It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Scottish expansion plan, despite no new foreign deals promise

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well apparently Trump has no intent to keep us word on no foreign deals being made through his company
This again brings up the issue of Trump not putting his company into a blind Trust...

Trump is showing us his hand, how do we know he will not keep doing this, and indeed w other countries that might pose issues w our political foreign policy?

Deals that line Trumps pockets, while cutting politics deals?

Still hasn't sunk in to his supporters that he never keeps his word...
They say judge a man by his actions.... well...

One of the many overseas businesses owned by President-elect Donald Trump has announced plans to expand operations, despite Trump's promise just last week that his companies would not do any new foreign business deals while he is in office.

With just four days to go until Trump is officially sworn in as the nation's 45th president, the Trump Organization announced plans Monday for a new golf course at the recently opened Trump Turnberry resort in Scotland.

Source

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They just announced it, but it's been in the works. Watch, there will tons of "new" projects that are really old projects revived.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
What President ever kept his word?

It sucks we had to choose between the Clap or Syphilis but them the bricks.

All we can do his hold his feet to the fire. Since inauguration is days away, we should give him some time to show his true colors. He's either yet another pawn of the deep state of he isn't. His actions as President will reflect this quickly, he just isn't President.... Yet.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Emolument Clause, here we come!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Since inauguration is days away, we should give him some time to show his true colors.

What kind of colors have we been seeing up to this point?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Since inauguration is days away, we should give him some time to show his true colors.

What kind of colors have we been seeing up to this point?

Mostly orange.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Emolument Clause, here we come!

Aye! A presidency compromised and tainted from Day 1. It will be an interesting ride as we see how far Trump can push the boundaries of US Constitutional law and ethics.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

They just announced it, but it's been in the works. Watch, there will tons of "new" projects that are really old projects revived.

Thats kind of what im wondering, I know it had "been in the works" but , like you said how long will he use that line?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Another guy got 6 1/2 years out of "it's Bush's fault".

Once you find something that works, stick with it

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Trump officially handing his businesses over to his son(s) is a tactic that UK politicians have always used. To prevent being caught up in a conflict of interest a Home Secretary, for example, would hand over a directorship, or shares in a private government security contractor, such as G4S, to a spouse or a child. I'm not defending this shameful practice, I am merely pointing out that is not a particularly unusual thing to do, and is also the sort of skulduggery that I have come to expect from a profession that I consider equal to lawyers and dog faeces.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Don't know how these projects pan out in Scotland, but here in the U.S. such a project could take 2-5 years just to get through all the local and state permitting stages before the shovel even breaks sod.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Scotland could use a kick in the kilt.

Go Trump!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Apparently you missed this -

Trump Will Donate All Foreign Government Profits At His Hotels To The U.S. Treasury

Do you understand that profits only occur after sales have propped up his bottom line, that may not have even met payroll had those foreign emissaries not books rooms and events.

So, their financial contribution is still a "payment for services", in violation of the Emolument Clause, even with Trump's empty promise of "donating" profits.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

and yet it doesnt change what he said or his actions.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what Trump does, he told the world that. If it were Hillary who took foreign money to help poor, she would be impeached Jan 21. It is going to take more than a million human march to change this fact we have to live with now. And watch how it all plays out with one party in charge over the entire nation. This inauguration will be the saddest one I will ever experience.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nope, it doesn't change what he said. It also doesn't get him out of violating the Emolument Clause.

If payments from foreign dignitaries help pay for janitorial services, it benefits Trump, even though it's not "profit".

edit on 17-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
It doesn't matter what Trump does, he told the world that. If it were Hillary who took foreign money to help poor, she would be impeached Jan 21. It is going to take more than a million human march to change this fact we have to live with now. And watch how it all plays out with one party in charge over the entire nation. This inauguration will be the saddest one I will ever experience.

Why don't you guys car bomb the place?

Like in Kabul or wherever.

You know, really make yourselves heard.

I don't think we take you lefties seriously enough.

Maybe have one of your guys shoot up a dance club too?

Either that or stfu and join in.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

- Article I, Section 9, Clause 8

Now that you have the wording explain what he is violating. Maybe you can do a better job than the nutcase Elizabeth Warren, who repeats things she obviously doesn't understand.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The building of the next phase of an existing development is taking place, I dont see the issue?

Hardly what Id call a foreign deal

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join