It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The psychology of people who oppose freedom (i.e. SJWs).

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Pyle

Are you mad that Americans are exercising their First Amendment right in a way that you don't like? So what if the protest doesn't accomplish anything, but it's pretty damn un-American to tell them to shut up and take it just because you won. In America it is American to protest. Or have you forgotten? How about you sit back and just deal with it?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

As do some on the right..

For those who can't or won't watch youtube videos, that's Americans doing the Nazi salute.

edit on 17/1/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Also, discuss the topic...and not others.... Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So OP is proving people obsessed with Freedom are just whingers by... posting an epic whinge himself?

People who are obsessed with freedom are obsessed with freedom.

People who put them down are obsessed with curtailing freedom.

Why would OP and his brothers on the far-Right prefer imprisonment to freedom?

I personally prefer the right to think, speak, act as I wish. I prefer to have freedom. Mock me for being a 'SJW' if you will, but I'm not wrong to prefer freedom.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why are people still fighting over right vs left when both are authoritarian? It would be so much more productive to find common ground in libertarianism. But then again, you wouldn't be able to enforce your will on to other people with straw man arguments and cheap shots.
edit on 17-1-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
(post by stealthyaroura removed for political trolling, baiting and triggering)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: edward777

I am not discussing complaining or the like. More power to anyone who engages in discourse one way or another. What I do notice is that while right wingers may call a left winger an idiot the left winger seeks to make it illegal for anyone to call him an idiot.

I am beginning to think using the term "left wingers" doesn't really mean democrats or liberals - but of extremists?
Because I know a lot of people who are democrats and liberals, and yet they value (and use) free speech.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

If freedom is denied its a very personal problem, and the deniers can end up the slaves, that's the luck of the draw if its allowed. I came across this article which seems to be ignored by mainstream media, about slavery in Britain. vmadworldnews.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How vain of you.. like the merit of an opinion is based on its uniqueness? Excuse me? What?

So.. what.. you hold contrarian opinions based on their uniqueness and avoid popular sentiments simply because of their popularity? Wow.. how very special of you. Your hipsterdom has even started permeating your very worldview and your opinions.

I guess you're just too cool and alternative for us SJW bashers.. tell us more about those unique emo snowflake opinions of yours please?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

They're the old kind.. they don't set the agenda anymore, the progressive momentum is with the latest SJW kids.. they're pushing the ideology to its furthest extent. It's a sliding slope and we have decades of evidence that we're dealing with a sliding slope.. and only lately, these last 10 years have we really started to see the sheer lunacy that this ideology has morphed into.

I understand.. I wouldn't have a problem with any normal liberal that grew up like in the 80's, 90's or whatever.. back then progressivism was rather innocuous, and the liberal types were just normal well intentioned and tolerant people.. but the raging narcissism of the millennium generation is a completely different animal.. They've been brainwashed to such an extent that they've become belligerent authoritarians. Tolerance has been replaced by intolerance, irrationality, hysterical emotionality and aggression. They've created a religion out of their ideology.. they've basically been molded by the globalists into their authoritarian accomplices..

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

What are you so triggered for? Don't have an aneurysm or anything just because I find these conversations belittling and repetitive.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
To be honest, a lot of Americans don't seem to understand the concept of "Freedom" - evidenced by the fact they scream the loudest about how America is the only free country on Earth, conveniently forgetting about the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Not triggered.. just questioning why you don't make sense..

It's that hipster thing.. listening to cool unique bands because of their obscurity, and the corollary, avoiding the popular because of it's popularity.. I never did that, I never was that edgy. But you still are, cool, good for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

No. You are reading too far into a one line post I made in frustration from seeing these threads over and over again all repeating the same propaganda. It's always the same points too. Hell the name of the thread is an example of this tired stereotype. SJW's don't oppose freedom. The idea that they are stripping people of their 1st Amendment rights is a conservative concoction.

The anti-SJW propaganda on ATS is THICK and has been like that for a while now. Much longer than your join date of last October. So how about stop pretending like you know me based off of one line that you don't understand the context for why I said it?
edit on 20-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

This is my eight year on this site.. so I do know you.

But you're probably right.

Still, that "unique opinion" comment makes all kinds of alarms go off in my mind..

Liberals are so obsessed with being unique and interesting. Which is why they're all so lame.. From emo kids, to hipsters to lame parents.. the cycle of lameness.

Everything liberal hipsters thinks of as cool is endlessly lame, including retro clothing and furniture.. Oh, liberal douchebag hipsters how I despise your pretentious narcissism and pretense of taste.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Liberals are so obsessed with being unique and interesting. Which is why they're all so lame.. From emo kids, to hipsters to lame parents.. the cycle of lameness.

Everything liberal hipsters thinks of as cool is endlessly lame, including retro clothing and furniture.. Oh, liberal douchebag hipsters how I despise your pretentious narcissism and pretense of taste.

How about stop projecting your stereotypes onto everyone?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join