It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hill Republicans try to ease purchase of gun 'silencers', as NRA-backed Trump arrives

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

suppressors should be cheap and easily accessible, all across the US

Why stop there? Let's give everyone flame throwers and grenades too so we can all kill each other more easily.

I think you've watched too many movies.

Silencers don't (or rarely) make firearms "quiet". They just take the hard edge off the sound, which reduces the overall noise exposure of the person shooting (ear protection is still a good idea to avoid issues with prolonged exposure) as well as other users of the range, and reduces the noise pollution for people who live or work close to the range.

Also, flamethrowers are legal to own without restriction. Grenades are also legal if you pay the tax. In fact, they're legal to make if you file the paperwork and pay the fees.

Your point is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: roadgravel

This has been discussed many times.

If you don't know the answer by now then you are being purposefully obtuse.

Discussed here?

Thanks for the useless response.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

As usual you will double down on feigning ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

What is the purpose for ownership other than just because?

That's the single best reason for owning anything.

Who are you to set yourself up as judge & jury over why people should choose to purchase anything? Why should anyone need to meet your criteria for "purpose"?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The people that don't want us to have these things still haven't understood why Trump won.

And it's so damn simple.

We are tired of you people telling us what we need and don't need.

The American people are so feed up is why Trump won.

Hell they thought what the hell let's just roll a grande under the white house door and see how they like that.

Trump is that grande.
edit on 16-1-2017 by grayghost because:

edit on 16-1-2017 by grayghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Everyone should have one of these:

en.wikipedia.org...

Fascinating old school weapon, which had features one might find very desirable in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is pretty cool. I shall endeavor to get one and keep it next to my Blunderbuss.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

A GOP POTUS and Congress and thats it???

In no particular order:

1). Dismantle and eliminate the BATFE.
2). Dismantle and eliminate NICS.
3). Repeal BOTH NFA's.
4). Repeal Bush Sr's Import Ban.
5). Instruct the Justice Department to go after states like NY, NJ and CA which have declared war on the 2A.

I doubt 'that's it'. I would expect that this is just the start of it. This piece of legislation has already been written, having been introduced in a previous session, and is sitting there ready to go. If they're successful in moving that one, the stupid, outdated and pointless SBR rules would be the next logical step, and if both were eliminated, it would largely pull the NFA's teeth. I would also expect that Trump will be rescinding several anti-2A executive orders, quite possibly including that Bush Sr import ban you speak of, and also will nominate at least one pro-2A Supreme Court justice during his term, as well as the same for the 100+ current lower federal court vacancies as well.

At this point, it may be time for the GOP to also start pushing for a Constitutional amendment designed to strengthen gun rights permanently and address the ways the antis are attempting to undermine 2A and be done with it for good.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Everyone should have one of these:

en.wikipedia.org...

Fascinating old school weapon, which had features one might find very desirable in this day and age.

UK (civilian) legal ones aren't quite as effective as the originals, due to the changes needed to meet the minimum barrel length requirements. Longer barrel (which has a tendency to push the normally subsonic .45 into supersonic territory) and lack of barrel porting.

I've had one on the wish list for many, many years, but not enough to justify diverting funds into it. Plenty of other things to buy first!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I should have said "everyone who is not living in a nation where the law compensates for stupidity and a refusal to effectively treat and secure the mentally ill, by reducing everyone's access to interesting objects, should have one of these!"

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: EvillerBob

I should have said "everyone who is not living in a nation where the law compensates for stupidity and a refusal to effectively treat and secure the mentally ill, by reducing everyone's access to interesting objects, should have one of these!"

I think most of us understood that, but ya know, there are those people...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join