It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Voter Apathy Elected Trump, Not A Silent Majority

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The 2016 Presidential election was certainly historic in many ways. The win by Donald Trump was unexpected by many, and certainly feared by many more.

As soon as Mr. Trump won the election a constant theme began to be repeated by his supporters: The "Trump Train" won the day due to a silent majority which ran down all of the competition, and that Mr. Trump now clearly has a national mandate to implement his policies and ideas over the next four years. This claim is disinformation. It is not backed up by hard data.

When all of the data is collected it shows that on a national level Mr. Trump only received 27% of the national vote. The other 73% either didn't vote, or voted for a different candidate.

A recent article which I read gives all of the relevant data and I was stunned by it. Although the website is generally one visited by liberals, the article itself is something that I have not seen in the mainstream press. With only 27% of the nation behind Mr. Trump's policies I can know understand why everybody I talk to is scared poopless about this man becoming POTUS.

This data seems so important that it shouldn't be hidden. The mainstream media is mostly hostile to Mr. Trump, so why aren't they covering the story? Here is the link: www.dailykos.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You sure it wasnt the bajillion or so noncitizen voters in "refuge cities"

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

Voter apathy? That makes no sense.

If all these people are so pissing their collective pants with fear 4 days before Trump's inauguration, where were they on November 8 when they could have been voting against him?

I say these figures are more lib BS aimed at delegitimizing Trump's presidency.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I can know understand why everybody I talk to is scared poopless about this man becoming POTUS.

Feel better?
edit on 1 16 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dovdov
With only 27% of the nation behind Mr. Trump's policies I can know understand why everybody I talk to is scared poopless about this man becoming POTUS.

You are twisting the numbers.
You think just because someone didn't vote that automatically means they oppose Trump.
No they are scared "poopless" because of the media.
They have been manipulated and brainwashed by a media that is no longer bound by laws that prevent government sanctioned propaganda.

This is what happens when you have half a nation that only pays attention to politics every 4 years and football and dancing with the stars the rest of the time.
edit on 16-1-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

But how is hard data bs? Regardless of whether someone is liberal, conservative, libertarian, or whatever ideology, 2 plus 2 always equals 4. Neither Clinton nor Trump received a majority of national support. Most people who didn't vote believed that Clinton was going to win and that Trump didn't have a chance. All of the polling data showed that, and was representative of the national view at the time. (a sort of national snapshot). Trump won because most people didn't even vote. That's been a terrible trend for many years, but certainly reached its peak with the 2016 election.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

No, it means they didn't support anybody, not only Trump. Nobody motivated the country. You can't twist numbers. Facts are facts. A person's ideology should never cloud the analysis of hard data.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Cry me a river liberals...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'd prefer an intelligent response rather than an easy to make unintelligent one. You didn't even look at the data. I was not a fan of Obama, nor of Hillary Clinton. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Trump won because most people didn't even vote. That's been a terrible trend for many years, but certainly reached its peak with the 2016 election.

It HAS been the same for most elections in recent history.

People need to put their big boy pants on, deal with it and move on.

Unless threads like this are therapeutic for you in dealing with your grief, then carry on.

link   
The 2016 election had the highest voter turnout in US history... doesn't seem very apathetic to me.

Americans beat voter turnout record — here's how 2016 compares with past elections

Nearly 139 million Americans voted this year, according to the United States Elections Project. This sets a new overall record, surpassing the all-time high of 132 million Americans who voted in the 2008 contest between Barack Obama and John McCain.

link   

a reply to: Christosterone

I'd prefer an intelligent response rather than an easy to make unintelligent one. You didn't even look at the data. I was not a fan of Obama, nor of Hillary Clinton. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

Oh, you're a Bernie supporter… Let me rephrase then..

Cry me a river Communist…

edit on 16-1-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The 2016 election had the highest voter turnout in US history... doesn't seem very apathetic to me.

Americans beat voter turnout record — here's how 2016 compares with past elections

Nearly 139 million Americans voted this year, according to the United States Elections Project. This sets a new overall record, surpassing the all-time high of 132 million Americans who voted in the 2008 contest between Barack Obama and John McCain.

Yes, but percentage-wise of available voters -- how does that stack up?

There are more people able to vote now in 2016 than in 2008. The USA's population has increased. More people are eligible to vote.

You fail to take that into consideration.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I can know understand why everybody I talk to is scared poopless about this man becoming POTUS.

Feel better?

Why do I hear every post you make in Clint Eastwood's voice? LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You didn't even look at the data.

....but but.....noone wants to look at your data, nerd.....Trump is president get over it Commander Data.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

No, just trying to inspire an intelligent discussion and debate about a very important event in American and world history. A dangerous man has entered the White House and most of the country are stifled with fear. So many people are not sure of what to do because they BELIEVE that the country is about to self-destruct. Like the guy who wrote the article says it doesn't matter if it's true or not what matters is that people believe it and it's affecting their lives. The mainstream media is deceptive about many things, but they are not covering the raw data. As a result there are many Trump supporters who mistakenly believe that he won by a huge national majority (which isn't correct) and there are many non-supporters who are stunned because they believe that America has been overrun by racists, misogynists, skinheads, Randists, and people who want to strengthen the rich and destroy the poor. Everybody needs accurate data.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

No matter which way you try to spin it, 2016 had 7 million more voters than the previously held record in 2008. That's an 18% increase in just 8 years.

By your logic voter apathy is what got Obama re-elected in 2012.

edit on 16-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

a reply to: JAY1980

No, it means they didn't support anybody, not only Trump. Nobody motivated the country. You can't twist numbers. Facts are facts. A person's ideology should never cloud the analysis of hard data.

You are right, my husband didn't want to waste his time to go and vote. He actually is glad that he didn't since he was considering at election time just voting for Hillary. Not because he liked her, but because Trump was an unknown. My husband is not into conspiracies. He only follows the MSM. He would only listen to me if I could locate a 'real news' to confirm it.

Sigh.

Since Trump was elected, he has been increasingly liking Trump. He has begun to open his eyes more and expand. I can't help but believe that he is not the only one.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Trump won 2700+ more counties than Clinton.

If we allowed the popular vote to decide our president then NY & CA would determine our president every time.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was going to change it after the election was over but with all the post election crap going on it still fits my mood.

I honestly don't know now if I will ever be able to change it.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join