It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Minute Change in Security at Inauguration Reminiscent of JFK in Dealey Plaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
There are so many petty people with far too much responsibility in government. Never ceases to amaze me.

Trump is the pettiest one of all!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That's not the issue. The OP said it was Obama's doing. FALSE!

Beitbart tried claim that WAPO and General Schwartz was FIRED. He wasn't. Breitbart portrayed General Schwartz as a whiney baby who ran to the press to defame Trump and his transition team for revealing the "awkwardness of the timing" to the media.

I don't disagree that's a great point.

Which makes me wonder WHY there is so much conflicting info and shifting of the blame on this. It makes it all the more curious, IMO.

link   

originally posted by: ausername
Trump has something past presidents didn't, his own private security. Perhaps better at protecting him and his family than the secret service.

They are watching everyone, and everything. Including the secret service.

No worries.

Are you serious?

Have you ever seen how they protect a president?

Trumps people would have to become the Gestapo in order to do better than the Secret Service.

Like shutting down blocks of streets and highways.

Of course maybe that's the i

link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

There are so many petty people with far too much responsibility in government. Never ceases to amaze me.

Trump is the pettiest one of all!

Who cares? That's not a good reason for Schwartz to have refused the request.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Which makes me wonder WHY there is so much conflicting info and shifting of the blame on this.

It is very obvious, Trump and his team stuffed up, but obviously it cannot be their fault, so they tried to blame anyone/anything else as no blame can possibly be laid on Trump.

Expect this to be SOP under a Trump regime.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I would assume b/c I don't know any better...
Suppose there were a bunch of protesters protesting the inauguration and they turned violent...

I doubt Trump would allow a general to give the order once given at Kent State?
He's to be the President of the American people, that includes the people protesting?

At Kent State University in Ohio, protesters launched a demonstration that included setting fire to the ROTC building, prompting the governor of Ohio to dispatch 900 National Guardsmen to the campus During an altercation on May 4, twenty-eight guardsmen opened fire on a crowd, killing four students and wounding nine. Following the killings, the unrest across the country escalated even further. Almost five hundred colleges were shut down or disrupted by protests.Despite the public outcry, the Justice Department initially declined to conduct a grand jury investigation. A report by the President’s Commission on Campus Unrest did acknowledge, however, that the action of the guardsmen had been “unnecessary, unwarranted, and inexcusable.” Eventually, a grand jury indicted eight of the guardsmen, but the charges were dismissed for lack of evidence.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Which makes me wonder WHY there is so much conflicting info and shifting of the blame on this.

It is very obvious, Trump and his team stuffed up, but obviously it cannot be their fault, so they tried to blame anyone/anything else as no blame can possibly be laid on Trump.

Expect this to be SOP under a Trump regime.

Well, yes, Trump obviously felt he 'stuffed up' and then sought to remedy the situation with a request that Schwartz stay on a few days:

Trump reconsidered and asked Schwartz to stay on -- and he refused.

Which says that Schwartz is the responsible party for his effective resignation at 12:01 p.m., January 20, 2017. The excuses he used were laughable.

I see many valuable reasons for Trump reconsidering and 'caving to negative public reaction' is not one of them. Since when has THAT led Trump's decisions?

No one will ever be able to clear your partisan filter, so please just carry on repeating yourself that Trump is petty and Trump made a mistake and he is therefore completely to blame even though he made an attempt to correct it and it could have easily been corrected if Schwartz hadn't been the pettier man in this situation.
edit on 15-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

From original WaPo article Friday

The Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and has an integral part in overseeing the inauguration said Friday that he will be removed from command effective at 12:01 p.m. Jan. 20, just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.
Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the middle of the presidential ceremony — classified as a national special security event — and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.

“The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz said in an interview Friday morning, confirming a memo announcing his ouster that was obtained by The Washington Post.

Military officials and Trump transition officials provided contradictory versions of the decision to replace Schwartz. As is customary for presidential appointees, the general submitted a letter of resignation to give the new administration a clean start.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No, I am not going to look them up

And yes, I do think breitbart was a bit petty with the use of some of the words.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: eisegesis

if he gets assassinated
ATS will meltdown

If that happens.. the effing country melts down. I'm grabbing my go bag and waiting for things to settle out.

Republicans will blame Dems

Dems will blame Russians

The domino effect could be swift.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It does raise concern.

Especially with so many leftists openly calling for Trumps... early departure.

Hopefully it's all a coincidence, but who knows what lengths progressives will go to maintain power.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

BTW, I have to point out that this JFK quote is especially poignant considering JFK probably would have loved the chance to RECONSIDER the last minute changes in security on November 22, 1963 and correct those mistakes.

Schwartz should have agreed to Trump's request. Let's hope he never has to answer for his decision to refuse.

edit on 15-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

This is the WaPo's words and think it shows the petty nature of this General:

...Military officials on Saturday backtracked from earlier statements indicating that Schwartz had not been asked to stay on by the new administration. One said he learned he had been mistaken, and that additional paperwork that became available Saturday showed that the transition team had in fact asked Schwartz to maintain his command for several days into the new presidency. That official did not know when that offer was made.

Another senior military official said he believed the offer came before Friday.

Maj. Byron Coward, a spokesman for the D.C. National Guard, also said the offer from the transition team to Schwartz came Friday afternoon. He said Trump transition officials asked Schwartz to stay on an additional three days. Coward said that was the first time Schwartz had any notion that the transition team wanted him to stay in command throughout the inauguration...

WaPo Article

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I am really worried about Trump and his families safety,

The hatred coming at him from all sides, scares me.

Oh yes and wow! All this time it was the Tea Party ect that was so very pointed out by the fake news agents as the ones to watch for hate ect. And nothing like what we see and hear and is being used to intimidate us by way of Freedom of the Press under duress having been taken over by control f*gs.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

More weird blame-shifting...no wonder people's feelers are up. It sure seems like 'the news' and the people sharing info on this story with them, are intentionally obfuscating this story.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
It does raise concern.

Especially with so many leftists openly calling for Trumps... early departure.

Hopefully it's all a coincidence, but who knows what lengths progressives will go to maintain power.

yes and consider all these same talking heads, in the news and politics, that flapped away about white conservatives, Tea Party, Alt right ect and ect that now although swimming in a sea of BS zero cred will not point out the danger of the alt left radicals high and low........and who otherwise hate the CIA, FBI ect but no use them as primary sources of verification of the ccccaaaarrrrapola.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The amazing fact here is the Schumer openly states that the intelligence agencies are running this nation. You can't piss them off because they have "Six ways to Sunday" to get you back. When asked what they might do he says he doesn't know. THIS IS AMAZING. This should be the headline on every MSM news rag. If Trump had said this, it would be labelled "conspiracy theory". For all of you who didn't support Trump, like myself, how does this jive with your politics?

Too much of politics in America has become rooting for teams and not caring about actual policy. For example, Rosie O'Donnell calling for martial law to prevent him taking office. Another example, the push put on by Hollywood and Ruling elites to get the electoral college to flip the script. It's an amazing example of people trying to cut off their noses to spite their face. I'm dumbfounded.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

What's your point?

Obama didn't have anything to do with it. Trump did fire General Schwartz. The Trump transition team didn't invite General Schwartz to stay until after the WAPO piece went out.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Bulletin!

One guy being there or not is in NO WAY going to alter the security plans in place.
Every agent, police officer all the way down the line has their orders and mission already and who the "face of security is" it's a moot point.

The rest of the massive security team will do just fine without this particular general there or not.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Everyone gives a crap....we do not forgive we do not forget.

America needs truth more than it needs another cheerleader .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join