It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump praises Duterte's deadly war on drugs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

I lived in Malaysia, Singapore and Laos for nearly 8 years and I stick by if you havent been to that part of the world you cant really judge.

Singapore is the exception being very western and developed but even Malaysia which is way ahead of all the other SE countries suffers from crippling corruption, now having lived in the Philippines you would know this.
How many times did you bribe your way out of a ticket? How many people do you know who had stories about friends or family getting out of serious legal trouble because they were wealthy or connected?

Im not condoning killing innocent people and there is no way Id want this in my country but from the Pinoy friends Ive spoken to about this they have all been for it, the only people Ive heard against it are foreign govs, drug advocacy groups and people who are ignorant of the realities over there.

So of the friends you have in the Philippines what do they say and think?
I say if they think its a good thing then its none of our concern

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I agree: what the people of the Phillipines choose to do with their country is up to them. The US has to get it out of our heads that we have some duty to police the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Honoring due process is "protecting criminals" now? Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Let me answer with this clip from Death Wish.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Duterte has also admitted to killing drug users himself, throwing some out of a helicopter, and also riding around on a motorcycle looking for drug users to kill just to show local police its possible. He also admitted he's addicted to fentanyl.

The main reason why the government don't want to get rid of the drug war and the DEA?

Intelligence. The DEA has more offices around the world than any other arm of the government, and a lot of information other intelligence agencies use comes through them. Any country agreeing with our morbid ideas about the drug war gets a nice new shiny DEA bureau, which is just another way for the CIA and other agencies to operate there as well.
edit on 16-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Intelligence. The DEA has more offices around the world than any other arm of the government, and a lot of information other intelligence agencies use comes through them. Any country agreeing with our morbid ideas about the drug war gets a nice new shiny DEA bureau, which is just another way for the CIA and other agencies to operate there as well

Another way the war on drugs is helping TPTB
edit on 16-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Duterte has also admitted to killing drug users himself, throwing some out of a helicopter, and also riding around on a motorcycle looking for drug users to kill just to show local police its possible. He also admitted he's addicted to fentanyl

That just figures....so I guess he'd be cool with being murdered for no reason while he's already dopesick and miserable.

edit on 16-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: underwerks

Duterte has also admitted to killing drug users himself, throwing some out of a helicopter, and also riding around on a motorcycle looking for drug users to kill just to show local police its possible. He also admitted he's addicted to fentanyl

That just figures....so I guess he'd be cool with being murdered for no reason while he's already dopesick and miserable.

"If the president does it, it isn't illegal." - Richard Nixon. One of my favorite Nixon quotes, and an idea I think Trump and Duterte share.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy
So do you think Trump is for or against the war on drugs?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

What is going to make him the most money?

His ethics are likely going to stop with "am I killing people", so from there on out any question about what Trump will do is easiest answered by asking, "What will make him the most cash?"

I think the war on drugs is not going to make him money. I think if his intention is protectionism, then there is no reason to continue interdicting ourselves into the affairs of foreign nations, which means the war on drugs should dissolve. it is a construct of CFR policies. If he doesn't ascribe to the CFR agenda, then i doubt he'll pursue their policies.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
This is what I would expect him to do if he is the real deal. I sure hope you are right. A point I have been trying to make is that if Trump truly has good intentions for the country, then naturally he would be against the war on drugs.
He must be well aware of the massive money making opportunity that will be the cannabis industry.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If we aren't waging wars across the globe, we don't need the enormous black budget operations that are hidden amongst, and support by, such actions.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The CIA funds their black ops and all the unaccounted operations with no oversight using their drug sales, so Trump better end the war on drugs and revamp these corrupt institutions if he wants to make America great again. It won't be with those corrupt agencies functioning like they currently are.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Exactly, thank you.

This is pretty much what I have been trying to say on several different threads, only not worded as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's nice everyone having hope, but seeing as how he appointed a drug war dinosaur like Sessions as his AG, I don't see anything changing for the positive.

The best we can hope for is that nothing changes from how it is right now. And that in itself is terrible to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Haven't seen any nominee info for Administrator for Drug Enforcement Administration. Sessions as AG nominee doesn't necessarily signal Trump embraces a ham fisted approach. Trump is on-record regarding legalization of cannabis by suggesting it is state responsibility. It was, however, cleverly couched as a question as in something like "Doncha think it should be up to the states?" Clever non committal answer?

But the issue is more complex than the phrase "War on Drugs" can capture. That is such a tiny silver of the broader issue of drugs, cartels, gangs. And I think he's smart enough to understand it isn't whether or not use is criminalized or decriminalized, but rather why and how is it arriving in the first place. He knows it isn't an end-user issue, but a supply chain issue.

I see Trump hyper focusing on countries contributing to the trafficking by incentivizing host countries to handle the problem, internally. And not simply by throwing millions and millions of dollars earmarked for drug suppression this-or-that at the countries.

Here's a single visual aid that amplifies the trade of one product into the U.S. Black arrows = seizures up. Red arrows seizures down. Does Trump think a Wall will solve all of it? Will it solve any of it? (Source below) His brain is wired for business, not for government. His solutions may or may not retard the problem but it will likely focus on the suppliers, the border, and points south.

DEA's 2016 National Drug Threat Assessment doc isn't pretty.

The report -- all 194 pp. -- gives a broad overview of all the facets of this War on Drugs. The only positive news I gleaned is that cartels are losing business owing to legalization in certain states. But, those same cartels are quickly adapting to drop in revenue flows of one product by creating new avenues of revenue, including, 1) an increase in trafficking into the U.S. of that which was popular in the 80s and 90s (after having experienced a marked decline over the past two decades); and 2) an increase in poppy farms in Mexico.

Oh, another positive appearing in the report is the drop in daily usage of most drugs by 8th, 10th, and 12th graders.

edit on 16-1-2017 by EightAhoy because: fix link

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It's nice everyone having hope, but seeing as how he appointed a drug war dinosaur like Sessions as his AG, I don't see anything changing for the positive.

The best we can hope for is that nothing changes from how it is right now. And that in itself is terrible to me.

Yeah I just started reading your thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It covers what I am worried about and tried to present here pretty well. I too really hope the optimism is not out of place.

It is a dream of mine to work in the new industry. Things are starting to happen here in Alaska, it is beautiful to witness.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

Haven't seen any nominee info for Administrator for Drug Enforcement Administration. Sessions as AG nominee doesn't necessarily signal Trump embraces a ham fisted approach. Trump is on-record regarding legalization of cannabis by suggesting it is state responsibility. It was, however, cleverly couched as a question as in something like "Doncha think it should be up to the states?" Clever non committal answer?

But the issue is more complex than the phrase "War on Drugs" can capture. That is such a tiny silver of the broader issue of drugs, cartels, gangs. And I think he's smart enough to understand it isn't whether or not use is criminalized or decriminalized, but rather why and how is it arriving in the first place. He knows it isn't an end-user issue, but a supply chain issue.

I see Trump hyper focusing on countries contributing to the trafficking by incentivizing host countries to handle the problem, internally. And not simply by throwing millions and millions of dollars earmarked for drug suppression this-or-that at the countries.

Here's a single visual aid that amplifies the trade of one product into the U.S. Black arrows = seizures up. Red arrows seizures down. Does Trump think a Wall will solve all of it? Will it solve any of it? (Source below) His brain is wired for business, not for government. His solutions may or may not retard the problem but it will likely focus on the suppliers, the border, and points south.

DEA's 2016 National Drug Threat Assessment doc isn't pretty.

The report -- all 194 pp. -- gives a broad overview of all the facets of this War on Drugs. The only positive news I gleaned is that cartels are losing business owing to legalization in certain states. But, those same cartels are quickly adapting to drop in revenue flows of one product by creating new avenues of revenue, including, 1) an increase in trafficking into the U.S. of that which was popular in the 80s and 90s (after having experienced a marked decline over the past two decades); and 2) an increase in poppy farms in Mexico.

Oh, another positive appearing in the report is the drop in daily usage of most drugs by 8th, 10th, and 12th graders.

Have you seen underwerks thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

apparently one of Trumps guys has hinted at attacking legal cannabis...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Followed it through the first page but lost interest. Trump is a big picture guy, and hopefully he'll focus on The Wall -- metaphoric or real -- to solve issues relating to cartels, gangs, and "illegal" drugs. Most Americans no longer see cannabis as illegal. Being President is about the ego and Trump will be just like Obama... he'll lick his finger, stick it to the wind, and follow public sentiment.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join