It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Never Trump’ national-security Republicans fear they have been blacklisted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

They are some of the biggest names in the Republican national security firmament, veterans of past GOP administrations who say, if called upon by President-elect Donald Trump, they stand ready to serve their country again.

These people are traitors to Trump, and they are traitors to the people that elected them to office. A lot of them pretty much made Trump say that he would stand behind the nominee. When it turned out that Trump won the nomination then they wouldn't support him.

What about you ATS do you think Trump should throw them a bone? Or do you think he should throw them out like yesterdays garbage.

I personally think that none of them should ever hold an elected office again.link

edit on 17-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: fixed

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

They gambled, they lost.

What are they trading..? I kid, i kid!

If they want back within this re-identification of the Republican party, I think they should be required to show their worth...if they have any.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Mc Cain,Graham,Ryan I if Trump would not give these people the time of day nor any commission

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Only if they can prove loyalty. Grovel so to speak. Better to turn enemy into friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If they can prove pee-pee gate to be fabricated and point to the fabricator, they win a prize!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

“Before he won, the conversation was, ‘We really would love for you to change your mind and join us,’ ” Peter Feaver, a National Security Council special adviser under President George W. Bush, said of informal talks with Trump aides. Feaver, who signed both letters, added that, “Since he won . . . the conversation is, ‘There likely will be a blacklist of people who signed the letters who won’t themselves be eligible for a post.’ ”
Does it surprise you at all that this came from a Bush insider?

Trump has enemies from all sides and from the media. Would you keep your friends close and your enemies closer, or would put as much distance between you and these jokers as possible?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Mc Cain,Graham,Ryan I if Trump would not give these people the time of day nor any commission

Senator John McCAIN has done a 180, and is now telling his Republican colleagues to support Trump's choice for Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson. This will go a long way to getting him back into Donald Trump's good graces.

Source: insider.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

That is all well and good, but I think that they have already shown the fact that they are worthless.

Bunch of damn snakes in the grass defying the will of the people!

By the way thanks for pointing out my error I get a little carried away at times. I fixed it though.

edit on 17-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

In their defense, the will of the people was not properly known until Nov. They started detracting far earlier than that. Very and I mean VERY few politicians are worth their salary.

If they want to get on board in the direction Trump (and most of his supporters) want and can prove it, then more power to them.

IMO however, I think Trump should be eyeing new blood.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Why did you have to bring up McCain's name for he is the most useless tool in the shed.

How Arizona keep electing him is beyond me!

Plus I'm pretty sure Trump wouldn't have McCain clean his toilet.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

In their defense, the will of the people was not properly known until Nov. They started detracting far earlier than that. Very and I mean VERY few politicians are worth their salary.

Yes that is true. Do you think that the reason they started detracting is because Trump is not part of the establishment, or do you think it was for some other reason altogether?

I couldn't agree more that we need new blood in politics. Not just in elected positions but in appointments as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yeah he's sort of the Republican Harry Reid...you could say the same of Nevada

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yes, I do think initially that they detracted because he was not part of the establishment or politics at all. The bile that spewed from the MSM only strengthened their resolve and I think that they thought they were on the winning side and fully prepared to say "see! Told ya so!"

Yes, new all around. I voted Trump for POTUS and 3rd party everywhere else applicable.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Ya I stayed away from the down ticket as well.

I think the best thing Trump could do is get the best possible people for the job regardless of political affiliation.

The whole two party system isn't working very well especially when you look at who we have had in office since Bush senior. The last twenty eight years haven't been good for America! Politically speaking of course.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Throw the scum out.

He needs to drain the swamp left and right.

Shame he does not throw Pence out too.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I kind of like Pence.

I think he was shell shocked that Trump picked him as his running mate to begin with.

In time I hope we see who Pence truly is.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Trump has always hired "yes men" who tell him what he wants to hear.

...probably why he's had so many business failures.

A true leader accepts that his decisions aren't 100% right, and values different opinions.

Only an arrogant fool hand picks people who will cower and agree with him all the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Throw the scum out.

He needs to drain the swamp left and right.

Shame he does not throw Pence out too.

These people aren't "the swamp".

Why is it so hard for Trump followers to understand this?

The people who financially support these politicians are "the swamp". The big money, special interest groups -- the lobbyists who represent multi-national, international corporations -- those people are "the swamp".

These big money corporations and wealthy campaign donors are literally buying the very government out from underneath her citizens.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Wrong....again.
www.nytimes.com...

Rex W. Tillerson, whom Mr. Trump has chosen to be secretary of state, parted ways with the president-elect on a range of issues this week, calling President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia a regional and international threat who should be countered with “a proportional show of force.” Mr. Tillerson rejected a ban on Muslim immigrants, called the United States’ commitment to NATO “inviolable” — again contradicting Mr. Trump — and said he did not agree with Mr. Trump’s previous comments that Japan should perhaps obtain nuclear weapons.

More examples in the source.

It's futile practice to continue to throw feces at a wall to see what sticks.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Only an arrogant fool hand picks people who will cower and agree with him all the time.

Your comment sounds like you are talking about Obama more than Trump.

These big money corporations and wealthy campaign donors are literally buying the very government out from underneath her citizens.

And the above comment definitely sounds like Hillary.

Get your facts straight we are talking about Trump here.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join