It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump praises Duterte's deadly war on drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
For those who may not be familiar with the story, basically the president of the Philippines has given its citizens the green light to bring about vigilante justice to drug dealers. He has gone as far to basically authorize murder, and offer medals and rewards for participation.

The article can be found on page 9 of the virtual magazine.

issuu.com...

Same article can be found here as well...

www.drugpolicy.org...

In the article they claim that Duterte's campaign targets not only drug dealers, but those who use drugs as well. That would mean anybody from a big time criminal drug dealer, to a young heroin addict that just needs help, to a hardworking person unwinding with a joint, and everyone in between.

If those people take their presidents encouragement to heart a lot of people will be wrongfully murdered.

Does Trump honestly admire this strategy? Would he implement such a thing in the United States if he could ever get away with it?

If Trump was truly anti establishment he would be aware that the drug war is actually a war on the people. So if he is for the people, he would abolish the fake "war on drugs"....

If he was a great businessman who wanted to improve life and pump money into this country he would be fully supportive of legalization of cannabis nationwide. Not only for the medicinal flowers, but in order to take advantage of a plethora of other uses the plant offers.

The war on drugs harms people and helps the elite. It was never meant to keep people safe. Trump should know this, so he is either stupid, brainwashed, or a complete liar.

edit on 16-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

And here we have the clear, absolute and unquestionable proof, that far from being anti-establishment, this new President is going to be like Reagan and Nixon thrown into one big, red, white and blue shaft, to be crammed as unceremoniously as possible, into every element of the affairs of the modern American.

But at least they got to vote at all right? I mean, who cares if there is a real choice or not, as long as the pretense is believable?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Why does it help the Elite? seriously...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well, Durterte's campaign is working as intended. Drug rates down, corrupt politicians purged, the civil service has started functioning again after decades of not doing so, drug kingpins either in prison or dead, crime rate at an all time low...

Working great.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
When youve spent time in SE Asia you realise the that its a great and necessary initiative .
Its easy for us in Oz or the states to judge but when you see how messed up and corrupt it is over there you can clearly see nothing else will work.
A good litmus test is see what the locals think and almost universally they are behind this.

But to answer your question is Trump gonna do something like this the answer is No he will not and even asking it means your paranoid, have swallowed the MSM kool-aid and think Trumps gonna bring on Armageddon in everyway possible or youre deliberately trying to spread fear, which one is it?

P.s might wanna double check your link mate

EDIT: Apologies, I didnt realise it was a magazine up the top, I thought it was an advertisement haha
edit on 16/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Well, Durterte's campaign is working as intended. Drug rates down, corrupt politicians purged, the civil service has started functioning again after decades of not doing so, drug kingpins either in prison or dead, crime rate at an all time low...

Working great.

Many liberals don't seem to actually like fixing problems. They like to make themselves feel good while the problem continues and they have an issue that never goes away.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

this new President is going to be like Reagan and Nixon thrown into one big, red, white and blue shaft, to be crammed as unceremoniously as possible, into every element of the affairs of the modern American

Well I hope it wont bethat bad. That's just depressing.

I am definitely loosing faith in his anti-establishmentness though.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
Why does it help the Elite? seriously...

They are able to profit and maintain control easier through the war on drugs.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Working great.

That all sounds good. I just wonder how many people who didn't deserve to die got killed.

And by drug kingpins do mean someone growing pot? Or an actual kingpin?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
No freedom loving individual would ever praise a psychotic murderous dictator like Duterte.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Trump agrees with legalizing medical pot but wants to stop the inflow of opioids into the United States and says the pharmaceutical industry is “getting away with murder.”

I am unsure why Trump has changed his stance since the 1990's on the Drug War

Legalize drugs and use tax revenue to fund drug education

Trump argued in 1990 that the only way to win the War on Drugs was to legalize drugs and use the tax revenue to fund drug education programs. As he put it, "You have to take the profit away from these drug czars."
www.ontheissues.org...
edit on 16-1-2017 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Working great.

Many liberals don't seem to actually like fixing problems. They like to make themselves feel good while the problem continues and they have an issue that never goes away.

Or better defined as never-ending funding and job security at the expense of the populace.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

even asking it means your paranoid, have swallowed the MSM kool-aid and think Trumps gonna bring on Armageddon in everyway possible or youre deliberately trying to spread fear, which one is it?

Maybe paranoid, but none of that other stuff. I don't believe he would ever try to implement Filipino vigilante justice. I just wonder if in his mind he thinks it is a good idea.

A perusal of my history will show that I am very pro Trump, and optimistic for the future. I'm just not blindly following the guy, especially now since in my opinion his alleged stance on drugs says a lot about his true character, and its nothing good.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Not a psychopath, not a murderer, not a dictator.

Wrong on 3 accounts.

Well he might be a psychopath, most people in such positions are.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk The libs over dramatize and over exaggerate all things trump

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

From the article you linked

According to Duterte,

Of course he's going to say Trump praised him. Maybe he did maybe he didn't.

Doing a search, I am unable to find Trump actually saying anything about the guy. It's all hearsay, no actual quotes. This is about all i can find.

"A Trump administration will secure and defend our borders," he said in that speech. "A wall will not only keep out dangerous cartels and criminals, but it will also keep out the drugs and heroin poisoning our youth."

EDIT:

In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state," Trump told The Washington Post. "… Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states."

edit on 16-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Trump hasn't praised anyone, especially not Putin, liberals just want to go to war.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Trump agrees with legalizing pot but wants to stop the inflow of opioids into the United States and says the pharmaceutical industry is “getting away with murder.”

I would love for this to be true. That is exactly how it should be. Legalize pot because it so far from a schedule one drug it's not even funny.

Stopping the inflow of opiods would be a very good thing. There are way too many young people getting hooked on heroin and ruining their lives.

Big pharma is 100% getting away with murder. I could write a book supporting that statement.

I really hope this is Trumps mentality.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

even asking it means your paranoid, have swallowed the MSM kool-aid and think Trumps gonna bring on Armageddon in everyway possible or youre deliberately trying to spread fear, which one is it?

Maybe paranoid, but none of that other stuff. I don't believe he would ever try to implement Filipino vigilante justice. I just wonder if in his mind he thinks it is a good idea.

A perusal of my history will show that I am very pro Trump, and optimistic for the future. I'm just not blindly following the guy, especially now since in my opinion his alleged stance on drugs says a lot about his true character, and its nothing good.

Apologies mate, didnt mean to sound as harsh as I did.
The last part was more rhetorical LOL

I agree with what you said, if booze and ciggies are legal then weed should be as well, I have no idea what Trumps stance on drugs is. Sadly if I had to guess Id say he was probably anti weed.

If he is anti weed then it would be the only thing so far Im sure I disagree with him on

P.s Smoking will make you paranoid so probably no need to worry

edit on 16/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder
The lack of evidence that Trump even said that is reassuring. I feel stupid for buying it.
So what about this general John Kelly character? Apparently he is hardcore anti drugs, and Trump is appointing him as director of homeland security. Just more BS? The article made it seem like he plans on ramping up the war on drugs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join