It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are Colin Kaepernick's Critics Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

September 29, 2017

COLIN KAEPERNICK GIVES $25,000 TO CONVICTED COP KILLER.

Social justice warrior and political hero of the left, Colin Kaepernick donated $25,000 to a charity that honors convicted cop killer Assata Shakur.

Assata Shakur is now a fugitive hiding out in Cuba.

Today, Kaepernick is an unemployed whiner who set in motion a protest that is ultimately toppling the NFL. He has never even registered to vote.
SOURCE - www.thegatewaypundit.com...

It's hard to find this in the Liberal media. Apparently, they are pro cop-killer too?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

COLIN KAEPERNICK GIVES $25,000 TO CONVICTED COP KILLER.
False. Kaepernick did not give anything to Assata Shakur. Why are you lying about it?

You can read about all of the donations here.
kaepernick7.com...

edit on 9/29/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

TIP: Don't believe everything you see on the web.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Really??? That's your reply?? How about just admitting you or link was incorrect, and walk it back, I've made mistakes on a number of occasions right here on ATS, guess what?? The world didn't end when I said I was in the wrong, and my ego remained intact.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We don't. That's how we know your post was utter BS.

Think it through.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

The use of African American is divisive. And "caucasians" are to blame for putting it in use

We controlled government from the get go. We segregated society to the point that it created an entirely different dialect of english among people who have lived right next to me as my neighbors my entire life.

As we progressed through racial reference cum racist perjorative we have now settled on segregation by name. African American. Kind of American....but different

Its divisive in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The use of African American is divisive. And "caucasians" are to blame for putting it in use

We controlled government from the get go. We segregated society to the point that it created an entirely different dialect of english among people who have lived right next to me as my neighbors my entire life.

As we progressed through racial reference cum racist perjorative we have now settled on segregation by name. African American. Kind of American....but different

Caucasians did not came up With or popularized the term, AAs did, and we frequently do redefined or reinvent what we want to be called, everyone need not be on the same page even blk folks, or in agreement, but when was the last time ppl made general use of the terms Negro or Colored, I honestly don't see how the term African American is divisive in comparison to Blk.
Some one once told me, children, pets and slaves are named by their masters or parents..freemen named themselves.

edit on 30-9-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Im not looking at the term in comparison to pejoratives used by others.

Im looking at it from the point of a society that needs to find a reason to use such terms to begin with. There are terms of endearment in the AA culture that are forbidden to others from the outside. As an example. This seems silly.

African American, as a term, is mostly reserved for use in polite settings. In colloquial use, I can't say I've ever heard it used. From any one of any skin color. Its unwieldy and cumbersome to try to roll out in casual conversation. This makes it seem contrived when used, like its being said through gritted teeth and always as a reminder of something far less than polite.

I dunno man...the whole thing sucks. This whole "living in the shadows of our fathers" is something I could do without for our country. Its not just as easy as a reset button...but i'd give almost anything to make it that way.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
I've been saying the same thing for years. An African-American, to me, is someone whom holds dual citizenship in both countries.

I've known both white and black African-Americans, all great folks. One of my ex's was born and raised in South Africa and moved, along with the rest of the family, to the US after they started allowing dual-citizenship. For what it's worth she was white too.

I never understand the mentality that African-American means black. Black people born and raised in the US that only hold US citizenship are clearly just Americans.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

An African-American, to me, is someone whom holds dual citizenship in both countries.

Africa is not a country.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You are correct, I still think of it that way becasue the people from there I've known referred to themselves as such.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Noncents because: Replaced Missing Words

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Light skinned africans too.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

An African-American, to me, is someone whom holds dual citizenship in both countries.

Africa is not a country.

Spoiler alert.

Anyway...

Was it a good or bad video? I suppose it depends on which side one stands.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Then you might want to take it up with Jesse Jackson, since he is the one who came out telling people to refer to them as African Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join