It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Alligator Strolls Casually Past Florida Tourists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Nope, nope, nope. Just no. Why would you live where dinosaurs live???

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a real video, even though there's always a chance these days it could have been faked. It looks pretty similar to the "golf course gator". The more and more people coming into contact with these animals the more used to them the alligators become. On top of that the alligators, and the numerous species of animals dumped by people apparently never stops the masses wanting to move to the state.

Before I left So FL, homes were already built up to the everglades and protected park areas, couldn't go any further. Seeing gators wasn't exactly rare, especially if you lived on a lake connected to the everglades through the canals. I can imagine the sightings in more city areas are even more common now. In some of the county parks it wasn't uncommon for some to feed the baby alligators. The adult ones wouldn't bother you unless you would agitate them.
edit on 16-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: paragraph

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Now that's big ... I'm glad I'm in England where the deadliest animal in my area is the local angry badger
edit on 17-1-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

yeah - the " american way "

find the largest alligator on record , kill it , moneytorise it

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I saw it on the news this evening. I think it's real.
I saw a picture of a 15 footer hanging in a gas station in north Carolina. It was taken on a bridge right outside the door.
They named him but I couldn't tell you what it was. When I went outside again I walked over to the bridge and the stream it was crossing. No gator in sight. Thank god. But I realized that the gator spanned two lanes of the road.
The biggest I ever saw in the wild was about four feet. Still I gave it a wide berth.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I have doubts killing these animals.

If they eat people, fine.

Imagine what's out there.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Yeah, them suckers move. When I lived down there we had a pet gator in the pond behind the house. Three-legged about 5' long, called it dino. We would get too close and out of nowhere the thing wiggled that tail and three legs or not you better haul ass.

After the "storm of the century" all the roads and ponds flooded. We got the courage to swim across the big ponds. Not one of my brighter moments. We would see gators all the time. Kids.
edit on 17-1-2017 by VinylTyrant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join