It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Mateen wife Noor Salman arrested over Orlando nightclub shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The wife of Omar Mateen, who carried out the worst mass shooting in American history, has been arrested.

A total of 49 people were killed and 53 injured in the attack at Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Flordia in June last year. Mateen was shot dead by police at the scene.

In the wake of the attack his wife Noor Salman told the FBI she had tried to stop Mateen from launching the attack.

Omar Mateen wife Noor Salman arrested over Orlando nightclub shooting

Since it hasn't been posted yet I thought I would.

Apologies if it's posted while I type this.

It's a hate crime and terrorism...

So she is likely in for a world of hurt.

Does the lone wolf theory go out the window now?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I think it's a crime not to report a crime you have knowledge of.

She admitted she tried to stop him.

But, she did not report him or his intentions to the police.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I think it's a crime not to report a crime you have knowledge of.

She admitted she tried to stop him.

But, she did not report him or his intentions to the police.

Didn't try hard enough, really.

And that's what she says, maybe she was more involved than just trying to stop him.
Maybe she goaded him into it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Personally, I think she made him feel funny about homosexuality.

Questioned his motives for visiting Gay Nightclubs and eventually he snapped to prove a point.

We shall see.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Salman was facing charges of aiding and abetting, and obstruction of justice

hmm.. it will be interesting to see how they proceed with this.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

When did she find out he was going to go on an all out assault? Days before? Hours? Minutes? What did she do to help prevent the attack? How certain was she that he was serious? I'm not certain if she was involved in the planning or carrying out of his plan. However if the answers to these questions do not reflect kindly on her, i would support prosecuting her. All she needed to do was make a call to the police to take the eye of blame off of her. It is pretty clearly stated in the law. It is a crime not to inform the authorities if you know of a crime committed or even someone's plan to commit one. It will be up to judge and jury whether she is criminally liable.

I am quite impressed with humanity's ability to live as civilly as we do nowadays. It used to be much harder to die of old age. We now have a fraction of the violence and murder that used to occur.

We will never have a world completely without murder or hate. All we can do is try to minimize harm and spread a msg of kindness. Even so, it is very important to call out those who would spread confusion and conflict. All she had to do was call.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Noor supposedly pledged allegiance to ISIS.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Noor supposedly pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Wasn't this one of those cases where the guy traveled to the ME and came home married?

If so, then the obvious possibility is that Noor Salman is some kind of "ISIS bride" who probably actively encouraged her husband to launch a jihad attack.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So Mateen's wife gets locked up. Good.

But then Mateen's father and his father's imam who openly called for gays to be exterminated (after the shooting) continue to walk free.

Justice?

Where?

And where are the SJWs openly criticizing Mateen's imam?

edit on 1/16/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

She was definitely involved. It's good to see she's finally been arrested. Took their time charging her.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

But then Mateen's father and his father's imam who openly called for gays to be exterminated (after the shooting) continue to walk free.

Justice?

Where?

Like they would ever condemn one of their own... the ctrl-left has some sort of sick fetish with supporting criminals.

edit on 16-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

the ctrl left has some sort of sick fetish with supporting criminals.

I see what you did there.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Justice?

Where?

The same reason the FBI or CIA aren't charged for their destruction of people just prior to the killings.

If we could prove planting thoughts into ones head was possible we'd all be under subpoena. Wait, we can?

I guess the only logical conclusion is some people are protected.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
what surely this can't be because i heard obama just a few weeks ago patting himself on the back because we had 0 terrorist attacks while he was in office. but seriously i am sure she was involved and should bear the full amount of judgement unless she can name others involved.

top topics

join