It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Says Jail Denied Her Abortion and Forced Her to Give Birth- $1.5 million law suit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Judging by her name I am betting she is a black welfare queen.

She should be happy she has a new welfare ticket....

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And you think abortion is cruel. You have no idea what unwanted babies go through. And until they are in school, easily abused and disposed of. Welfare ticket, if only their lives were that good.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

right... so having the state fund an abortion for her would make her more entitled than women who have not been convicted of a crime..
do we really want women to start committing crimes because she wants an abortion and the only way she can come up with the funds is to end up in jail???

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It is why as a condition of welfare I would have them temporarily chemicaly sterilised.

Want a baby? Get a job and come off wefare.

Thats the wefare quern problem solved.
edit on 16-1-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Metallicus

There are an awful lot of freedoms lost when you are jailed, abortion must be on the list.

Good.

We don't need state sponsored murder in our jails for women who can't keep their legs closed or use birth control.

You do realize that many abortions (54%) are performed on women who used birth control which failed, don't you?

one of many available sources

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Good God, I starred your post below this one - wish I could negative star this post though. I didn't realize you were "one of those" kind of people. Yuck.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

There are an awful lot of freedoms lost when you are jailed, abortion must be on the list.

Good.

We don't need state sponsored murder in our jails for women who can't keep their legs closed or use birth control.

But its ok for my tax dollars to end up supporting the damned kid?

I wish it was mandatory for pro-lifers to adopt babies.

That would be awesome, no more abortions and all the 'holier than thou' types can raise them.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Good.

But its ok for my tax dollars to end up supporting the damned kid?

I wish it was mandatory for pro-lifers to adopt babies.

That would be awesome, no more abortions and all the 'holier than thou' types can raise them.

What would be awesome is if people would just take care of their responsibilities. I'm not a pro-lifer, but I expect people to not use abortions as a condom. The overwhelming percentage of adoptions are done not because of health issues, rape, or incest. About 90% are because they just don't want a baby at the time.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

What would be awesome is if people would just take care of their responsibilities.

Abortion is taking care of their responsibilities.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What would be awesome is if people would just take care of their responsibilities.

Abortion is taking care of their irresponsibilities.

Fixed it for ya.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Good.

You do realize that many abortions (54%) are performed on women who used birth control which failed, don't you?

one of many available sources

LOL!! How do they prove that? Was it based on what these women told them? hahaha! Most of these women will say, "my bc failed", "the condom broke" rather than admit they were just negligent because of one thing or another.

I hope the little unwanted one is in safe hands now and being showered with love. Surely she (or he) is not with this mother that desired its emerging life to be snuffed out like a "midnight cigarette".

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Abortion is taking care of their irresponsibilities.

Fixed it for ya.

DO NOT DO THAT

You do not speak for me.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Jesus Christ, its just crazy reading the hate and vitriol some in the states feel towards women. Just the way posts are worded about women spreading their legs, its disgusting, it makes you come across as a backwards, misogynistic country. She was denied health care because she was in jail, like some third world backwater country.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is the problem:

Some think it is, in general, a "healthcare problem". Sometimes it is, i.e., If the mother has a medical condition that would cause her to die should she carry an emerging life to term.

Some, however, think it is taking a life for the simple reason that it is inconvenient, unwanted, and causes mental distress to even have to think about it, and just because that life is growing in your body and is 1/2 YOU, you should have the right to snuff it out.

Some think that an emerging life needs an advocate to protect it, because it cannot protect itself.

Some think that the one whose body is incubating that emerging life, has the right to snuff it out for whatever reason they so choose.

It's a real conundrum.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
personally, I think of it as a sacrifice..
somewhere between the they're just lazy and don't want to be inconvenienced and the she's gonna die if she carries it, there is a point for every women where the sacrifice might be more than she is willing to endure and she is the only one who can determine just what the point it. for some, well, if dying would mean a living baby, it's a worthy sacrifice..
for others it might just be a matter of losing the income that is feeding the family, or the ability to care for that baby.
but, a sacrifce is no longer a sacrifice once it is forced onto you.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm not against abortion but...

I wonder how the child will feel once he/she gets old enough and reads about this.

Now if there wasn't really a solid policy in place (for or against) then I see no reason why she should have been denied the abortion unless as the lawsuit claims they were being biased and anti abortionist.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Why is the skin colour relevant? You should be banned.

ITT: pro lifers who would rather remove people's freedom and contribute more to the welfare budget.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Woman Says Jail Denied Her Abortion and Forced Her to Give Birth- $1.5 million law suit

Sounds like an appropriate amount, to me.
Maybe more.
It costs a lot to raise a child in the manner to which it has never gotten accustomed!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What about the father. Why is no one here calling the man irresponsible or talking about how he wen out and got her pregnant? I think men should be held just as accountable if not more so because they don't have to deal with the physical consequences of unintended pregnancy.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: seasonal

I would submit that SHE was the reason she was pregnant and SHE was the reason she was in jail and SHE got what she deserved.

You mean a baby?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join