It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LL Bean donates $30k to Trump Super PAC. Trump tweets advertisement for LL Bean...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Donald Trump just used his presidential power to advertise L.L. Bean.

Trump endorses L.L. Bean after founder's granddaughter donates.

Trump says buy LL Bean — but many products are made in China.

It was just revealed that LL Bean or the grand daughter who sits on the Board donated between $30k and $60k to a Trump Super PAC.

In return for their "support", Trump used the Office of the Presidency (President-elect) to tweet an advertisement for the company...

After the donation was revealed, one group called for a boycott of LL Bean. So it could be argued that Trump was trying to counter the calls for a boycott.

But even he has to realize the OBVIOUS conflict of interest, doesnt he?

Is he really this stupid or does he simply not care?

You have to ask the same question regarding his appointments of industry insiders to key positions within his administration...

Filling the swamp: Trump appoints industry insider to head SEC.

edit on 15-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: edited title

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The irony is thick.

Trump goes on about "bringing jobs back home," but doesn't even bother to associate himself with companies that produce their goods here at home.

The good thing is, his cultist supporters don't care. This will probably be spun into a positive.

The revolving door of money in politics (legal bribery) continues to move forward.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

In return for their "support", Trump used the Office of the Presidency to tweet an advertisement for the company...

When did I miss the inauguration?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It was just revealed that LL Bean or the grand daughter who sits on the Board donated between $30k and $60k to a Trump Super PAC.

In return for their "support", Trump used the Office of the Presidency to tweet an advertisement for the company.

Calm down. This only becomes an impeachable offense after he's sworn in.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Many of us have said it before.. Trump's trigger-happy Tweeting and seemingly lack of discretion as to what he wants to publicly share with the world, are going to be major problems (they already have, but he hasn't even been inaugurated yet).

How are his top dogs allowing him to still do this? It's mind-boggling to me.

Unless they have been instructed to 'let the cards fall will they will' by others :/ hmm

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm starting to get the feeling that as long as he stands to profit from something, "conflict of interest" will be made just another fake news phrase he'll be able to counter through selecting who in the media reports on him.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Call me when trump gives ll bean $23B in loans...
Or is a tweet the same...after all, obama said "words matter"

-Chris

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

By your hysteria you must be expecting the Pentagon will place a multi-billion dollar order with them.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Thanks for reminding us all that Obama actually did save American jobs.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

This is part of the problem.

We, as a group, tend to overlook behavior so long as we like or align ourselves with the person.

IMHO, we have to stop justifying bad or immoral behavior simply because its "our side".

Using Trump's appointments as an example, why would anyone try to justify placing industry insiders into key governmental positions?

This type of corruption has been going on for decades (including under Obama).

It was wrong then and its wrong now.

edit on 15-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't think he does think it is a conflict of interest due to the leftest boycott. Just a defense against political bullying. He is not endorsing a company because of corporate support. He is showing his support for a company based on political persecution due to one member's support for "Make Maine Great Again".

insider.foxnews.com...

'Hardcore Bullies': L.L. Bean Board Member Pushes Back on Left's Call for Boycott

A left-wing website is calling for a boycott of retailer L.L. Bean - along with many other organizations - because one of the company's board members donated to a pro-Donald Trump PAC during the presidential campaign.

The outdoor apparel seller was added to the list because of contributions made by Linda Bean, who is the granddaughter of the company's founder and one of 50 co-owners of the company.

Organizers have said they will not take L.L. Bean off its website until Linda Bean is ejected from the board.

The company has asked for the boycott to be dropped, saying that the corporation has no connection to the PAC.

“We are deeply troubled by the portrayal of L.L.Bean as a supporter of any political agenda,” Executive Chairman Shawn Gorman posted on Facebook on Jan. 8. “L.L.Bean does not endorse political candidates, take positions on political matters, or make political contributions.”

All I can really say is the Democrats "unilaterally" FORCED people in America to BUY crappy insurance or be fined. Trump saying "voluntarily support a company being bullied by the left" (Buy LL Bean) is mild in comparison as it was a suggestion and not a law.

Now, If he were to out of nowhere advertise for a company that donated a # ton of money to him (Say a Uranium deal with a foreign government donating millions to his foundation), then I would definitely agree there would be a massive conflict of interest.

edit on 15-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Way to misrepresent the facts.

The snowflake leftists were calling for a boycott of LL Bean because they donated to Trumps campaign. So in response to the the calls for a boycott, Trump suggested people shop at LL Bean.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

He triggered the triggerables again !

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He triggered the triggerables again !

The dude can pass gas and the left would throw a fit about it.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The snowflake leftists were calling for a boycott of LL Bean because they donated to Trumps campaign. So in response to the the calls for a boycott, Trump suggested people shop at LL Bean.

a reply to: watchitburn

Thank you.

I actually mentioned this in my OP, which you would have known if you had taken the time to read all of 5 lines...

But nothing was misrepresented. They supported him via donations and he advertised for the company.

edit on 15-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Oh, to make it better, the COMPANY (Yes the Title of the article is deceptive) did not donate to the "Make Maine Great" PAC, One of the people on their board did with their own money.

The Boycott against the company is in place to Bully the company into firing from the board the individual who contributed.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
He didn't do it because of the donation, he did it because of the boycott. Moreover, from your own source:

Bean, a granddaughter of L.L. Bean founder Leon Leonwood Bean, contributed $30,000 to a pro-Trump super PAC called Making America Great Again LLC between August and October of last year, according to recently amended federal filings. Another $15,000 was contributed by Maine resident Diana Bean, the name of Linda’s sister.

Moreover, the CEO publicly criticized the boycott six days ago: Link.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Christosterone

Thanks for reminding us all that Obama actually did save American jobs.

Robbing Peter(taxpayers) to save paul(in this case union pensions) is not "saving American jobs"....

It's simple re-appropriation or wealth re-distribution...nothing other than the policy of a radical leftist who would see my tax money go to prop up a failing company...

Trump uses his business acumen and the promise of deregulation to save American jobs…

The President-elect is looking to free small business of burdensome regulation as a carrot instead of simply stealing money from the American taxpayers to pay back the unions that help to get him elected…

-Chris

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

We're speculating as to his motivation.

While I dont think what youre saying is completely out of the question, IMHO, its still unethical because of the donations.

As someone mentioned above, he hasnt yet been sworn in but IMO thats a technicality.

Hes essentially the POTUS.

edit on 15-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Have you seen the LL Bean ad on TV were they use a James Brown soundtrack while a bunch of [snipped] frolic at the Ski Lodge? Akward

edit on Sun Jan 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join