It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
What has Trump done? He's not the one putting this plan onto paper, his lawyers and legal team are and I guarantee you they're in the insurance companies' pockets just like Obama's people were.

Let's see what the plan says before we start calling it the greatest thing since sliced bread. For all we know it's not going to be any better than Obamacare, but then again it might be good. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch though, that usually just leads to disappointment.

The eggs I buy are not capable of making a chicken because they have been refrigerated. I count on buying chickens at the store.

Obamacare isn't working, the price is rising too fast. Socialized healthcare should be the way we go but it appears it will never happen. Too much money to be made off of sick people and too many brainwashed people who believe socialized medicine is inferior. I wonder how the Pharma and medical industries pulled that deception off, I know people who live in Canada and in Europe and they have good healthcare. Here you have to go to the doctors two or three times before they do anything.
in China they wait till right before the chick hatches to suck it out the shell. Not sure how you count that.

Trump was doing more as a candidate then some presidents did in a year. Plural, as in more than one.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

That would actually be a wonderful thing. If it were true.

Here comes Santa Claus with free health insurance for everyone!

I hope it's true, but where's the plan, or is this, once again, a hollow promise that people blind supporters will swallow whole?

I can't really say much without hearing Trump's plan

Probably because there really isn't one.

yeah, he blindly made this statement without a plan. Are you serious? He's talking about healthcare for close to 400 MILLION people and you think it's on a whim? Where do we get you people from?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Trump supporters are a strange breed. The same thing he is promising is the very thing many of them railed against 8 years ago. What changed? Who will pay for this?

Now, I am in Canada and enjoy "free" healthcare, so I do think it would be a good thing. However, it is imperfect, and I am certain a whole lot of people are going to be furious at wait times and such. As a person with several medical issues though, I would still take this over the current system in the US. I do hope that one day you guys truly get universal healthcare. It's just very odd (but not so odd) that Trump's is good, while Obama's is bad.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

I hope it's true, but where's the plan, or is this, once again, a hollow promise that people blind supporters will swallow whole?

yeah, he blindly made this statement without a plan. Are you serious? He's talking about healthcare for close to 400 MILLION people and you think it's on a whim? Where do we get you people from?

He's done everything as a whim, just like going on one talk show, the. Going on another and denying what he said not5 min before in another interview

Yes he does things on a whim. Have you seen his twitter?

Trump says whatever will get him the most votes/ attention

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

What has Trump done? He's not the one putting this plan onto paper, his lawyers and legal team are and I guarantee you they're in the insurance companies' pockets just like Obama's people were.

Let's see what the plan says before we start calling it the greatest thing since sliced bread. For all we know it's not going to be any better than Obamacare, but then again it might be good. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch though, that usually just leads to disappointment.

The eggs I buy are not capable of making a chicken because they have been refrigerated. I count on buying chickens at the store.

Obamacare isn't working, the price is rising too fast. Socialized healthcare should be the way we go but it appears it will never happen. Too much money to be made off of sick people and too many brainwashed people who believe socialized medicine is inferior. I wonder how the Pharma and medical industries pulled that deception off, I know people who live in Canada and in Europe and they have good healthcare. Here you have to go to the doctors two or three times before they do anything.
in China they wait till right before the chick hatches to suck it out the shell. Not sure how you count that.

Trump was doing more as a candidate then some presidents did in a year. Plural, as in more than one.

He didn't DO anything. He talked a lot, he said a lot of words, made a lot of promises

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Trump Care Will be Yuuuuge!

Nahhh.. probably just a watered down ACA.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

He didn't DO anything. He talked a lot, he said a lot of words, made a lot of promises
yeah, I know, he sat in his tower and talked.
Get with it, please.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

IMO... that is called a career politician. Then with President elect Trump, he seems genuinely excited to have this roll. He's been on the same end of the government stinky stick like the rest of us, just on a different scale. Remember Ross Perot? People wanted him also to lead this country. Not a career politician and probably didn't take political science for a college elective. Just saying.

I think his (Trump's) picks are business smart. Putting some of the biggest critics in charge of what they criticize. You know, then hold them accountable, like in the real world. Fix it and make it right or I'll be calling you out.

I have been responsible for a 40 million and growing industry before. I can see some of what he is doing is strategic and business blunt. Kiss PC(just be respectful in your assessment) away if you want to get things done correctly the first time.

Firepoker

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

He's done everything as a whim, just like going on one talk show, the. Going on another and denying what he said not5 min before in another interview

Yes he does things on a whim. Have you seen his twitter?

Trump says whatever will get him the most votes/ attention
where do we get you people from?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Yeah and you can even keep your doctor too.
no that was the bum. We're under new management now. Not someone looking to get rich from the position.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I hope his plans don't hit any brick walls.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Like a true conman he's on both sides of the issue.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Booshka

I hope Trump keeps his word.

Does he ever? I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have a feeling that within 6 months all of us who voted for him are gonna wanna string him up by his balls.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, we get to have obamacare 2.0 instead of Obamacare...

I am not optimistic.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm a libertarian/conservative, but I believe everyone should be able to have health insurance. What I don't want though is the government to take over health care, government is corrupt, wasteful and just downright evil in most cases. What kind of plan or system can accomplish this, I don't know, but I hope we figure it out, this is one issue all Americans should be united on.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

He IS a fan of universal healthcare, I think we're ready for that and
Trump can take all the glory.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
fixed link to OP:

Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

I give him credit for having a phone interview with Wash Po and for doing it on a Saturday night.

Before it passed ACA economic strategists said it was doomed for failure. Obama sold it to the public as a money maker. Trump isn't going there.

Trump knows how to negotiate. I hope he can pull it off.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"insurance for everybody" sounds awfully like the requirement in Obamacare that Republicans were so upset about that required every one to buy it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

He IS a fan of universal healthcare, I think we're ready for that and
Trump can take all the glory.

USA will never have universal healthcare until their health industry stops being "for profit".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join