It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't shed my baby weight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I gave birth 7 months ago. I weighed 160 pounds before my pregnancy and weighed 240 going into delivery. I had always been toned and pretty fit but now I can't shake the weight. Most people assured me breast feeding would take care of it but I didn't produce enough milk to breast feed my son. I eat healthy and exersize 3 times a week. I know it's not a lot but it's all my mommy schedule will allow.
In total I've lost 80 pounds but the rest just won't go away. Does anybody have any suggestions? I am so sick of not seeing results.
edit on 17-1-2017 by EdgarAllanCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Give it some more time. I would re assess at the one year mark and see how things were going then. Your body is still recovering from birth, I think it takes about a full year just for your hips to return to the right place. it took nine months to grow and it will take at least that to really start to see major changes. Don't stress if you can help it, give yourself a break

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Not sure about in your country but where I live there is this exercise class called kanga (like a kangaroo) where the exercises are all done while carrying your baby. The first person who replied imo gave good advice.

Another thing to watch out for is when your bubs starts to eat don't eat the food the bubs does not, it's ok to throw out what he/she does not eat.

It will take time and you may never get back to your pre baby size but you are a goddess and have produced a magic child.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: EdgarAllanCrow

I got a good jogging stroller when my son was a few months old. That kills two birds with one stone: you get the baby some fresh air and stimulates his visual senses, AND you get a workout. Once I started jogging with him the weight came right off. Plus you get to exercise without having to leave your baby.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Keep in mind everyone's different with this, despite celebs touting they can loose the weight very fast. Seen some lately showing otherwise, might want to observe that.

If not already stay far from processed food items. Namely carb intense foods and drinks.

Also, I'm not ion the same boat at the moment, while understanding your issue, might help to exercise more during the week if that can be fit into your schedule(maybe add some different routines to what you already do and or equipment?). Exercise 4-5 days a week at the least, leaving for a break day or two helps a lot to keep in shape even when not trying to loose weight.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I agree with this. Find some higher intensity short workouts ( like Jillian Michaels , she has a lot of 20 min videos and I think you can find some of hers on YouTube like 30 day shred) that you can do during nap time comfortably. I did that when my youngest was a baby and it helped a lot.

edit on 17-1-2017 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Maybe my math is off, but you're saying you lost 80 pounds... and you said you went from 160 to 240. So you actually did lose your baby weight. What am I missing?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Don't stress if you can help it, give yourself a break

This right here is all you need to hear my love.

It's one thing to want to be all slim and sexy, but you have just done the most wonderful thing a woman can do and created life. Focus on that and don't stress about the weight. You will lose it eventually, just don't panic about it

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

What is your height?

You are at a plateau. Perhaps your new set point is higher than it was before pregnancy. Your body has changed and your hips are likely wider. Hormones make your fat deposits work differently than before you got pregnant. Pregnancy even changes the amount of grey matter in your brain--it definitely affects body shape and size.

I have never been pregnant and as someone who is anorexic, what you speak of is something that I have feared. I am a very small person, naturally, and yes I understand that my eating behavior/body image is disordered and not good or healthy. I do however know a whole heck of a lot about losing weight.

I also know that your body is never the same again after you have a baby. Your hormones are to blame for your body clinging to your weight like that. Either that, or your weight is where your body wants it and your body doesn't want to go lower because going lower would be unhealthy. I'm in a similar situation. Even though I am thin, I can still lose weight past a plateau if I keep trying. I've gotten down to 84, so anything is possible (death, included lol). The same goes for anyone at any weight. Your body wants you to slow down, so it is slowing itself down to account for the lack of calories that it is getting.

For instance, my body wants me to weigh about 125 pounds, ideally. That's my set point. I look the best at that weight. I, however, have an eating disorder and still want to lose more weight. So I do, but my body fights me. It takes me a long time to lose a little bit of weight, now, versus when I first started to restrict.

--If you aren't eating enough, your body is going to fight you, too.

Recently, I lost about thirty pounds. I am five foot two. I wasn't large to begin with, but I was larger than I wanted at about 140-145 (the biggest I have ever been). I had had a surgery and was unable to walk for many months. So, I cut my calories. I starved. Now, I'm telling you this because I want you to understand that weight is all calories in v. calories out. You should say that for a woman, the minimum amount of calories you need to keep your body functioning is about 1500 calories. If you keep yourself at 1200 you will lose weight. Probably lots of it fast. You don't even need to get up off of your butt to exercise. As long as you don't eat too much you will lose weight. Drink lots of water. Chew mint flavored gum or suck on mints. Fidget. Go on walks. Learn to listen to your body and know when you're hungry or just bored.

Just don't get too obsessed about it. Trust me. Your kid needs you and your kid loves you regardless of your weight.

Going under 1000 is starvation. Just don't do that and you will be okay.

a reply to: Ksihkehe

Mhm. I just saw that, too. Nice catch, man.

a reply to: markosity1973

I concur--that's what truly matters.

edit on 17-1-2017 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
My kids are Vegans, They are slim and trim and super strong. Both my sons have six pack bellies. They are 26 and 27. My youngest sons wife just had her second baby in November, and she is also vegan. She pretty much snapped right back. She was probably 130, and is probably 145 now, and she has d cup boobs. She is breast feeding her 3 year old and the baby too.

My older son is a super badass physique. He swears by Pine pollen, and Pur black (natural minerals), This kid has so much energy and stamina he is bouncing off the walls. I read up on pine pollen and was amazed! Now I am taking a teaspoon every morning, and a tiny bit of Pur black minerals every morning. I notice the difference.

As for your weight , don't rush anything. Eat well, get as much rest as you can , and allow time for the weight to come off. Lots of vegies, and fruits when you need sweets. Small portions of meats are ok, and go easy on carbs, and grains.
What is most important is your emotional well being. You are going to be fine! I promise!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Breastfeeding (if possible) will help loosing weight faster, too.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'll leave this topic up to the women who have gone through this. I have read some stuff but I doubt if what I read from the medical standpoint is correct. I think the women here might be able to help you.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I am a Yang (male this incarnate) but was able to shed 70lbs. of former muscle which turned to fat and still eat out of the carton of B'Day Ice cream nightly, in fact the diet that goes along with this dictates You eat EXACTLY what You want to eat. You basically make every meal "Thanksgiving" It isn't the L-Tryptophan that makes You tired it is the fact that You are "Sated" You KNEW You're going to have Turkey for 364 days so once You ate the turkey You were FULL.

First thing in the morning upon rising-----> 1 warm-HOT mug of water. To speed up Your metabolism put a couple drops of Lemon in the water. It is to be warm-HOT but not hot enough to burn Your pipes. CHUG the whole mug. By Wed. of next week You'll be 3-7 lbs. lighter. This will also make You go "Poop" first thing EVERY morning. When You get real good at it, You'll be getting awakened to vacate. This is EXCELLENT because not only are You shedding unwanted fats but also clearing Your pipes...

With the "Thanksgiving Meals Diet" or the "Psychologists eat anything You want diet" After eating Your b'fast is when You plan Your lunch. If You want a tuna fish sandwich, then You MUST eat a tuna fish sandwich. If a friend takes You to lunch at Arby's™ KNOW what You want prior to ordering This is akin to the old adage "Don't go shopping when You're hungry"

I'd also HIGHLY recommend 'Nascent Iodine' in Your copious amounts of water You'll be drinking.

www.laurapower.com...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdgarAllanCrow
I gave birth 7 months ago. I weighed 160 pounds before my pregnancy and weighed 240 going into delivery. I had always been toned and pretty fit but now I can't shake the weight. Most people assured me breast feeding would take care of it but I didn't produce enough milk to breast feed my son. I eat healthy and exersize 3 times a week. I know it's not a lot but it's all my mommy schedule will allow.
In total I've lost 80 pounds but the rest just won't go away. Does anybody have any suggestions? I am so sick of not seeing results.

80 pounds in 7 months is quite impressive! I hope that you are eating well (healthy) for your sake and your children's.
I was quite fortunate with my first child in that I did not gain very much weight at all (maybe 20-25 pounds), as a matter of fact it was difficult to tell I was pregnant until about the 7 1/2-8 month mark. The birth of my second child was a little different in that I likely gained about 30-40 pounds (including baby's weight). I was working at a resort in Florida at the time so this allowed me to be on my feet and quite active not only at work but, at home. It still took quite awhile to lose it. Looking back, I would say a year.
I didn't breastfeed either of my children.

I think activity is key. You didn't mention if you were a work at home mom or outside of the home but, I'm wondering if you could find some other mothers in the community who may like to get together for physical adventures through the week with your children in tow.

It does sound, to me, as if you've reached a plateau and will just have to decrease calories (while still eating healthy) and increase the activity which if you are in the northern hemisphere...can be difficult this time of year.
There is a small shopping mall near me and when the weather is bad, folks use it like an indoor track and will be speed walking past.

They say the last 10 pounds is the hardest to lose! I am confused as well as to the math you provided. If you were pretty toned and fit at 160 and that is where you are today, I wonder how much more you are wanting to lose? It is difficult to say as well without knowing your height and frame.

Enjoy your baby and life. If you are happy and healthy and they are as well, that really is all that matters.

Good luck to you!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Maybe my math is off, but you're saying you lost 80 pounds... and you said you went from 160 to 240. So you actually did lose your baby weight. What am I missing?

Haha, I did the math too and came to the same confused conclusion as you.

Nevertheless, OP my best advice is to try low carb for a while. I had some stubborn weight (not baby related) and low-carb/keto plus yoga helped me to lose 30 lbs, when other attempts to tweak my diet were unsuccessful.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's difficult to get much straight exercise time in with little ones. Do what you can to turn stuff you normally do into exercise.

Also, a tip I've shared with many friends trying to lose weight that seems to work great: start the day of with a small cup of fruit juice, followed by a piece of fruit (anything - banana, apple, orange, doesn't matter.) Wait at least 20 minutes before having anything else. Even if you go the rest of the day eating what you normally would, your results will improve due to improved metabolism.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Wow! Thanks so much for your reply. It really helped me feel a lot better. Funny how you can get more support from a group of strangers than your own family.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I'll definitely try to work out a little more. I'm just finding it hard to balance it all with a little one now. I have to admit I rarely have energy anymore but I suppose I'll have to get used to it. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

I live in Canada in a small fishing village. We have things like Zumba and hot yoga but it's expensive. I have to admit that I'm a bit intimidated by exersizing in a gym setting.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I lost most of the weight but it doesn't look like it at all. The scale says I'm 170 so I was a bit off since I hadn't weighed myself for about a month. The last bit of weight is clinging to places that's all. Hope this clears up any confusion you may have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join