It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Voter Apathy Elected Trump, Not A Silent Majority

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The statement is technically true, but it's misleading and therefore dishonest. It's like saying that the highest grossing movie of all time is a recent one which made X amount of dollars when in reality it was a movie made thirty years ago (or whatnot) because in order to be accurate one needs to compare and contrast between the two the viewership in relation to population, dollar amounts spent and its buying power between then and now.
edit on 16-1-2017 by dovdov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

People are freaking out about Trump because they have NO clue what a real crisis is or how to deal with not getting their way.

Take a month in Syria and if you get back I bet you will have a whole new outlook on just how 'terrifying' these election results truly are.
edit on 1 16 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Considering less voters turned out in 2012 than in 2008... I think the voter apathy argument could be applied to Obama more than anyone else.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

What is your view regarding the fear that so many are experiencing? What I mean to say is, does it matter that so many are scared, or is it irrelevant? Whether the fears are justified or not I think the article makes a good point that it's still there and needs to be addressed. Do you believe that Trump is being misrepresented and that all of the fears are not going to pan out? (such as Trump will NOT eliminate human rights, will NOT destroy social security, will NOT increase American agression, etc...). I am one of those who am scared that he will, but would love to be proven wrong. I am mature enough to change my position if Trump turns out to be a great President. In fact if he did I'd vote for him in 2020. But at the moment having a person in the White House who doesn't care for the poor and middle class is something that scares me. If you think I'm wrong then set me straight with facts that are referenced to unbiased third-party sources (because I don't like to read anything which is slanted to a political ideology regardless if it is rightist or leftist - facts are important not ideology).

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yes, but percentage-wise of available voters -- how does that stack up? There are more people able to vote now in 2016 than in 2008. The USA's population has increased. More people are eligible to vote.

But the numbers prove it...you should take your concerns up with - I dont know - stray cats if they'll listen?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The mainstream media is deceptive about many things, but they are not covering the raw data. As a result there are many Trump supporters who mistakenly believe that he won by a huge national majority (which isn't correct) and there are many non-supporters who are stunned because they believe that America has been overrun by racists, misogynists, skinheads, Randists, and people who want to strengthen the rich and destroy the poor. Everybody needs accurate data.

If that was a concern (accurate data) they would have been marching on the White House for the deaths of their children in Iraq when the truth about the case of WMD's and all that Nigerian yellowcake started to be revealed.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hahahahahaahahahhhaaa.

You're using a blog posted by a person who goes by the name "shipoopi"

edit on 16-1-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The statement is technically true, but it's misleading and therefore dishonest

well by your own words....whatever....here's a thought...why dont you grab some of your own $'s and start a Supreme Court challenge to the result...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Got any proof that 60 million voters said all this ?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Got any proof of the "fear" you talk about ?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov

Trump won because most people didn't even vote.

No proof of that anywhere is there.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thanks for the idea . Haven't listened to them in awhile

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

To be honest I think it would be a total waste of my time to really debate this with you. ETA: Don't take that personal please. I feel like that most of the time on ATS and IRL.

You can choose to live in fear and let that consume your life or you can choose to deal with life and get on with it.

If Hillary won I would not be sitting in a corner hugging myself and having a panic attack.

It would be life as normal for me, work, be with wife and kids, pay bills...........

We have no REAL power anyways, what good is your hand wringing over the election going to do you?

In the end it makes no real difference to us peasants who won.

Pick yourself up, take a deep breath and say # it. I wont let all this propaganda being shoved down my throat bother me.

Turn off the TV, log off the internet, and go about your life. The ONLY thing you do have control over.
edit on 1 16 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It`s easy to be apathetic about voting when the media keeps telling you that your candidate has a huge lead and is a sure thing to win.

we all know what the media was trying to do but it backfired on them and their candidate.
all those fake polls the media kept posting showing Hillary ahead was meant to discourage Trump voters so they wouldn`t vote,since trump was going to lose anyway.
Those fake polls made the Hillary supporters apathetic they figured why should I go out and vote, and risk getting mugged or shot on my way to the polling place, when Hillary is going to win even without my vote.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Pure BS , and you Know where you can Put the Data , where the Sun don't Shine . The Majority of the American People do not Fall for the Liberal Propaganda in Politics , they Saw what America has become with THEM in Power in the Last 8 Years and Acted Accordingly . Enough of that Sheeit .

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I didn't vote because of my apathy regarding the fixed two party system.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Russians, FBI conspiracy, apathy...Sooner or later they are going to find something that sticks.

There has to be some explanation other than Trump legitimately defeated Hillary Clinton

Has to be.

edit on 16-1-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

hahaha

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

SoOo... since someone likes numbers....

33% of eligible voters got Obama in office in 2008.

27% of eligible voters voted for him again in 2012.

And we're talking eligible voters as a percentage. We're not going to talk about how Democrats REALLY vote.. like vote early, vote often, vote if you're dead and the illegal vote (immigrants AND felons) and the MASSIVE voter fraud that's just fine with Liberals. Because the ends justify the means, you see...

So if you're trying to make a point I guess I'm missing it.

Linking DailyKos as a reference to prove a point is also facepalm worthy. Not that THEY'RE biased at all... LOL.

So no flags, no stars, sorry you're butthurt and I wish you luck on your journey in life.

edit on 21Mon, 16 Jan 2017 21:23:13 -0600America/Chicago17th2017-01-16T21:23:13-06:00pmMondayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: to add an "s"

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

SoOo... since someone like numbers....

33% of eligible voters got Obama in office in 2008.

27% of eligible voters voted for him again in 2012.

The sum of all fears right there !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join