It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is working.......It is working so very well!~!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's been a daily bombardment of mud for well over a year now here on ATS. Myself included in the slinging and catching. The funny...and a bit sad part is I know as most of you well know that this is all by design. We are here and possibly on our social media feeds bickering back and fourth over the who and what will entail the next "leadership" of our country. Some of you have even shared posts about turmoil within your own family ranks over this past election.

Here is a random poll (because we all know those can't be wrong!
)

More than half — 51% — of Americans surveyed disapprove of Trump’s handling of his transition, an increase in disapproval compared to a November Quinnipiac poll, when 46% disapproved of his transition handling. Meanwhile, the number of Americans calling him honest has decreased to 39% down from 42% in the November survey.

If you gloss over random support or disapproval for the incoming regime, you will notice very similar numbers. Split it down the middle. It's going to soon come time where we all will need to face the bitter reality.

WE ARE BEING DIVIDED

The more we play into the fear, the more we spread around bias or even "fake" news; we continue to add to this.

If there is to be an U.S. (Us) vs them, we damn sure better find that common ground that unites us.

wtvr.com...
edit on 16-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The Man hasen't even been Sworn In Yet , and the Liberal Media is Working Overtime to somehow Destroy his Presidency before it is even started because they have an Irrational Obscession about what they ASSume he will do when in Office . The Word " Unfair " comes to mind in my Opinion here .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No, he has yet to be sworn in. To that, he has yet to function in a public servant capacity also. More to my point is that the media regardless of bias makes its fortunes by keeping this up.

Quick question to ponder. Would a truly unbias news agency survive in the current media economic climate?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

lol!

"The Man hasen't even been Sworn In Yet , and HE ALONE is Working Overtime to somehow Destroy his OWN Presidency before it is even started because HE HAS an Irrational Obscession about what HE ASSume he will do when in Office . The Word "MEGLOMANIC " comes to mind in my Opinion here .

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously, I meant this to be funny. No offense.

edit on 1/16/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don`t even click on most of the political threads anymore, anything worthwhile that can be said about the election has already been said now it`s just a pissing contest,
"my candidate would have been a better president than your candidate will be"

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

This all started over little hands .I bet they wished they could go back and edit that one out .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I think it started with the term "ad revenue."

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I showed up a day late when it was all about the hands

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

" Quick question to ponder. Would a truly unbias news agency survive in the current media economic climate? "

No , it would be Ignored by Any Brain Dead Person which there are Many in this Country Today . There's the Rub , the Masses are so used to the Lies , the Truth would put them All in Denial Mode Unfortunately .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I agree it has worked, we are divided. I don't believe there is any coming back from it now.

Most people are blasted by obvious and subliminal propaganda the majority of their day, and that is not going to stop.

The only way we are going to come together now is through a planned event IMHO.

Some 'catastrophe' that totally changes our paradigm and enables 'them' to implement total control.

We will welcome our enslavement because we will be promised peace and security.

But I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist, what do I know...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I agree. Therein lies the problem that needs a solution.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I see it that same way. Something that will galvanize the masses and anyone that does not fall into that line of thinking will be labeled a terrorist and subject to the many MANY laws and stigmas associated with that label over the last 16 years.

Our time is running out and the train is speeding up.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Our time is running out and the train is speeding up.

Agreed, sadly.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I get mocked every time I bring it up, but a civil war is coming.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I get mocked every time

I know DB...I know.

Oh, wait you probably meant exactly what you said!

I get mocked every time I bring it up, but a civil war is coming.

You know, I tend to agree as well but I'm slowly backing away from this thought. The way I see it happening is a hostile takeover under the guise of something akin to "war on terror." Perhaps labeled as a small rebellion by the time it happens.

It would take something major to dissuade millions of Americans that the government is on their side or as Stosh put it, some planned event.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Just look at media and schools portraying freedom as something dangerous and something to be avoided.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yes! I'm so glad to see that people are waking up to what's going on and has been going on for years now, decades even.

The media's sole purpose is to report on highly divisive topics incessantly until there is a huge gaping hole between the people so that no compromise can be made or common ground found, effectively dividing us and nourishing negative energy that in turn fuels violence and war on a worldwide stage.

A person is smart but people are dumb. Social media fuels this system as well, becoming echo chambers for those who hold strong biases.

You are 100% right. S&F
edit on 1/16/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Free thought is certainly frowned upon in the education system. Even the exploring the hows and whys behind the reasoning of that thought is something they would rather pass on. I've seen it first hand as I'm sure you as a parent have as well.

I can't imagine how this could possibly transfer into the working world. Now I've never had a white collar job, but parroted talking points is a sure fire way to be stuck on the bottom in the blue collar working sphere. Free thought and innovation is the key to success. I'd like to think that transfers well into the white collar world as well.

So what would the purpose be. Keep youth from obtaining gainful employment whilst keeping them bitter?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

As I mentioned in the OP, I've known. I believe many here also know and that's a good indication is the whole fact that they are here on ATS.

So perhaps a bigger question would be, what is it this time that has everyone pushing further into bias? I'm willing to bet we all have much more in common with eachother than we do with political rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI WE HAVE HAD THOSE BEFORE AND THEY SUCK,,Obama was a senator for a minute and a community organizer,,WTF ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join