It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: underwater search called off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The underwater search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has come to an end, with passengers’ families informed that the effort to find the plane has been suspended.

“Today the last search vessel has left the underwater search area. Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has not been located in the 120,000 square-kilometre underwater search area in the southern Indian Ocean,” it read.

“Despite every effort using the best science available, cutting edge technology, as well as modelling and advice from highly skilled professionals who are the best in their field, unfortunately, the search has not been able to locate the aircraft.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: underwater search called off

Tons of money has been spent in search of this aircraft. They've finally given up. Still very curious as to where it went and/or what brought it down.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I can't begin to imagine what it's like for the families of those on-board, not knowing anything about how or why they lost their loved ones.

I thought there was a line of evidence a while back that pointed to them looking in the wrong place and that the most possible outcome was for it to have come down over land?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Yes. From the article sourced.

In December, the ATSB said it had a “high degree of confidence” that the wreck would not be found in the seventh arc – the first time it had publicly lost confidence in the search zone. Instead, it highlighted a new area of approximately 25,000 sq km – between latitudes 33 degrees south and 36 degrees south – as “the area with the highest probability of containing the wreckage of the aircraft”.

This is the result of that search and it's conclusion as I understand it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So what of the other reports from the Oil rig worker etc, out of everyone that you could class as credible he would be right up there plus if the reports are believed he has come under flak for stating what he witnessed..

A few other people put the plane in a totally different area, so many questions and no answers,

Indeed must be awful to have someone missing in such a manner.

RA

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So what happens to the money...liability from the government ran airline? What becomes of liability. Terrorist attack/hijacking or maintinence failure or pilot suicide... wasn't payment to the families at stake here? I joined back when this happened because it was the only time I ever saw CNN air a show how a miniature black hole could have swallowed this plane... #good old days

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
They not find it because they know the truth and the public would not like what that is. If people believe that it is not possible to find this plane with today's technology (and some of it is 20 years ahead of what we know) and satellite coverage etc then they are well and truly blind.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What really happened to those people on that plane? Were they victims of a suicidal pilot? Did they get shot down? Land on Diego Garcia? Was the plane hijacked remotely by computer overrides? Was the new invention on board recoverable? We may never know.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The Malaysian government knows what happened to MH370.

They'll never tell, but they know.

They always have.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
So what happens to the money...liability from the government ran airline? What becomes of liability. Terrorist attack/hijacking or maintinence failure or pilot suicide... wasn't payment to the families at stake here?
The airline already tried to start arranging compensation for families. They weren't waiting for search results, passengers were already declared presumed dead.

originally posted by: cfnyaami
What really happened to those people on that plane? Were they victims of a suicidal pilot? Did they get shot down? Land on Diego Garcia? Was the plane hijacked remotely by computer overrides? Was the new invention on board recoverable? We may never know.
You're right we may never know though some of your possibilities seem far-fetched. I would add some potential fire concerns, including but not limited to the large load of batteries known to be potentially flammable. The state of mind of the pilot is definitely a concern:

MH370 pilot was upset over wife moving out

-MH370 pilot devastated by his marriage breakdown
-A close friend said Captain Zaharie was in 'no state of mind to be flying'
-He warns Zaharie could have taken MH370 on a 'last joyride' and that the crew wouldn't have known something was wrong 'until it was too late’

Daughter of MH370 pilot raises alarming new questions about his state of mind in weeks before plane's disappearance

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the pilot’s wife, Faizah Khanum Mustafa Khan, has told investigators that he stopped speaking to her in the weeks before the fateful flight on March 8, and spent time alone in his room where he had built a flight simulator. ‘He just retreated into a shell,’ she said.

Meanwhile, Aishah Zaharie, 28, the pilot’s daughter, said that in her last conversations with her father, she barely recognised the man who used to dote on her. ‘He wasn’t the father I knew. He seemed disturbed and lost in a world of his own,’ she said.
People who knew the pilot have dismissed the suicide theory but I'm not sure they knew about these changes reported by his family the last few weeks of his life.

I don't think we can rule out the fire or some other possibilities either, it's still unsolved.

edit on 2017117 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
So what happens to the money...liability from the government ran airline? What becomes of liability. Terrorist attack/hijacking or maintinence failure or pilot suicide... wasn't payment to the families at stake here?
The airline already tried to start arranging compensation for families. They weren't waiting for search results, passengers were already declared presumed dead.

originally posted by: cfnyaami
You're right we may never know though some of your possibilities seem far-fetched. I would add some potential fire concerns, including but not limited to the large load of batteries known to be potentially flammable. The state of mind of the pilot is definitely a concern:

-He warns Zaharie could have taken MH370 on a 'last joyride' and that the crew wouldn't have known something was wrong 'until it was too late’

Daughter of MH370 pilot raises alarming new questions about his state of mind in weeks before plane's disappearance

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the pilot’s wife, Faizah Khanum Mustafa Khan, has told investigators that he stopped speaking to her in the weeks before the fateful flight on March 8, and spent time alone in his room where he had built a flight simulator. ‘He just retreated into a shell,’ she said.

Meanwhile, Aishah Zaharie, 28, the pilot’s daughter, said that in her last conversations with her father, she barely recognised the man who used to dote on her. ‘He wasn’t the father I knew. He seemed disturbed and lost in a world of his own,’ she said.
People who knew the pilot have dismissed the suicide theory but I'm not sure they knew about these changes reported by his family the last few weeks of his life.

I don't think we can rule out the fire or some other possibilities either, it's still unsolved.

I feel like if TPTB knew they were going to do something with this plane then they would start the smear campaign against the pilot. Not saying the pilot didnt do it. Im just saying the easiest out for them is to just blame the pilot and wash their hands.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is sad news. The families of the passengers won't have any true closure... it is not like they didn't try..

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This would be a great project for RV to do.

Wonder if anyone here can do it?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur The state of mind of the pilot is definitely a concern:

That is utterly untrue. Zaharie hugged his wife in the hallway and kissed her on both cheeks in the hallway as he left for work witnessed by the housemaid, Nur Hyatti.

Again utter nonsense and false reporting.

Pilot's daughter says UK tabloid 'made up' MH370 report

Kuala Lumpur: The daughter of MH370's pilot has accused a British tabloid of "making up" an article in which the paper quoted her saying her father was unstable before the flight, a report said on Monday.

What you cite as evidence was in fact false reporting

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
They not find it because they know the truth and the public would not like what that is. If people believe that it is not possible to find this plane with today's technology (and some of it is 20 years ahead of what we know) and satellite coverage etc then they are well and truly blind.

IMHO they turned back with an electrical failure unaware that the aircraft was venting off precious cabin pressure

i257.photobucket.com...

top topics

join