It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to delete uploaded content?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Please forgive my simplicity.
But is it possible to delete uploaded files (pics, etc.) from our delightful "public cloud" feature with out selecting one at time?
I have collected so many. Can't I just "sweep" the whole content?
Thank you. WIS
edit on 16-1-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Word

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I tried to figure it out once and couldn't. Maybe a PM to Schuyler, or better yet, a note to 12m8keall2c or Majic.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thank you I will consider that.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My technology-challenged opinion is one at a time is the only way to do it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Please forgive my simplicity.
But is it possible to delete uploaded files (pics, etc.) from our delightful "public cloud" feature with out selecting one at time?
I have collected so many. Can't I just "sweep" the whole content?
Thank you. WIS
If you're using your uploaded images in your posts like I do, then deleting them will adversely affect your posts. If I refer to an image in my post then delete the image, someone reading the post will wonder what image the post is referring to. Something to keep in mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sorry I can't help. I didn't even know you can delete pics at all. I really want to get rid of a few.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

If you're using your uploaded images in your posts like I do, then deleting them will adversely affect your posts.

Thanks for the input. I just tried that several times and the picture remains in the post. So that is not a problem.

The only problem is I have too many pictures in my "cloud" and it take an eternity to delete them one at a time.
Thanks Guys.

edit on 17-1-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Words Words Words

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If you're using your uploaded images in your posts like I do, then deleting them will adversely affect your posts.

Thanks for the input. I just tried that several times and the picture remains in the post. So that is not a problem.
Are you sure it didn't show up because the picture was still in your browser cache? If deleting the pic doesn't really delete it then I have a problem with that, so I'll test it here. Below I posted a small NASA pic somewhat like my avatar. Later I'll delete it and see if it still shows up after I clear my cache.

edit on 2017117 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
OMG. You are right. They didn't vanish immediately but today they are gone.
Can I get around that in the future by uploading from an external source?
What a mess.
Thank you for telling me.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Wear them like a badge of honor. You have survived here since 2005 and still posting.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

OMG. You are right. They didn't vanish immediately but today they are gone.
Can I get around that in the future by uploading from an external source?
What a mess.
Thank you for telling me.
You're welcome. So maybe it's a good thing they can only be deleted one at a time so people don't accidentally remove the pics from too many of their posts at once.

Whether you upload on ATS or on another image host, if you link to the pics in your post and then delete them later you'll have the same problem, the pics will vanish from your post. One reason I prefer ATS is they seem to more reliably retain the photos over time so your posts still make sense years later.

If you look at a thread like the "Pictures from Inside Groom Lake" thread where people posted what were probably some great photos, the pics that people uploaded to other image hosts are gone, which really disappoints me since I wish I could see them. So that's something to consider if you use an image host other than ATS. Check out the second post of this thread by iksmodnad and notice all the pics that are gone because he used another host:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Zipdot
Cool pics, iksmodnad!
Too bad I can't see the cool pics!

That's just one example but there are lots of great pics missing from that thread where people didn't use ATS, though I'm not sure exactly when ATS started their image hosting but I know they did it at least since i joined in 2009.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time. That is so kind of you.
If I can figure out how to upload from pics stored on my computer I should be safe? Right?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time. That is so kind of you.
If I can figure out how to upload from pics stored on my computer I should be safe? Right?
Sorry, I don't understand the question. I thought you already figured out how to upload pics stored on your computer to ATS and those ATS copies are what you asked about deleting?

As far as being safe, I remember doing a search for websites where I could upload some files to a host so I could share them. Some of those sites tried to infect my computer with malware so be careful. I think there was a case years ago where ATS had one of their advertisers injecting malicious ads and if I recall correctly ATS started paying some service extra money each month to make sure that didn't happen again and as far as I know hasn't happened again since, so ATS is probably one of the safer places to upload your images these days. There are other safe places too but also some dangerous sites so be careful. Here's a site I've used before to get another opinion on the safety of a website though I wouldn't rely on this 100%, it's just another opinion:

safeweb.norton.com...

It reports abovetopsecret.com as safe and I agree with that.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand the question. I thought you already figured out how to upload pics stored on your computer to ATS and those ATS copies are what you asked about deleting?

Correct, I should rephrase that.
I will move the question to another forum since it is off topic for this inquiry.

So confusing.
And thanks again.

top topics

join