It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump HHS nominee invested in medical device manufacturer, then introduced bill to help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Tempter

Its entirely legal.
I notice folks dont respond to what I stated...its legal Drms Replicans and Indys all do it, some more than others. Do I like it? No they really need to bring civics back to schools.
Ill say it once more....ITS LEGAL

Legal and ethical are not always the same thing.

Well, it might not be. Knowing of a an impending deal and acting on it could be construed as insider trading, possibly.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
please dont use CNN FAKE NEWS to cite sources.........

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Right wingers just don't get it. Whether it be a right wing politician or a cult member that frequent this board, many of them feel that it is their god given right to be entitled. This is how crap like this occurs.

Whether it be GWB or Trump, this is why a right wing government is DOA.

I will continue to say this, it doesn't matter how many jobs return to the US. Most of these right wingers are completely un-employable due to this lack of accountability and entitlement. Who in their right minds want to hire these idiots? Even the productive republicans want nothing to do with these people.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Sadly in this case it just doesnt matter. I only use the Clinton foundation to show how common and grossly abused both sides take advantage of their positions.

This crap is rife within both parties, why isnt that the conversation rather than just evil republicans.

Folks on here just parrot one side or the others talking points perpatrating the dialectic being used to divide us while they continue to screw us...get it?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They can vote present if there's a conflict of interest

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Apparently CNN has been at it again. Maybe not "fake news", but a combination of shoddy journalism and selectivly choosing facts which distort the whole picture. Don't feel bad, you've been programmed to believe this stuff. It's no fault of yours.

"The Presidential Transition Team requests that CNN retract this blatantly false story," officials wrote in a letter circulated Tuesday evening that laid out additional details surrounding Price's introduction of healthcare legislation last year.

"The facts were available to CNN through House Financial Disclosure Filings. Mr. Price's position on the Comprehensive Joint Replacement demonstration, which date back to fall 2015, is also a matter of public record," the transition team's letter continued, referring to Price's work on the legislation he introduced shortly after his broker purchased the stocks in question.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Big government is only possible due to big money from multi-national corporations pouring into SuperPACs and re-election campaigns. When a politician spends 70% of their term in office raising money from Haliburton, Exxon ect -- that's a problem.

But, to people like Trump that sweet, sweet money buys influence. It's better to just point fingers at the politicians and not the puppet masters pulling the strings ... people like himself.

THIS! This is what I have been repeating here for years! In my view, the Government is not "big" in the sense of being powerful, in the US- it is the biotch of big corporations, that's all. They've been handed over by the people to the worship of big corporate entities.
We can see now where the power of the individual can be taken too far and become a destructive thing. Once corporate entities are considered individuals, you get this problem.
We once got to see, through the USSR, what happens when you go too far with the other side, now we all get to watch what happens when you go too far with this side. Just as the USSR is constantly pointed at as an example of why communism is a fail, the US will be pointed at for generations as an example of how capitalism is a fail.

That's my prediction, no dreams or channeling needed. Watch and see. I suspect that moderation is the only constructive answer (a balance of both - a government for "the people" , big enough to counter and balance the capitalist market).

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Stock isn't cash unless he sells the stock.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Tempter

Its entirely legal.
I notice folks dont respond to what I stated...its legal Drms Replicans and Indys all do it, some more than others. Do I like it? No they really need to bring civics back to schools.
Ill say it once more....ITS LEGAL

Legal and ethical are not always the same thing.

No kidding! We've been screaming that since the mandated health insurance "tax".

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I am sure that if this is unethical congress should act properly and do not appoint Tom Price to a position that will be advantageous to his donors.

Now, let talks about this company, this company spend $390,000 million dollars on campaign donations and not all the donations went to one candidate alone

The problem here is that this company is the leading manufacturer of health care products in the world.

They fall under "Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America" so while it only shows that it has donated $390,000 the total number under different partner groups can go as high as $500,00 millions

They have two bills introduced by their lobbyist in congress under the Patient health care improvements.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Friday, February 10, 2017

As with every other President Trump cabinet nominee, all the noise and millions of words debating their eligibility were just time wasters.

Excerpt from: www.foxnews.com...

The Senate early Friday morning confirmed President Trump’s pick to head the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

"Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., will likely be leaned on by the administration to undo many components of Obamacare.
It was the Senate's fourth consecutive contested vote for a Trump Cabinet secretary.

Partisan battles for Cabinet posts are usually rare, but the first weeks of Trump's presidency have seen little collegiality between the two sides.

Price is a veteran House member and orthopedic surgeon who Republicans call a knowledgeable pick for the job. Democrats say he's an ideologue whose policies would snatch care from many Americans."

Now..let's get that promise of ObamaCare Repeal/Replace moving forward ASAP... AS PROMISED.

-cwm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join