It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Istanbul nightclub attacker 'arrested'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The man suspected of carrying out the New Year's Day shooting at an Istanbul nightclub has been arrested, according to local media.

Abdulkadir Masharipov was caught by police officers in the Turkish capital's Esenyurt district, Hurriyet reports.

Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack at Reina club, which left 39 dead and 69 wounded.

Istanbul nightclub attacker 'arrested'

The Turkish are reporting that the scumbag responsible for the cowardly attack on an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Eve has been caught in a district of Istanbul.

I am slightly surprised he stuck around to be honest, I thought he may have smuggled himself into Syria, to join his delusional clan.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out though. No doubt it will transpire that he was a lone wolf who had become radicalised over the last few months. The way his wife was talking, she claimed she didn't know he had become radicalised, but time will tell.

Glad they got him regardless, I'm sure he will be tripping down a few stairs over the next few weeks.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Probably fake...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That's one person you wouldn't want to be right now.

Hope he gets what he deserves.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Put you in a worse position
Than a Turkish prison - Vinnie Paz

He's majorly F'd.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Hurriyet reports

Anybody see the original source ?

Just checking.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hurriyet reports

Anybody see the original source ?

Just checking.

This looks like their Twitter account. They have posted a photo of the guy, but he looks pretty busted up.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Jedi Mind Tricks, love it!

I had no idea the death toll was so high for that attack... one man did all that?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Realllllly even the dumbest operative wouldn't stay in town

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Realllllly even the dumbest operative wouldn't stay in town

I concur, it makes you want to stop, hey what's that sound, everybody look what's going down.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
He's majorly F'd.

Yep. Doesn't matter if he did it or not. I would not want to be in his shoes.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Bummer... no death penalty in Turkey.....

en.wikipedia.org...

Alternatives[edit] The death sentence was replaced by aggravated life imprisonment (ağırlaştırılmış müebbet hapis cezası). According to Article 9 of Law 5275 on the Execution of Sentences[6] these prisoners are held in individual cells in high security prisons and are allowed to exercise in a neighbouring yard one hour per day.[citation needed]

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Heres hoping they beat him to death with a sock of nickles....... shekels whatever they got

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It does make you wonder

en.wikipedia.org...

A gunman opened fire in the nightclub at about 01:15. He reportedly carried an AK-47 rifle and, after killing a police officer and a bystander at the entrance, he entered the club shooting.[6][7][8] The attacker reportedly spoke Arabic as the attack was taking place,[9] and shouted the Arabic phrase "Allāhu akbar" during the attack.[10][11][12]

He reportedly fired more than 180 rounds during the seven minute attack, and used stun grenades to aid in reloading.[13] After the assault, he went into the kitchen, changed his clothes and escaped by blending in with the crowd.[14] Although initial eyewitness testimonies reported by the Turkish media described up to three attackers, the police insist that they are only on the lookout for one.

Police stormed the building,[15][16] but Turkish authorities state that the attacker is still at large, with a manhunt underway.[17] Authorities had earlier claimed that one gunman entered the nightclub and was later killed by the police.[16] The attacker left the weapon at the scene.[17]

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Read somewhere he's a Chinese.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Lira.

Sock'o'Lira.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Bummer... no death penalty in Turkey.....

en.wikipedia.org...

Alternatives[edit] The death sentence was replaced by aggravated life imprisonment (ağırlaştırılmış müebbet hapis cezası). According to Article 9 of Law 5275 on the Execution of Sentences[6] these prisoners are held in individual cells in high security prisons and are allowed to exercise in a neighbouring yard one hour per day.[citation needed]

All because they want to join the E.U. They were told that they would never have a chance of joining as long as they had the death penalty. Still, life will probably mean life, unlike here in the U.K.

The European Courts have ensured that anyone being convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment, must have a light at the end of the tunnel and therefore must be given a parole date. They are human after all, so they have rights which must be respected.

I am all for human rights, but if you forget your responsibilities to such an extent that you take someone's life, then you do not deserve the privilege of freedom ever again.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Lira.

Sock'o'Lira.

You'll get a lot of coinage for your dollar.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would say it is not that odd that he did stick around TBH,

Crime ridden Muslim Ghettos hide their own very well, I would be very surprised if he was roaming around a suburb eating McDonalds everyday.. The claimed area he was caught Esenyurt district is a crime ridden #e hole. These tactics have been shown a few times in the Belgium ghettos, also everyone including the massive minds on ATS would say he would do a runner to the border but hey the little f#cker was free for a few weeks. My guess maybe was he thought he would have been killed far earlier anyway???...

I do agree that this may well be portrayed as a Lone Wolf lunatic that was deluded and had sweet FA to do with anything that goes against the current MSM rhetoric, but who knows???...

RA

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Although initial eyewitness testimonies reported by the Turkish media described up to three attackers, the police insist that they are only on the lookout for one.

That sounds like similar reports from the Dallas police shootings... Sandy Hook... and potentially the Pulse nightclub shooting as well?

Not a surprise, not one bit. Yet we are always supposed to accept the "official story" and if we don't we are crazies who need to be shunned by society. Disgusting state of affairs.

top topics

join