there, but it's awkward and expensive for it's Citizens having a dumbass government that can't understand simple needs of it's own people and do things that would make the average person curse or vanish them permanently. But I too hope they put in Gov that listen to those flipping it's damn bill.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Until the people of Ireland tire of trying to be right in the great religious argument, im not seeing that their future is all that bright.

top topics

join