It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump will be the most Honest President America has ever Elected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: loveguy

No they won't. They'll just report on the tweets like they're already doing.

Though I can't help noticing your apparent glee at the thought of Americans losing their jobs. I thought Trump was supposedly trying to create jobs, not put Americans out of work? And even worse, it's an industry that's explicitly protected in the US Constitution's 1st Amendment (freedom of the press)!

See how easy it would be for that to backfire? It would make for some juicy .lines and clickbait, don't you think?

Those were my words, not Trumps.
Freedom of the press should not grant a license to deceptive people to continue their deception...
If they can't report accurate news, or build a fence up to 'code' they shouldn't be building fences- or reporting news?

Is their a code of ethics instilled in the 1st amm.? There should be?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Freedom of the press should not grant a license to deceptive people to continue their deception...

It's not supposed to. The main purpose of the (free) press (is supposed to be) the transmission of information to the populace, so that the populace can make informed decisions and aren't subjects of...controlled propaganda.

Once it truly became a for-profit business model, and once the powerful learned how to use it for manipulative purpose, that creed took a backseat to greed (insofar as the business-model power-structure is concerned) and control.

There are still good, honest journalists out there. But they increasingly do not get the spotlight because people don't want journalism, they want sensationalism; and sensationalism creates revenue. Catch 22.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It's not supposed to. The main purpose of the (free) press (is supposed to be) the transmission of information to the populace, so that the populace can make informed decisions and aren't subjects of...controlled propaganda.

According to who? The Constitution gives zero guidance on what "freedom of the press" means in practice, be it for good or for bad. And I can guarantee you that the press has always had ulterior motives, even back before the Revolutionary War. Remember the pamphlets both sides would pass out that were meant to discredit the other side? Who was fact checking them?

ETA: I'm not arguing that there should be deception in the media. I'm just pointing out that it's been there the whole time, and even our Founders used it in their fight against the British.
edit on 15-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

No they won't. They'll just report on the tweets like they're already doing.

Though I can't help noticing your apparent glee at the thought of Americans losing their jobs. I thought Trump was supposedly trying to create jobs, not put Americans out of work? And even worse, it's an industry that's explicitly protected in the US Constitution's 1st Amendment (freedom of the press)!

See how easy it would be for that to backfire? It would make for some juicy .lines and clickbait, don't you think?

Those were my words, not Trumps.
If they can't report accurate news, or build a fence up to 'code' they shouldn't be building fences- or reporting news?

Is their a code of ethics instilled in the 1st amm.? There should be?

Then perhaps we should reinstate the Fairness Doctrine, which put more pressure on media to be honest. But can you guess which "side" eliminated it (it's in the link)? Not to mention, there's an entire collection of AM radio that specializes in deceptive shock jock commentators. If we're really trying to instill ethics into the media and end deception in the media, we'd have to find a way to rein them in, as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lol, you serious Clark?

Wtf is wrong with you Trump fanatics? Jesus buy a freaking clue man.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

One reason for the First Amendment (or, freedom of the press, rather), was to ensure that the state did not have direct control over the media, e.g, state-sponsored propaganda. Another was so that inflammatory material could be published without fear of punishment by the state.

The main purpose of the (free) press (is supposed to be) the transmission of information to the populace, so that the populace can make informed decisions [-Liquesence]

According to who?[-enlightenedservant]

The Society of Professional Journalists, for one.

And I can guarantee you that the press has always had ulterior motives, even back before the Revolutionary War. Remember the pamphlets both sides would pass out that were meant to discredit the other side?

Agreed, and I never said they didn't.

Yes, deception and targeted propaganda have always been present and used in print media, but the main intention of journalism, and media, is to inform, not deceive.

As I mentioned in my other post, due to the new media business model, greed and deception have taken the front seat to truth, and the greedy and the powerful have learned how to use it for manipulative purposes even greater than ever before in history because of the way the flow of information has changed and the accessibility to information in real time. This is further compounded by the 24/7 news cycle, which I've touched on in other threads.

And truth and integrity get buried in the sensationalism, due in part to the above.

edit on 15-1-2017 by Liquesence because: Link

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Trumps constant use of Twitter will make him the most honest President America has ever had. As long as he continues to use Twitter while he is President and by passing the media by not talking to them then there is no way they can chop up what he says and make it sound like he is saying something else. The beauty of Twitter is you can have direct quotes where anyone can look them up. Every thing from spelling mistakes to grammar makes him more Human than a Politician who has everything presented to him by a Professional Writer and Spell Checker. Hell even Trump Tower being in the middle of NYC the Media can keep 24 hour 7 day a week coverage of who is coming in and out of the New White House. I don't know how much more transparency you can get.

Hang on........its........jan 15 and there I thought it was April 1st.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
He should play safe first until he got info on JFK ,9-11, area 51, etc.
He will be lied to on these issues anyway an unable to disclose any thing.
National security will shut him down eventually.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I can agree with your main points. Though I think it's worth noting that the SPJ wasn't established until 1909. So I think it's safe to say the Founders didn't set up "freedom of speech" based on the SPJ's interpretations of the phrase.

And though I agree about today's flow of information, I see it in a different light. The way I see it, we're in the Information Age now. For the first time in history, normal citizens can get information directly from the mouths of sources from all over the world in real time. There are still mountains of propaganda out there, but every citizen can at least read the books, reports, transcripts, or press releases for ourselves instead of relying on commentators and reporters to interpret them for us. So the greatest skill now may be learning how to navigate the avalanche of information and propaganda.

Just a century ago, there was no way a normal American citizen could see most reports from foreign governments. They were lucky if their local library even had the most popular international newspapers. Now, I can read my State legislature's latest proposed bills or go on Iran's leader's official website & read his latest fatwas on a whim.

The point I'm making is that citizens can only be duped by the modern sensationalized media if we allow ourselves to be duped by it. The truth is out there and it's easier to find than at any other time in recorded history.
edit on 16-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: weird formatting snafu

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Seems to me Trump is already the most Full of BS man ever to run for President. I mean, half the stuff he said during the campaign was either a lie or in error.

And politicians are notoriously full of crap, so that's quite an accomplishment.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Donald Trump does not want paying to be President and funded his own campaign, He is a red blooded male (Alpha) which all the BETAS have needed for many a year, it feels like a trap. He is as corrupt as the rest of them but I can not help but feel from the perspective of watching all this from over the pond that he is a little more about the people than big business. I hope that unlike our Brexit it is not all empty promises from him for you guys. It would be nice to put FOX or CNN on and not watch men in the isles basically saying that they want to go to War with Russia and China??? you guys must just feel like your in constant war I do not think I have watched a day in the last year (had a bit of time off work lately) where the American news is not ramping up effort to bomb somewhere or go to war. I hope Donald T does try and repair relations with Russia as from a world view its not nice to think that your two bully brothers may go at it.

It will either be good for you or will be the Joke that on paper it looked like from the start. I mean come on its been a very odd campaign and seemed very dumbed down this time around.

Infact I really don't know? (which is really bad) but it is my business because as much as I dislike your lack of real history you are the biggest little brother England has, so I am hoping whatever moves DT makes its for the good of your people because like us over here you have had it rough for years. Something has to change if not then revolutions are manufactured as (there really are way more of you than there are them) If it does not work out Storm the Whitehouse and take back what's yours. Its probably TPTB final chance as there has been an awakening since 9/11 and more and more sheeple are getting fed up at the wolves on wall street.

Whatever happens, Good Luck over there! oh and I just saw a snip on FOX about how DT is one of the most probable to be assassinated? Your MSM is crazy!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Stevemagegod

And what if what he is Tweeting is not accurate? I mean, not that Cheeto Jesus would ever tell a fib or anything, I'm just throwing a hypothetical out there.

Then it's not accurate. Whatever that means.

Have you no mind of your own?

How would you know what is what??

Wait for CNN to tell you?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
You forgot pussy grabbing, wall building, climate change denying, tax dodging, sh*t spewing demagogue.

You forgot...hmm, what are some other buzzwords we can use to attempt to demonise and discredit somebody who goes against the liberal status quo...oh right: misogynistic, xenophobic, racist and so on.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

The status quo is not liberal or conservative in origin. It is simply a construction developed by the super rich of both overt persuasions, whose actual loyalty lay with whomever or whatever promotes, protects and best obfuscates their amoral objectives, those being the quiet enslavement of the entire globe as part of their all consuming money printing system.

Stop trying to make out the status quo was designed by either group, and your opinions might hold better water.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yep this is the bizzaro world we are currently living in.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your reply would mean something if the status quo were a rigid, unchanging constant, unaffected by societal norms, values, public opinion and media. Since in reality the status quo IS affected by those things, and the fact that the status quo 1000 years ago was very different in most ways to the current status quo of today, you are simply misguided. Why focus on the origins of something when its current nature is what actually affects us?

Where exactly did I make out that the status quo was designed by any group?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

You forgot pussy grabbing, wall building, climate change denying, tax dodging, sh*t spewing demagogue.

You forgot...hmm, what are some other buzzwords we can use to attempt to demonise and discredit somebody who goes against the liberal status quo...oh right: misogynistic, xenophobic, racist and so on.

They're not "buzzwords" if they are true.

What are we supposed to do? Praise Trump as the all-encompassing God of Everything That Is Good and Right? Is that what you want? Unquestioning adoration?

Sounds dangerously close to a dictatorship to me.

edit on 16/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

You don't know they are true, you only speculate that they are. Probably due to media programming.

What are we supposed to do? Praise Trump as the all-encompassing God of Everything That Is Good and Right? Is that what you want? Unquestioning adoration?

Why do you feel it's an either "Trump is the spawn of Satan OR Trump is a benevolent Angel who would not harm a fly" scenario? You know, it's possible to take a more centric (grey area) approach.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

You did not, and yet it is.

The status quo is not guided or shaped by society nearly so much as it is by the people who own everything around you, who will pass on that ownership only to people who attain similar wealth and status to their own, and buy influence out from under them. Some will pass on their place at the top to their heirs, like feudal lords of old.

All that you have, all that society has become, is all that it has been ALLOWED to become. The people have no real power, only the pretence, the impression of power. Therefore, the state of the society, the status quo as it exists right now, exists in its current state as a result of the machinations of the powerful few, far more than it has anything to do with the wishes and objectives of the powerless masses.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

You don't know they are true, you only speculate that they are. Probably due to media programming.

No, more due to my eyes and ears.

You know, it's possible to take a more centric (grey area) approach.

In this particular case, not really.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join