It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to Obama Or Obama To Trump--Who got/getting A Bigger Mess?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Bush had the 9/11 terrorist attacks to deal with. He was at the helm when the economy crashed in 2008, and started the bail outs to the banks and buying up assets to save the banks but let the little people go into foreclosure and loose their homes. Bush then handed this crap sandwich with no bread to Obama and must have thanked God he made it out of Washington.
Obama was handed a horrible economy, and businesses came running to the govt for loans/bail outs. He promised to get us out of the constant wars, and didn't. He also crafted TPP that is on hold. With $20 trillion in national debt, we are far from being on a solid footing. And job participation rates are dismal. It think Obama is going to run not walk out of Washington.

Bush gave Obama a real mess in with the mortgage meltdown.
Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008

U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson proposed a plan under which the U.S. Treasury would acquire up to $700 billion worth of mortgage-backed securities.[21] The plan was immediately backed by President George W. Bush and negotiations began with leaders in the U.S. Congress to draft appropriate legislation.

en.wikipedia.org...
Bush and war Iraqi, WMD's and lots of money spent in a desert. Bush spent 500 billion annually on the military, 200 Billion less that Obama.
www.cfr.org... www.thebalance.com...

On this day in 2003, the United States began Operation Iraqi Freedom. As the campaign unfolded, tens and thousands of our troops poured across the Iraqi border to liberate the Iraqi people and remove a regime that threatened free nations.

Five years into this battle, there is an understandable debate over whether the war was worth fighting, whether the fight is worth winning, and whether we can win it. The answers are clear to me: Removing Saddam Hussein from power was the right decision -- and this is a fight America can and must win.

Bush portion of the national debt

The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama’s three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency. The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency.
www.bing.com... 1C018

Obama to Trump-
Obama was handed a steaming pile for sure. My thoughts are Obama has kicked the can down the road, and Trump may very well have to deal with the mess these clowns have left for him.
Obama Added $7.917 Trillion to the National Debt, 68 Percent Spike
www.breitbart.com...

Obama and war spent 700 billion a year on the military 200 billion more than Bush. www.thebalance.com...
President Obama, who hoped to sow peace, instead led the nation in war

“Our systematic effort to dismantle terrorist organizations must continue,” he said in May 2013. “But this war, like all wars, must end. That’s what history advises. It’s what our democracy demands.”

But Obama leaves a very different legacy as he prepares to hand his commander-in-chief responsibilities to Donald Trump.

U.S. military forces have been at war for all eight years of Obama’s tenure, the first two-term president with that distinction. He launched airstrikes or military raids in at least seven countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan.
www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The people forced to pay for it. Whomever is in the White House has only their ego or "legacy" to lose. The rest of us feel the pinch on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Bush screwed it up, Obama devastated and burned it down!!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sadly the bad keeps getting worse, not better. We are in huge and I mean huge debt. When the interest rate goes up, we are boned.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
We are !
Once again.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Obama inherited a bigger "mess" from Bush, than Trump is inheriting from Obama.

OBAMA brought America back from the brink and is leaving a busty economy for the Donald.
edit on 1/16/2017 by carewemust because: FINALLY I CATCH A THREAD BEFORE IS GOES CRAZY OFF COURSE! YIPPIE.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

You are right. My thought is lets get it going, or better yet bust down the door of the Fed and get back on a standard that makes our money worth a salt.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think the can has been kicked down the road, look at the debt. If Obama and our stellar elected officials wouldn't have spent out kids and grand kids wealth, where would we be?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Trump backs a fed audit-and a asset based dollar. Now what does that really mean?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The signal coming from my tinfoil hat says that it might make Trump very wealthy on top of whatever wealth he has now.

Pragmatically, It would almost guarantee a rate hike but hopefully not to the severe cost to the American people. (doubtful) Ergo, hyperinflation.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Obama inherited the bigger mess.

Whoever comes after Trump may inherit the biggest ever. By the time Trump is done cozying up to Russia, the entire Western alliance may be in shambles.
edit on 16-1-2017 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Hopefully Trump can reverse than trend, while simultaneously bringing increased prosperity. A tall order, but if anyone can do it, Donald Trump can.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Trump's inheriting decades of globalist agenda.... Bush1 Clinton Bush2 Obama...

so yeah.. I think Trump is inheriting the worst.....

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Trump has got a Trojan horse in the debt that very well could pop.The Bush/Obama brain trust have kicked the can down the road. But sooner or later that bill will come due. Leading to what, more than likely a world war.

Our countries true poverty has been masked by abusing our global reserve currency status.

Lots of $ in war.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Trump backs a fed audit-and a asset based dollar. Now what does that really mean?

I hope his backup is at least an MRAV. He may need it.

With the additional proposed tax schedule, it could mean stocks
are going to devalue BIG-time.
Second, even if Janet Yellin gets second hand word the Fed's going to get
audited, her taking a rolling pin out on the president will be peanuts com-
pared to the Bernanke-ism that would follow. If you'll remember the paraphrase,
"Don't even go there or bad things will happen."

That one sounds even more ominous than Sen. Schumer telling him
in no uncertain-- the six ways from Sunday the intel community can
get back at him.
Of course, with Trump Pluto is in Capricorn for the first time since
1776... and he'll be 70 years, seven months and seven days old on
Friday. Occult DIS, monster wanna-be's. Protected by the dark angel
and a craploada bikers... bring it off.
And the previous two little factoids still mean to me approximately:NOTHING

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You think? just wait til Trump takes office..... the Stock market is going to take a free fall from the speculative bubble of optimism...

The Trump Bump in the market is nothing more than a statistic that will go down in history as how Obama left office...

If you can move your assets, me.. have Gov't retirement that I can move around, I would move to more secure area...

Just sayin.... nothing like a hammer to hit Trump once he takes office....

YMMV

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Speculators are just waiting for Trump to take over and trash any restrictions. The price of oil per barrel will double

Gas will be over $4.00, groceries will almost double, inflation will skyrocket.

It's a gold mine for the savy futures investor; a bit risky but best to have a plan B incase of another recession.

Trump talked big, let's see if it was just BS. I don't think big tax breaks for the wealthy and "trickle down" economics will work like he proposes.

I don't care what he does; blessed to have options.... options will be the key to success.
edit on 16-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Here we go, the talking points are being carefully laid out, we know Trump is gonna fk-up look at the folks he is appointing, so with that said, when these guys finished looting the national treasury and crash the economy...it's gonna be thanks Obama.
Seriously are you guys not paying attention to who his picks are and their histories, yes Obama picked a lot of banksters, and could have done more for the common man, but Trump is on another level.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Regardless of the Scorched Earth situation that Obama is leaving for Trump, the IMF (International Monetary Fund) is now predicting FASTER GROWTH for the USA, citing Donald Trump as the reason for an upgrade of their projection.

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are raining on their parade. Leave the "truth" for the media to spoon feed'em.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join