It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge Re-build ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

may we enquire what feilds you studied in ?

i didnt get told ANYTHING about stone henge at school [ at least nothing i recall ]

and my higher education avoided it totally - this i am certain of - as i only ever did city and guilds courses in engineering and related vocational disciplines

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
just my opinion - but the OP would SEEM to have found out about the stone henge history // restoration - of which he was previously unaware and upon doing some self study - found his OP source - which is so filled with such dishonest bollox that it hurts to watch

and in the abcense of counter evidence - assumed that his source vid is reliable

rather like someone whio has only used the alex jones website to form opinions on US politics

cut the OP some slack
- unless he digs in

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Vocational HS, Computers with a degree in Electronics. Then Physics with a minor in Astronomy.

So no archaeology
But any time it was ever addressed, in any sort of history class.. there was never mention of any sort of heavy machinery restoration. So I was taken back when I saw the photos, which is why I posted, to feel out the legitimacy of them.

I figured if I wasn't aware, seeing as I spend far too many hours researching various topics online and on this site. Then I was assured others like myself weren't either.

At the end of the day, I learned something new.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It's a big money spinner, tourism etc but yes it was Moved and rebuilt in the 1700's if I remember orginally the stone's were all tumbled down.
www.indymedia.org.uk...

This painting was from 1835 by John Constable a much revered English artist.
upload.wikimedia.org...
ashtronort.wordpress.com...

Now what you have to remember is that much of the damage at stone henge was done long after it was built by people robbing the site out so today what we see is a heavily restored (And maybe not correctly) site with many of the stone's long having been carted off to other location's for building or other uses, only these largest stone's actually survived and only because those whom were re-using them left these behind as they were either not worth there time or simply too large to rob out though undoubtedly they probably broke some of the larger stone's down in order to cart them off for the building of nearby village's, farm boundary wall's and other uses were local stone was not suitable and the granite used in the old ruin was desirable, they did this throughout the middle age's extensively and right up to the early 20th century with entire norman castles the size of the massive Conway castle in north wale's having totally vanished from being robbed out for building material's.

So how much of the original stone remain's, probably very little and so the theory's that this is/was a stone circle like the true wonder of avebury, en.wikipedia.org... is actually only founded on what we can see and discover today.

To be fair the work in the 1950's was merely a restoration, it was perhaps wrong that they tampered with it but still just a streightening of the stone's however the 1950's was not the only time that the builders and crane's have been on the site.

As I remember it, his name slip's my mind but I believe he was one of the family that owned the site for hundred's of years but there was a member of the aristocracy in the 1700's that actually rebuilt the site, apparently all the stone's except two which were leaning heavily had fallen down and he spent a considerable amount rebuilding the site which if true mean's we may not even be seeing the vague form that the stone circle or whatever it was really originally had.

There are however medieval image's and other earlier image's that may suggest the doorway style was the way it was meant to appear.
www.eternalidol.com...

The people who built it were the PRE CELTIC britain's, there were no link's to the Druid's of the Celtic period as far as we can ascertain and certainly no link to the reinvented druid's whom are allowed to hold there pagan ceremony's there today but were only founded in the 1800's by a bored aristocrat and imagined teaching's.

edit on 15-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I don't see where you think the hoax is. It's pretty common knowledge that a large portion of Stonehenge has been rebuilt/repaired.

Large portion? Did you see the pictures? It was a complete rebuild. I agree with the guy in the video.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I can't find the video I'm looking for, but here's a similar one.

The tunnel they are about to dig is a cover for recovering the artefact buried in the vicinity. An ATS contributor recently gave the results of the auger boring he carried out under the cover of the festivals. His thread disappeared. It's a con spiracy.

Found it.

edit on 16 1 2017 by Kester because: add video

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Carl Monk did the mathematical calculations on Stone Henge using the number of rings, number of stone etc and using the center of the great pyramid of Gisa as the GMT. The calculations revealed their exact GPS location for Stone Henge.

He did the same for several other similar monuments in other parts of the world and in each case they revealed their exact GPS locations.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

This man is sometimes shocked by his own accuracy, he looks at the location his system indicates and finds a monument exactly there. www.gnower.net...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I learned new things, too, so thank you for creating this thread. It led to an interesting morning for me.

Kester - thanks for that link.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Great links Kester! thank you!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128I knew however, that certain users would chime in and spout their all knowing knowledge. I'm actually just waiting for Harte to show up next.

If you're waiting for me, you're backing up: www.abovetopsecret.com...

FYI, if it's weren't for the massive amounts of concrete applied in modern times to the sphinx in the neck area, it's head would have likely fallen off by now.

Harte

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

thanks for that link, seems very interesting and will persue.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

From the comment section on Youtube:

This video is using actual photographs but telling a 'huge' lie. William Growland oversaw the first major restoration of the monument in 1901 which involved the straightening and concrete setting of sarsen stone number 56 which was in danger of falling. In straightening the stone he moved it about half a metre from its original position. In 1958 the stones were restored again, when three of the standing sarsens were re-erected and set in concrete bases. The last restoration was carried out in 1963 after stone 23 of the Sarsen Circle fell over. It was again re-erected, and the opportunity was taken to concrete three more stones. Later archaeologists, including Christopher Chippindale of the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Cambridge and Brian Edwards of the University of the West of England, campaigned to give the public more knowledge of the various restorations and in 2004 English Heritage included pictures of the work in progress in its book Stonehenge: A History in Photographs. That is where this YouTube'r has got these photos from. the narrative is false and placing the photos completely out of context. The site of Stonehenge has 'never' been cleared of all it's stones, none of the photos in this video show the site at Stonehenge totally clear of stones. The major reconstruction this video claims, is a total lie. The lie falls within the same area as moon hoax theorists? Believe it if you want to.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21760417]
I had no idea the magnitude of the restoration. AS I'm sure many others did not either.

pretty much every ancient structure on earth has been restored, the Pyramids, the Sphinx, Tiahuanaco, Teotihuacan was practically reassembled, all for tourism dollars, its common knowledge.
And not just recently, most of them have been in a constant state of restoration since they were built, that's why they are still there...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join