It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Never Trump’ national-security Republicans fear they have been blacklisted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Retire them all .

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Please, give some examples and show the error of my ways -- by all means!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Please, give some examples and show the error of my ways -- by all means!

Trump has always hired "yes men" who tell him what he wants to hear.

Simple! from the time Trump first picked Pence as his running mate.

Trump, Pence don’t agree on key social, economic policies
link
Trumps pick for AG Sessions.

Attorney General nominee Sen. Jeff Sessions said he would not support a ban on Muslim immigrants to the US based solely on religion — despite President-elect Donald Trump saying such a ban should be in place.

I believe JinMi gave you the example of Tillerson so no need to go there. There are a multitude of his appointees that don't agree with every thing he says.

On the other hand you're candidate of choice spent 1.2 billion dollars of other peoples money, and none of her own on a failed political run.

Not to mention your beloved Obama 9 trillion added to the deficit.

Yet you tell me that Trump sold us out. Get real.

Nice deflection by the way you might want to stick to the topic!

edit on 17-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

edit on 17-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So a number of politicians SIGNED their name on a LIST, then complain they're on a LIST???!!!! SMFH

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Trump has always hired "yes men" who tell him what he wants to hear.

...probably why he's had so many business failures.

A true leader accepts that his decisions aren't 100% right, and values different opinions.

Only an arrogant fool hand picks people who will cower and agree with him all the time.

quite a failure. You do know he is past being a millionaire and on to being a Billionaire right?
It's clear that you hate him, but when you have to lie about him to make yourself feel better, you are just showing how pathetic you really are.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

These people are traitors to Trump, and they are traitors to the people that elected them to office.

This is exactly the sort of language that has people worried. Our representatives take an oath to defend the Constitution, not an oath of loyalty to a Leader. They are heroes for doing what they were sworn to do.

Yes, Trump will try to punish them.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You actually think it was fabricated? a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
why would you keep people in important positions who were against you? wouldnt their loyalty and performance always be suspect?

for truly important roles you need true believers, or those who are basically without belief (mercenaries) who will do the best job they can because its a contract and they are getting paid.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

theres too much wiggle room on day to day issues where a person could convince themselves they are being loyal to the constitution while still subverting the government in one way or another.

humans have a remarkable ability to rationalize even the worst behavior. If you are defaulting to a belief in the essential goodness of a person i hope you dont lock your doors at night.....cuz that would be hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I hope this translates into election losses for them! I don't know how McCain and others keep getting voted in.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

They are some of the biggest names in the Republican national security firmament, veterans of past GOP administrations who say, if called upon by President-elect Donald Trump, they stand ready to serve their country again.

These people are traitors to Trump, and they are traitors to the people that elected them to office. A lot of them pretty much made Trump say that he would stand behind the nominee. When it turned out that Trump won the nomination then they wouldn't support him.

What about you ATS do you think Trump should throw them a bone? Or do you think he should throw them out like yesterdays garbage.

I personally think that none of them should ever hold an elected office again.link

F'k em and feed them fish heads.

Ignore them.

They are dead to us.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Hint. They were elected.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
They want a do over. They didn't get their trophy. They need their blankey. The very idea that Trump would surround himself with people who have a different take on Nation Security is just not done. Oh, the horror, their not relevant anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

They are some of the biggest names in the Republican national security firmament, veterans of past GOP administrations who say, if called upon by President-elect Donald Trump, they stand ready to serve their country again.

These people are traitors to Trump, and they are traitors to the people that elected them to office. A lot of them pretty much made Trump say that he would stand behind the nominee. When it turned out that Trump won the nomination then they wouldn't support him.

What about you ATS do you think Trump should throw them a bone? Or do you think he should throw them out like yesterdays garbage.

I personally think that none of them should ever hold an elected office again.link

You can't hold the "vow" against them when trump didn't make the same vow.

That's like placing a bet that the other party refuses , then asking them to pay up after the fact??

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
They want a do over. They didn't get their trophy. They need their blankey. The very idea that Trump would surround himself with people who have a different take on Nation Security is just not done. Oh, the horror, their not relevant anymore.

Well that or they legit think we just elected a Russian puppet and they were raised by Reagan to hate Russia..

There is always that..
edit on 17-1-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I see sycophants and haters... and VERY few that see things clearly anymore. Billionaire or not, Id likely not give Trump a second glance, but he is very very useful. He isnt even president yet and has proven himself in flushing out the rats on both sides. His hubris and ego will definitely work in our favor... so let slip the Trump of DC.

What should he do with the "traitors"? Retire them in any manner he sees most amusing... and please do it very publicly.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Isn't this just politics ?

People in every political party choose sides, choose issues, choose causes. When their candidate wins perhaps those sides, issues and causes will get favorable consideration.

When your candidate loses, so do your issues.

They made the choice to sign the never Trump letters. Now they get their consequences.

I don't even know why people are spending time talking about this.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They have already shown that they are dishonest,opportunist,dishonorable,disloyal, why would anyone trust them?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
Only if they can prove loyalty. Grovel so to speak. Better to turn enemy into friend.

After Romney ...

I'd say they know the odds are low. And they should be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join