It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LL Bean donates $30k to Trump Super PAC. Trump tweets advertisement for LL Bean...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Trump uses his business acumen and the promise of deregulation to save American jobs…

He had his running mate promise Carrier tax breaks if they stayed. They still moved jobs to Mexico. Other than that, Trump has done squat. (And if he runs the country like he runs his businesses, the country will default on all its debts and declare bankruptcy by the end of the year.)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

But all the "news" articles fail to mention that in their headlines.

Just like the Rep. Lewis thing, the leftists are attacking Trump and then only reporting his responses making it look like he's initiating these issues.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I agree with you that the headlines are a bit on the "gotcha" side.

But most, if not all, of the articles Ive read do mention the calls for a boycott.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

But all the "news" articles fail to mention that in their headlines.

Just like the Rep. Lewis thing, the leftists are attacking Trump and then only reporting his responses making it look like he's initiating these issues.

Exactly!

I have stayed out of this as much as I could but I now find that I am getting sucked into these threads due to the blatant hypocrisy and deception I am seeing daily.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Have you seen the LL Bean ad on TV were they use a James Brown soundtrack while a bunch of crackers frolic at the Ski Lodge? Akward

Crackers? I get that the term was mean to combat the racial terms used on other races, and it just didn't work, but using it is no different than calling others those same racial terms. In other words, it was an idiotic comment to make. really, really dumb.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, look at Hillary's problems.

www.investors.com...

observer.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Pay to play. Pay to play. Everyone who donated big money to him is reaping the rewards. Conservatives shunned Clinton for this but excuse Trump and that's because they have no integrity. They're political hacks who allow corruption as long as its their team doing it.

Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Pay to play. Pay to play. Everyone who donated big money to him is reaping the rewards. Conservatives shunned Clinton for this but excuse Trump and that's because they have no integrity. They're political hacks who allow corruption as long as its their team doing it.

Pathetic.

Hillary took way more from these organizations than Trump did, thirty grand is just an advertising fee. It appears he likes to actually repay his supporters for their loyalty. The Democrats boycotting this company is terrible. They are being spoiled brats and need to be taught humility.

Why are we letting people who are doing this kind of chaotic behavior after an election even open their mouth. Hillary lost and she took a real lot more bigger donations than trump meaning she was more indebted to her donors. If people do not like the system, then we should change the system, not bash the president.

I would be saying the same thing if Trump supporters were pulling this crap after Hillary won. I am usually more of a Democrat, but in this election I voted for the Republican candidate because I have a high distrust of Hillary.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Watching you get triggered is quite something.
Not very many non-whites participate in winter sports, called marketing.
And as for James Brown I would guess you are referring to this song.

Brown wrote the lyrics to the song "Say It Loud – I'm Black and I'm Proud", which his bandleader Alfred "Pee Wee" Ellis accompanied with a musical composition. Released late that summer, the song's lyrics helped to make it an anthem for the civil rights movement. Brown only performed the song sporadically following its initial release and later stated he had regrets recording it, saying in 1984, "Now 'Say It Loud – I'm Black and I'm Proud' has done more for the black race than any other record, but if I had my choice, I wouldn't have done it, because I don't like defining anyone by race. To teach race is to teach separatism."[104] In his autobiography he stated:

How about I trigger you some more you little awkward snowflake

In 2003 Brown was the featured attraction of a Washington D.C. fundraiser for the National Republican Senatorial Committee.[113] Following the deaths of Ronald Reagan and his friend Ray Charles, Brown said to CNN, "I'm kind of in an uproar. I love the country and I got – you know I've been around a long time, through many presidents and everything. So after losing Mr. Reagan, who I knew very well, then Mr. Ray Charles, who I worked with and lived with like, all our life, we had a show together in Oakland many, many years ago and it's like you found the placard."[114]

edit on 15-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hillary has nothing to do with this.

Because people can't find a legitimate reason/excuse for Trump's behavior they continually say "But Hillary!!"

Hillary is not relevant. She has nothing to do with the topic, or OP. Continue with the deflections, though.

Anything to divert attention away from Trump.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Liberals are so deceptive and so sneaky, it really is unbelievable, Alinsky would be proud. These people are so dishonest. Sad!

Trump never said anything about LL Bean until the hateful liberals got involved and tried to run them out of business. The left doesn't even realize that they are the real fascists in this country.
edit on 15-1-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with Trump countering the absurdity of bullies trying to intimidate voters.
Since when is it ok in America to threaten companies just because someone who works for them voted a certain way?

This has been a continuous theme in this election.
Democrats have used violence and threats in an attempt to intimidate or retaliate against those who do not agree with their selected candidate.

The same thing happened with the threats against those who wish to perform at the inauguration.
There is a high school that is being threatened just because their band is performing at the inauguration, and Holliday withdrew because she was threatened with never being able to work again.

This nation has gone insane.
How can people call themselves Americans when they behave like this?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you use to turn 30k into "big money" but obviously you didn't read the part about how the company was being boycotted for over a year and were at the risk of being shut down just because they supported Trump.

The left is just furious at the fact that Trump stonewalled their spiteful attempt to run them out of business.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Seems to me that Donald Trump and politicians have pay-to-play in common. Actually, its human nature operating in the real world.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
a reply to: rickymouse

Hillary has nothing to do with this.

Because people can't find a legitimate reason/excuse for Trump's behavior they continually say "But Hillary!!"

Hillary is not relevant. She has nothing to do with the topic, or OP. Continue with the deflections, though.

Anything to divert attention away from Trump.

But you don't understand, everyone who takes campaign contributions from these kind of people have the same responsibility, to give them something in return. Do you want Trump to renig on his responsibilities to his donors, most presidents have actually done favors for those who contributed, including Bush, Clinton, and Obama. Usually these big donors donate to both sides to make sure they benefit from their donation. In this election, I saw a lot of them just donating to Hillary because they made the evidence show it was going to be her that won. It was actually a shock when Trump won with all the twisting of the figures Hillary's campaign did. They convinced their donors to donate most of their money to their campaign because she was going to win.

This whole subject isn't even worth discussing, this is normal procedure of the president to help out his donors when he gets elected. You don't think someone is going to donate a lot of money and get no favors in return do you? I thought Trumps statement to try to ease the boycott was a reasonable payback for the support of his donor. I think the Liberal Democrats are getting way out of hand, they have sour grapes because they lost. Trump is president and even though I do not think he is the best choice of the Republicans, I will respect him as president of the United States of America. I would have respected Hillary if she had won and the tides were turned the opposite way. I don't think much of Hillary's track record but if she was president I would have given her the same respect I give Trump in his presidency.

Get over it, Hillary lost and she would have had a lot more favors to return.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Remember who you're dealing with. In their minds, it's only "pay for play" when an opponent does it. It's "smart business" when an ally does it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Christosterone

Call me when trump gives ll bean $23B in loans...

Thanks for reminding us all that Obama actually did save American jobs.

The jobs of a mismanaged company saved by tax payers dollars?
Haha try again...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
yeah that was last week, I already commented about the lunchbox and sleeping bag I bought.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: ugmold
Have you seen the LL Bean ad on TV were they use a James Brown soundtrack while a bunch of crackers frolic at the Ski Lodge? Akward

Crackers? I get that the term was mean to combat the racial terms used on other races, and it just didn't work, but using it is no different than calling others those same racial terms. In other words, it was an idiotic comment to make. really, really dumb.

I guess you take it to heart, I'm white and it doesn't bother me in the least. Racism is what you make it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: ugmold

Watching you get triggered is quite something.
Not very many non-whites participate in winter sports, called marketing.
And as for James Brown I would guess you are referring to this song.

Brown wrote the lyrics to the song "Say It Loud – I'm Black and I'm Proud", which his bandleader Alfred "Pee Wee" Ellis accompanied with a musical composition. Released late that summer, the song's lyrics helped to make it an anthem for the civil rights movement. Brown only performed the song sporadically following its initial release and later stated he had regrets recording it, saying in 1984, "Now 'Say It Loud – I'm Black and I'm Proud' has done more for the black race than any other record, but if I had my choice, I wouldn't have done it, because I don't like defining anyone by race. To teach race is to teach separatism."[104] In his autobiography he stated:

How about I trigger you some more you little awkward snowflake

In 2003 Brown was the featured attraction of a Washington D.C. fundraiser for the National Republican Senatorial Committee.[113] Following the deaths of Ronald Reagan and his friend Ray Charles, Brown said to CNN, "I'm kind of in an uproar. I love the country and I got – you know I've been around a long time, through many presidents and everything. So after losing Mr. Reagan, who I knew very well, then Mr. Ray Charles, who I worked with and lived with like, all our life, we had a show together in Oakland many, many years ago and it's like you found the placard."[114]

Then you agree it is bad marketing? I mean Civil Rights in an ad about expensive outdoor winter gear at a ski resort?

Nobody there to be Black and Proud. I am well aware of the song. It is about being black, period.

So LL Bean should attach a little side note to Wikipedia regarding his "friendship" with Ronald Reagan? Ya I can say Ronnie getting down with JB.

The ad doesn't work it is awkward to say the least. The word cracker is what you are upset about I gather, "little snowflake".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join