It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxfam Finds 8 Men Have as Much Wealth as Half of the World’s Population

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: Snarl

Meanwhile we put one of the 1% in The Whitehouse. Nice Job.

Half the World's population is in debt. I have more wealth than half the world's population by Oxfam's definition. And, I know I have exactly $50 cash in my wallet.

So basically you are saying this is a non issue and raising the middle finger to it.

Well, it's a matter of perspective. I kind'a expect that there are (and will always be) some stupid-wealthy people in the world.

I do so often wonder about the people with fortunes exceeding theirs we never hear about.

I do wonder about a guy like Zuckerberg amassing Billions and Billions and Billions in a short period of time, and he didn't really 'make' anything. Did those advertisers actually make that much money off their Facebook advertising. Is that even possible?

So, no, I don't consider it a non-issue. I see it the same way I often do. Same subject ... different perspective than yours.

Cheers,
Snarl

What do you mean Zuckerberg didn't "make anything"? Last i checked, Facebook is used by like a billion people. He made facebook. A billion people find using it valuable and thus why he is so wealthy.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Would it be a problem with anyone if one person controlled 99% of the world's wealth? How about 100%? What if he earned it?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington That's where the logic of strict capitalism breaks down. Morality isn't in the rules of the game.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
And it is also an indication that the poorest countries have the highest birth rates.

The stats will get worse and worse due to population growth in these areas of the world. Is oxfam saying these 8 rich people need to put their hands in their pockets and support these folks...or is it saying that governments need to look at actions which stop individuals being born into low education, poverty and misery?

Or is it just a headline grabbing stat that allows them to increase their donation account?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Those mega-rich only want one thing: more for them, and less for you.
They don't care about humanity, at all.
They don't give a flying fart about the starving and suffering masses.
Children without clean water. People suffering with pains, not able to afford medicine.

And it's not gonna get any better.
It's their game. It's stacked in their favor, and they're winning the whole thing.
You're only of use to them as long as you're a productive worker.

Every person could have clean water, gardens of food, healthcare, and solid shelter, for a very low cost.
Why don't they? Because the ones with the access to those funds, don't want them to. Simple as that.

Please stop encouraging these slime.
Reduce consumption. Get-out of debt. Don't vote for their puppets.
And for heaven's sake: stop fighting against each-other!!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
the list is only of interest by who is NOT on it

the few truly biblicly rich (we know who)
are strangely never on such lists

it is disgusting but i dont see it changing any time soon!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Meanwhile we put one of the 1% in The Whitehouse. Nice Job.

Do you have any idea the income you need to make to be part of the 1%?
Just over 300k a year.
That number drops to around 145k a year if you are under 31.
Reality slapping you yet?

I'd suspect almost every president in the last 40 years has been part of the 1%. But now of course you all take issue with it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The issue is obvious. You have to have blinders on not to see it. What happens when 8 people have all the wealth and the rest have nothing? We are already pretty damn close. Are you really ready to go back to the days of kneeling before your financial lords? I don't claim to have any solutions to the issue but I do believe we have passed the point where it can be solved painlessly.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

If you are smart enough to wield those figures then you are smart enough to know that "the 1%" is a misnomer and it is really meant to represent the small handful of people who hold the vast majority of the wealth of the true 1%. The 0.00023% just doesn't have the right ring to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join