It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Essence Of Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm glad you decided to share ,are you going to write more soon? i'm looking
forward to it

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladystar

How sweet! I posted some links to other poems/prose or whatever you want to call it. Go to page two of this thread, I think the 6th post down is where I left the links. I do story writing in the shed, The Shed 13 now. Though it is mostly chit chat in there, we do have writers that will make story entries in there. We write in a different colored font in there so people can find the stories better.

Thank you so much for your kind words!!!! Love your avatar! Our posting names are similar.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thank you ! i'am going to check the links out now,i Love your Avatar to

it's really cool.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I just finish reading,they were lovely and well written poems,With Wings of Love, it
was so beautiful and Heart warming put a smile on my face
i Love that one!
thank you again for sharing! next time i login will check out the shed

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ladystar

Awwww, thank you! We are at the shed 13 but we are up to page 110 in there right now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I am still reeling; I had to read that half a dozen times. Star? What music were you listening to? Because this is just the most beautiful thing I have ever seen or read before. Each one of those words hit me directly, thank you So much for this. So much love in those lines... I felt it.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I am honored coming from a great writer such as yourself! Thank you sooo much! What music was I listening to at the time? I will get back to you on that. I have a busy day ahead of me later today and I am up way too early. There are wonderful instrumentals on youtube that I find inspiring. For now, I'm going to try to get more rest. Meet you by the log in the forest later. LOL

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

*Looks behind him jokingly* I think I've still got quite a ways to go before I'd call myself a great writer, haha, but thank you for that. Really, though, it was my pleasure- I needed this. Rest well, I'll be waiting!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I haven't forgotten you! I have to go hunt down some music for you. You may or may not like them, but you can find almost anything on youtube.

This one was great for dark and mysterious, brooding, sorrowful, deep and emotional even epic battle scenes. There are two hours in this vid. Just skip through to find something that might inspire you.

Something soft and emotional...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Came back to share one more. For those who need a little inspirational music when they write.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I've only seen part of the first one but I love it! 44:00- 49:30 especially o.O
I can already tell I'm going to treasure these, thanks!!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I know, awesome aren't they? Can't wait for you to hear all of them. They truly are inspiring!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

That bit I mentioned earlier already spawned a little something haha

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I had a feeling you would be inspired. Can't wait to see what you write!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I usually tend towards lighter and more uplifting stuff, or at the very least engaging. Instrumental stuff as well, but it typically tends torwards repeating the heavy themes. I try to listen to stuff that strikes a note of urgency, I guess.

At least this first one you've shown me, here, it feels dark, for the most part. Still, it does appeal to my creative sense in a different way. It's, turbulent.

Reminds of when you said sometimes tour best stuff was when you weren't feeling happy, like at those times I think it's all the more important to try and be creative.
edit on 5-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: Couldnt figure out embed

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Wow. I listened to the second two, those are stunning!
Got a handful of beginnings already, haha.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Reminds of when you said sometimes your best stuff was when you weren't feeling happy, like at those times I think it's all the more important to try and be creative.

It's like the music intensifies emotions and they can't help but to be expressed. It may start with a simple yet profound thought and you write a line. The next thing you know, words are flowing like a river.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Wow. I listened to the second two, those are stunning!
Got a handful of beginnings already, haha.

I was quite confident that you would. The composers have many other videos on their channels and there are other composers who are great as well

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That's pretty much how Fires was born, I was listening to my usual music and the title popped into my head and I wrote it down and the storyline poured through. It's actually pretty cool the way I've worked on the story, both 'chapters' I've got, the one I posted and the one I'm working on, I didn't even know I was working on them until I got done with the blurb and was like well okay I'm here let's go. Kinda like it just snuck up on me and was like 'hey!' which is cool because I need that sometimes.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I know, I was quite confident as well just from the pictures and names haha. The river one is my favourite I think. I'll definitely have to search out their other stuff!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join