It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA head John Brennan warns Trump to watch his tongue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Mr Trump is known for regularly making broad pronouncements on issues of national importance on his Twitter feed.

Mr Brennan also said that Mr Trump did not fully appreciate Russia's capabilities or intentions.

"I think Mr Trump has to understand that absolving Russia of various actions that it's taken in the past number of years is a road that he, I think, needs to be very, very careful about moving down," he said.

SOURCE

The saying "loose lips sink ships" comes to mind. That's a very real danger that should concern everyone when it comes to Trump in my opinion. That line of thinking seems to be fairly common in Washington right now.

GOP lawmaker on Trump's Lewis tweets: 'Dude, just stop'

After Trump tweet, ethics office to U.S. employees: do not endorse products

What do you think about whether Trump should watch his tongue? I believe it's common sense that world leaders have to do it. Where should the line be drawn? How should it be drawn?

I feel like these issues may end up determining Trump's success or failure as a president. My prediction is that Trump's inability to control himself is the most likely thing that could lead to his impeachment.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
He's just pissed because he'll be gone next week ...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Of course, the president of the US is not a person who should be, as Trump said, indulging in public locker room talk. I think that’s clear to clear thinking people, something that doesn’t include Trump.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Those who are cocky enough to think they're untouchable or invulnerable often get a rude awakening. That's applicable to peons and heavy-hitters alike, it's simple common sense. In a political atmosphere, it's much more cutthroat and risky to think like that (no pun intended)

I get the feeling Trump thinks he's the political/economic chess master because he thinks he's winning consecutive politics games. What I think personally is more likely is that some may have thrown a few games to get him overconfident and sloppy, to set him up for their own hulksmash. Politics and diplomacy is a cloak & daggers game that Trump isn't nearly as experienced in, and certainly not as experienced as his ego leads him to believe, and I think he's going to be shown that in his term rather abruptly.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My thoughts... when I relate Trump's words on Russia in the past, and hear him repeat phrases such as "wouldn't it be nice to get along with Russia." I then drag that into the opinion that Putin is staging conflict with NWO. I then even further drag those opinions into the areas of any warnings about Russia that come from within the establishment, could possibly be publicized assertions of distaste of the NWO players for what Trump has hinted at possibly hurting NWO influence.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Tough to tell if warning or veiled threat.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If it has been going on for years, why haven't the CIA done more to stop it?
Some may even consider that a threat. ....almost like shut up or else.
Is the CIA worried that the are going to be under a bigger brighter spotlight than they already are?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Trump is doing a fabulous job, plz dont make him stop, think of the children.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The IC is not in a position to tell Trump what to or not to say IMO . Right now they are trying to dig themselves out of a hole in the ground while Trump is trying to take the shovel out of their and the MSM hands because they are digging the wrong way .This latest Newsbud report is turning out to be a must watch to get a idea of what is being said in Russia from differing news sources . The last part of the vid looks at what the Russian tabloid has to say . Its quite a bit as it is them that ended up in the report put together by the IC . You would think that the IC would avoid places like tabloids or Sorcha Fall types but nope there it is in black and white for every one to see ...well worth watching just for the laughs you can get

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I read this earlier today.

My two cents; He's an Obama man, he was able to convince Obama that Russia is the boogey man. However, I think Trump is unchangeable and he will carry on buddying up to Russia.

He has a man in place who is on very good terms with the Russians and above all else, Trump is a business man. He can see opportunities for both countries and he will sell it to Putin.

Roosevelt promised the U.S.S.R closer relations once WWII was over, much to the disdain of Churchill, who held the Russians in contempt. When Roosevelt died and Trueman succeeded him, things suddenly started to become frosty with the U.S.S.R, leading to the Cold War,

Maybe Trump is an historian at heart and he's trying to repay the thanks to the U.S.S.R, that they have been due since 1945. I appreciate many do not want to hear or believe it, but the U.S.S.R were the biggest contributors to bringing down the Nazis.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think that Trump will be too busy as president to keep playing on Twitter. I also think that he will learn really quickly that it's more important to be quiet than to share every thought, because the blowback will be more intense and crazy than what it's worth.

He needs to learn to ignore these political wastes of space and grow a thicker skin. They know it's his Achilles Heel and keep poking at him to get a response they can publicize as proof of his "incompetence".

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

"Watch his thumbs" would be a more fitting statement.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
VEILED! Be careful TRUMPOTUS.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Of course, the president of the US is not a person who should be, as Trump said, indulging in public locker room talk. I think that’s clear to clear thinking people, something that doesn’t include Trump.

I believe that but on the flip side, anyone who thinks that a person will change because that person is in a position of power, has rocks for brains. Publicly they should be above reproach, privately, who cares.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Cia serves the president.Brennan has to go and should investigated for HIS wrong doings.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Cia serves the president.Brennan has to go and should investigated for HIS wrong doings.

I was starting to think people forgot the Trump is the next President. It would do Brennan well to shut his mouth unless he has something worthy to offer. Brennan telling our elected representative to shut up is the same thing as Brennan telling us to shut up.

Dock the pay, I say. Learn his place.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

and his 8 years of building a caliphate gone with hin

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: ColaTesla

and his 8 years of building a caliphate gone with hin

Unfortunately I think it will take most of president Trump's first 100 days in office to clean house, while cautiously watching his back the whole time.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah bloody Trump, why doesn't he use the correct channels and leak emails instead.
The tweets might confuse the Russians standard operation procedure

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'm having trouble ignoring or justifying these factions within the intelligence communities which have their own agendas.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join