It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I seriously don't get the haters. Here we have a definitive statement. It's not ambiguous, not something you can try to change wording on, it's firm. Either he does it, or fails. And you all seem to be hoping he fails and even making the proclamation now.

I have a super idea, shut your pie hole for a few days, and see what he does to deliver. If it's garbage and doesn't work like Obama's "hope and change" then you and I can blast him all day long. But.....if he delivers, perhaps some of you can suck up those tears and realize you might not be on the Titanic after all.

This is pass or fail, no in between.

Its not Trump, its the republicans in office, they are not releasing their plan. They had 6 years to come up with a plan and are not releasing it...its bc they don't have one.

also we would rather not depend on Don's word, or put full faith in Don's word, peoples lives are at stake here. Its perfectly normal to be concerned about this and NO, we don't want him to fail.

If he fails, we fail.

His words seem great, we are just wondering what he is going to do.

There IS a huge chance that he is lying to us, bc he is known for that.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I guess Trump hasn't been talking to the Republicans in Congress. They just shot down keeping the preexisting condition clause and a bill that would help regulate drug prices.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The general premise of ObamaCare, TrumpCare, ACA etc. is pretty straightforward. They need a solution to prevent hospitals from closing due to insurmountable debt created by people getting their healthcare in the Emergency Department because they have no ability to get it elsewhere (hospitals are required to treat people irrespective of their ability to pay). Also, people without insurance do not get regular medical care and when they DO show up in the ED they are far worse off (read: more expensive treatment).

Insurance companies set the rates hospitals (and doctors) can charge for every procedure. So hospitals, for the most part, can't simply raise rates to recoup losses from 'paying' customers like most businesses. So what to do? 3 options:

1. No ability to pay? Hospitals tell you to hit-the-bricks. But DT is saying everyone gets insurance so this is not part of their 'plan'.

2. A mandate where everyone has to buy discounted insurance. Premiums paid by healthy (usually younger) people who use less medical care are thereby helping the insurance companies offset people needing more medical care. But the mandate is evil.

3. Someone else (the government or insurance companies) eliminates the mandate and pays for these people themselves using taxpayer money or by raising rates on insured peoples' policies.

Does anyone see any other option?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Trump's word means nothing. He routinely says one thing and then backtracks later.

And more importantly, Presidents don't pass this kind of legislation; Congress does! I don't know why so many people give the 535 members of Congress a pass on this stuff. They're the only ones who can pass or repeal a national healthcare system. So Trump's words & ideas on this are literally worthless if Congress doesn't write them into law and pass them in both the House of Representatives and the Senate. That's why it's more important to pay attention to the healthcare plans of members of Congress like Paul Ryan and Rand Paul, seeing as those are the ones with the best chance of actually becoming law.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Sure he's nearing completion.
Just another lie from the constant liar.
The original took years to hammer out. But trump the magnificent has solved the problems before he's even taken office.
Lies lies and more lies. Lol what a joke..
Hey you guys wanted him.
Lol
Here ya go.
edit on 1162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

We know he has no plan because all he does is lie.
He's a liar. Pathological might even apply.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yup. Been shooting that mouth off all summer and he's still doing it. Tweet tweet

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I already do that but it's in my electronic notebook not on a chalk board.
But still I only get 12gigs that may not be enough.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And more importantly, Presidents don't pass this kind of legislation; Congress does!

don't really agree with much of what you say, but this is a 100% truthful statement.
i've been saying this from day one of the presidential race. even if he was able to issue Executive Orders for all that he says, congress could withhold funding for them. and he couldn't do squat.

it amazes me how many people don't realize just how limited the president is in what he can do.

edit on 16-1-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

And more importantly, Presidents don't pass this kind of legislation; Congress does!

don't really agree with much of what you say, but this is a 100% truthful statement.
i've been saying this from day one of the presidential race. even if he was able to issue Executive Orders for all that he says, congress could withhold funding for them. and he couldn't do squat.

it amazes me how many people don't realize just how limited the president is in what he can do.

True but...the power of veto

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

yes and they can override veto's.

edit on 16-1-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie That's the kicker. All through the Campaign and to this day Trump is SAYING he's going to do stuff that he knows (or certainly should know) that he CAN'T deliver on. The media calls him out on that and now they're 'fake' and being ostracized. But people BOUGHT it. He knew he could tell people stuff they wanted to hear and that they'd lap it up. And that is exactly what happened. You're right. He can't do squat any more than any President before him. It's Congress. Wait till the rabid Trumpsters finally figure that out.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The majority of people seem to not understand the part Congress plays and just ignore their failures.

Florida reelected Rubio after all the talk of his failure there. Nothing really changes.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

i often ask people why they think obama didn't use his pen and phone to issue gun bans. fact is he knew he couldn't issue any thing close to what he wanted with out it being shot down.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry, that's just not true that hospitals are at mercy of insurance companies.

In reality hospitals charge whatever the market will bear. Also keep in mind medicare/medicare contracts prevent hospital from billing lower amounts to other third parties.

Keep in mind that when a big insurer says they'll pay "x" percent on given procedures, the hospitals turn around and bill 150%, get 100% and then claim a 1/3 loss on paper - the so-called non-profits are most egregious at this scam.

I personally have had relationship with someone at executive level in a so-called non-profit hospital system and know how it works from the inside.

You should be screaming for jail terms not more insurance which will only make things worse.

These corporations, people and groups have NO exemptions from law as they would have you believe.

The only exemption was for insurance providers.

Bottom line - most people would not need insurance for routine medical care if current law was enforced.

Only thing stopping that is hospital, doctors, med groups and big pharma paying off our politicians at local, state and federal levels.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Trump's word means nothing. He routinely says one thing and then backtracks later.

And more importantly, Presidents don't pass this kind of legislation; Congress does! I don't know why so many people give the 535 members of Congress a pass on this stuff. They're the only ones who can pass or repeal a national healthcare system. So Trump's words & ideas on this are literally worthless if Congress doesn't write them into law and pass them in both the House of Representatives and the Senate. That's why it's more important to pay attention to the healthcare plans of members of Congress like Paul Ryan and Rand Paul, seeing as those are the ones with the best chance of actually becoming law.

Yea, proved my point. You seem as if you will be giddy if he fails. And you just don't seem to grasp that if he doesn't fail, you win. Liberal minds are so #ing tiny it's sad. Give the guy enough rope to hang himself BEFORE the pitchforks are out. He has just said something he can't take back. And sadly, you boneheads are too wrapped up in hate to see that.

If he can't deliver, he will be EXACTLY what you think of him now. But if not, you will all need to collectively pull your heads from where they currently reside.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

He can't deliver without the Republican Congress. It's in their hands.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

He can't deliver without the Republican Congress. It's in their hands.

yes, and they also want a replacement that works. and they are a majority.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

And they all signed norquists pledge to not increase taxes or the deficit. All his promises will need funding.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am totally confused!!!

The same people that were against socialized medicine,
That grind their teeth proclaiming nothing should be available to everyone, it should be earned and sought out be each alone,
That the government needs to stay out of business and leave them free to do as they wish....

Now they are all cheering???!!!

After all the crap I have taken here, as I described the country I live in doing exactly all this, and the way the conservatives insisted the healthcare program be twisted into a profit game for private insurance companies , becoming the horrible Obamacare ... now you all are changing your mind????

I don't blame you. I am just bitter at the lack of recognition. I'll never hear one of you guys say, opps, maybe I was wrong, maybe I acted like an angry ferret towards others and said wacked out things, and I made a mistake.

Jeez. Well I hope he is able to do this, and give you guys a taste of what I've been enjoying over here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join