It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the sake of ATS, Please USA.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
There's been several threads in the past discussing UK politics, folk ways and mores, and I loved them. Found them wonderfully written, and funny.

I would love to see more of those, so write some threads about your own country and it's woes, or it's highs. It would be a great diversion from the daily fare.

Seriously guys. How's life in Yugoslavia? Russia? Germany? Portugal? Australia? Canada? Mexico?
Let's talk about it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How bout Mexico,Canada,Russia,China,Isreal?
You can't see the obvious??
Wow,now I REALLY get what the op is saying,people can't see nothing but the U.S.

Meanwhile,back to the rest of the world.
edit on 15-1-2017 by Swizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Whatever
Donald James Trump is the biggest conspiracy since the 2012 Apocalypse and 9/11.

This is the kind of unbelievable sh!t that conspiracy sites are made for!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well sir, I have no particular topic to promote right now. I've just become extremely annoyed by the avalanche of posts concerning the election of Trump. While I generally do enjoy some conversation of "what's going on in politics." The ATS forum has been overrun by opinions on the recent election, and if anything I feel folks would be better served posting their concerns on a forum devoted to American politics. Seriously, considering the rest of the subject matters discussed here, any American that states their opinion will be labeled a conspiracy theorist or a kook and their opinion will be written off as such. So please folks, this is not the place to legitimately express your opinion. Contact your local representative, or get out in the street and protest! But please stop clogging up ATS with meamingles little stories about meaningless little politicians.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

You are right if you count every single most flagged thread right now they all have to do with either Trump or Clinton or something relating to one of them.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I hope you realize that the vast majority of ATS members are American and ATS is run by Americans.

If you don't like the discussion don't get involved. If you don't like the content of the site, find one you do like. But don't come here telling us what we can and can't discuss in order to satiate your needs.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So, you basically want to control what people see and read because it doesn't fit what you want to see and read. Find a site you do like, no one makes you come here.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, considering that the owners saw it appropriate to creating numerous forums dedicated to politics and other relatively mundane things, I think that they would side with those starting the threads that you view with such disdain over your complaint and concern that they bother your own personal sensibilities and view as to what this site should be about.

Like I said, if you are here for the non-mundane issues, ignore the mundane. Negativity about people's threads doesn't add anything to this site--rather, it distracts with a negativity that is unnecessary.

I mean, there's a "Rant" forum, which would have been a much more appropriate place to put your thread, since that's what it is. It has nothing to do with regional politics--so, appropriately, I must point out the irony that you're complaining about threads that you see as being misplaced on this site, yet you misplaced your own rant in the incorrect forum on this site.

Go figure.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What are you talking about OP. The rest of the world is enjoying the show. It is cheap entertainment watching all that is going on here and it keeps their minds off of their own troubles. It is almost like therapy for them as they watch and laugh about us bickering and complaining. It probably is the main conversation at their coffee clutches.

I know if I lived in another country I would be enjoying all the chaos going on in the USA. It would probably take their mind off their own troubles.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Actually no. I chose regional politics because the US is such a teeny wee #ree, and everyone else on this planet is tired of pretending that your opinion matters.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThickAsABrick
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Actually no. I chose regional politics because the US is such a teeny wee #ree, and everyone else on this planet is tired of pretending that your opinion matters.
don't like American politics, don't come to an AMERICAN board, simple.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that you don't realize that the rest of the world looks at you, and we laugh and laugh and mlaugh. "Hey! Why's the White house white?" To remember the last time Canada had to really get heavy.
edit on 15-1-2017 by ThickAsABrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To try and be soft on you, here's Steppenwolf:
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Understood but lets be clear - we are witnessing real history in the making, the game-changer arrives on Friday and all current global relationships are about to be reviewed.

America, and by consequence all countries she involves herself in, is about to go through the proverbial fire - the rhetoric from all sides is at fever pitch such as I have not witnessed before, the old guard and all they have built to date is going to be tested to the limits.

A full global geopolitical realignment will also have it's benefits too, especially for ATS because it will be interpreted in conjunction with biblical prophecy and lights in the sky and there will be a conspiracy every 5 minutes for the foreseeable future where Trump is both the savior and Anti-Christ, he will also be a reptilian, there will be proof, just wait. he might also get assassinated.

Enjoy ATS for what she is - a living fluid entity whose modus operandi is to seek truth and deny ignorance - in all facets of life.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Actually, considering the fact that people including veterans of WWII, Korea aND Vietnam plus all the cold war recuites. And then the first Gulf and all the conflicts since, there's a large number of veterans who have stated NO.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Also as an American, I am tired of the left/right bickering here. We are all swimming in it. One can only hope for it to die down in a few weeks. But this I doubt will be the case here on ATS.
a reply to: jappee

Ditto that! Some of the threads are getting ridiculous too! There's so much party bias here it gets rather ridiculous at times. A day doesn't go by that someone isn't attacking Obama, Michelle, Hillary and Trump. They're even attacking the president's dog for Christ's sake!

I have to draw the line when they start attacking innocent animals.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why not start a thread on the topic you want to discuss?

They did. This is it..

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

The internet is always on, I like to nap in the day so I can stay up at night to read posts from around the world while the US is normally asleep.

Good call. I am in the US, and do the same thing. I do not sleep much.

I second that:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I can only imagine what it must be like for people of other countries seeing such a U.S.-centric viewpoint constantly. I've wondered how anyone can even stand us anymore. Please understand how difficult it is due to societal engineering for our citizens to see beyond our borders as I don't see that stopping any time soon. We're just so team-oriented and even though our teams are fragmented into smaller teams, there's this whole Go America or Get Out! mentality. (keep in mind before thrashing me I support a Libertarian stance) It's both good and bad.

That being said, what needs to happen is more collaboration between our countries on the topics of government rule, the treatment of the civilians with consideration to class, and connecting possible conspiracies globally.

I fear our time for discussion between countries isn't growing and the peak of internet communication has already been lost due to policies and restrictions continually being implemented. It's simple to block sites from use or viewing anymore and as the main traffic areas grow ever smaller (FB/YT and the like), our time to share information easily is closing up.

Sadly, all I see for the most part are posts like "We've got this better than you do" or "At least we're not as bad off as BLANK." and of course the "I'm from BLANK, and this is how everyone sees us." The most other-country discussion I observe throughout the internet seems to revolve around the metric vs. standard units of measurement battle which is really kind of petty when one considers the deeper challenges we should be making. (cue thread dissolve into unit measurement battle now)

What is your country doing wrong? What are the conspiracies you see within your government? What are some key issues that go unaddressed or need improvement? Are your people angry at their quality of life? Do you hate the establishment of your country? Do you see a need for more liberty? More authority?

Frankly, if everything's just fine where you're at, then I suspect your environment and society is already successfully controlled and the people don't question much.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
There's been several threads in the past discussing UK politics, folk ways and mores, and I loved them. Found them wonderfully written, and funny.

I would love to see more of those, so write some threads about your own country and it's woes, or it's highs. It would be a great diversion from the daily fare.

Seriously guys. How's life in Yugoslavia? Russia? Germany? Portugal? Australia? Canada? Mexico?
Let's talk about it.

Easier said than done Angel.

I (as others too have tried) too to come up with non USA topics...

BUT :

As soon as a member who is not USA based writes an interesting thread on (NON USA politics) practically any forum nowadays, you can be sure that it will be HOGGED by a some US member wanting to banter on about US politics and that thread will be flagged and the shilled (so to speak) to buggery so that no-one else can have a say about the topic in matter and everything resorts back to the good old US of A...

Seen it so many times here over the years...

Bloody annoying parasites...

Also for those members that think that this is a USA site... Simon the owner is British.

Thank you

Lags
edit on 16-1-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Parasites added

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join