It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being OBNOXIOUS at the Fast Food Place or Restaurant?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have this theory:
If I don't know, can't taste it and it does me no harm, I really don't care.
If I ever find one bad thing, I stop using the establishment [if they get arsy about it].
People who work most of the time often look forward to getting food cooked for them. They are often the opposite of lazy. Whilst you do your job, they do theirs.

Even the lazy ones should be treated as if the sun shines out of their backside, because the more of them use the establishment, the more money comes in. They do pay for the food.

Last but not least, if people hire spotty teens, who find stuff like that funny, that's what you get. Of course there are older assholes too but it gets less amusing the older you get, so the chances are lower.

And last but not least, to all those idiots that do that to food:

You will eat out one day. You will bring your kids somewhere for a treat, you will wine and dine your date. Guess what?
What goes round comes around. Unless you are a solution to this problem, you'll end up with just as much spunk, spit or whatever in your mouth as you dished out.

With that, I am ordering us now a couple of kebabs from our local Kebab shop. Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We cook a lot of our food, but we do eat out occasionally.

Generally, we treat people well and are not difficult. Husband can be tough if his steak is overdone, and I like my salad dressing on the side.

I hate having to send food back, so I usually won't unless something really got messed up. And we always say please and thank you to our wait staff.

We usually like the little taco dives and places that are hole-in-the-wall where you get the great food for the best price. The places where they are always busy and when you look around, at least half the clientele is the ethnicity of the place the food is from.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If you are that concerned with people dropping a lung oyster on your sammie they have these things called 'open kitchens'.

Go eat there.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Upset? Why do you think that? "gee", like you would say, grow up. If a sandwich is cooking in your world, you´re not supposed to prepare food anyways.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You know in all honesty, when I had worked with food I never saw any of the such happen, if it did, you would be fired, and we might all lynch you outside later.

Crop dusting though, thats a completely different issue, and you cannot barricade thyself from it.

edit on 15-1-2017 by Lysergic because: lol wtf keyboard

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here's a thought...... instead of going into a restaurant with a big bad superior attitude acting all condescending.... go there as a friend of the establishment. You know, where all the people working there take time to wave or greet you as a friend, a valued customer, someone their happy to see again.

It takes so little to treat people decent, to show appreciation, and acknowledge them as decent hard working and valued too.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I been in the biz since I was a teen.

All these things probbaly do happen. I haven't seen too much , but have seen some.

I'd say a good rule is the higher quality/ more expensive the establishment is, better chance of quality experience. Open kitchens help.
McD it Applebee's workers don't give a crap because they aren't paid to, and they are not "really "cooking so any .. "artistic integrity" you may find from an aspiring chef is basically out the window.

When I worked at Burger King as a teen all I cared about was my next smoke break and not getting caught drinking airplane shots ... anything else was just hanging with my buddies.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And sometimes they just do gross stuff for fun, not just for difficult customers.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The nutritional quality of food at fast food places sucks, that is why it tastes so good.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's best to just be as nice as posible but most people won't spit in ur food but if ur flat out rude people do mean things

Most the time the servers and cooks hate eatchother be nicer to the busses and runners they normally know the cooks better

Worst thing iv seen is some woman snapped her fingers at my coworker and called him boy
Her dishes silverware glass everything where dirty when served

Workers want u to eat there we all need business for money but if u make someone want u to get sick u just might

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Face it, nice customers get the best service.
I finished a job on a roof last week and the owner of the next door property made us tea so I ended up sealing hers up for free as I was up there anyway.

If she'd been a miserable bitch I would have charged her £200 at least, and she would have paid it for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
While reading your post, a scene from the movie "The Help" came to mind.

I have never understood how people who consider themselves superior to others would be stupid enough to mistreat the people that clean their homes, fix their food, or care for their children.

Having been a servant my entire life, I understand the importance of treating all people with decorum and respect.

I have never worked in the food industry, but I too have heard many a vengeful tale about how a poorly treated worker had creatively gotten back at their abuser. It doesn't start or stop in a restaurant or just with food handlers.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have always been polite and courteous in fast food restaurants, and I have been burned so many times, the last time was a month ago, where I got sick from the food and my friend swore there was a large amount of spit on her burrito and refused to eat it because it was slimey.

I have had semen deposited on my french fries. What seemed like spit on my burgers....and the worst was in Los Angeles in 1979, I was working swing shift and ordered a burger. It had a lot of heroin on it, I got sick as a dog and was hallucinating and everything seemed a million miles away...the floor...the end of the hallway.....I couldn't stop vomiting and I slept for 3 days afterward.

My daughter worked at a chain sandwich shop and she was angry her manager made her cut the onions, so she spit repeatedly in the vat of onions. How many people ate spitty onions that day?? I was shocked and angry.

This is why I miss In-N-Out Burgers....you can see EVERYTHING they do and watch from start to finish. Beyond that, I prefer locally owned small restaurants where the people are our neighbors. It seems that the fast food restaurants here in the south are full of managers who don't follow food safety precautions (as evidenced by how many times I've gotten sick after eating there), and employees who think bodily fluids on stranger's food is funny.

edit on 15-1-2017 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Heroin on your burger?!!
What self respecting addict would A be working, and B waste their brown spoiling someone else's burger?!

*edit*
I don't believe you.
edit on 15.1.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I said this was in 1979.....and I do not waste my time telling stories that aren't true. It happened, but it took me a while to figure out what it was and what happened to me, because I was 18 years old and had never done drugs at that time except the occasional joint.

These days, nobody would waste their drugs on a burger, they're hard enough to score. Back then, people were a little looser with their stash. You're probably not old enough to remember.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I have fired many for this type of behavior and reported those that I did see,

Any one with an attention span outside of posting 1 liner's in Facebook can get a feel of your diatribe - "warning, do not upset the cook...even if your food is terrible ...shut up ...tip us...or there will be consequences"

Different in Australia, you mean Kangaroo or Koala poop is used instead?

We dont go hunting for koalas like you do elks for food in the States. Pretty cheap shot of your's. Having been in the restaurant & cafe business as an owner and employee I can see it takes a certain mindset putting up with the pressure of the heat in the back and the customers in the front. I really think you need a holiday.

The fact that you didn't even show more examples of what active measures you took in objecting to the unhygienic practises in your opening post speaks for itself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In your thread about making some boiled pork shops you said

I do not worry about cutting boards

without any context, what does that even mean. Any one who has ever picked up a recipe from the net, especially from a cooking professional background would have laid out the recipe & method more formally.

Just keep in mind that those customers who you lump into a general group that they are lazy because they eat out do keep your industry viable. But I guess your contempt comes from the fact that you have never really nurtured their $ and repeat clientele because you have never had the courage to open up your own establishment and committed your own funds to the venture. All you see is a churn of "covers" or "plates" and tips or lack thereof.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
and this is why I never eat out, if I`m going to be away from home long enough I take food with me sandwiches or something.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I cant ever recall such drastic measures taken in Australia but no doubt it has happened. We had a factory that was instrumental in the death of a child.

www.agrifood.info...

Workers at the Garibaldi Smallgoods factory had seen it before. Company director and man-in-charge of production, Mr Luciano Marchi, was on the rampage. Through the factory floor, checking boning bins and equipment, chiding workers if they were unhygienic or wasteful; he was feared but he was respected and in some cases, liked. He had plenty to do. The place was humming.

Not as much as in previous years when workers had plenty of overtime and the economy was moving; or when his co-founding partner Mr Mario Vallorani worked regularly, before he became ill. But there were plenty of orders from supermarket chains, pizza franchises and small, continental delicatessens, stocking up on metwursts and salamis and smallgoods for Christmas last year. Sure, there had been hitches but nothing unusual for a factory that serviced hundreds of clients not only in South Australia but also in Victoria, Tasmania and the Northern Territory. Machines sometimes broke down. At Garibaldi, a robot filler used to put sausage meat in skins went on the blink for days. But production went on, turning frozen and chilled meat into smallgoods. The meat was boned on the premises but also imported and, last year; a new supplier had sent mutton from Victoria. Mutton was the source meat for Garibaldi 1 s metwursts, which claimed a sizeable part of South Australia's metwurst market. Of course, mutton was not the only meat being wheeled into the factory production area every day. There was beef for salami and pork fat, to blend with the other meats, and bins of old off cuts and returned goods, which would be reworked into a cooked product called salami cotto, or in other circles, pizza topping. Sometime workers would notice the meat was off. Sometimes, it was green, slimy and smelly. They would tell a supervisor, who would tell a director and the shipment would be sent back, although some workers swear these were never returned but instead were used. Out of the room where the meats were blended, spices added and the mixture filled into skins making them recognisable as sausage, were places where uncooked smallgoods fermented and matured.
But this did not prevent a major health crisis in South Australia, causing the death of one four year old child, and the hospitalisation of 24 others, most of whom required dialysis. The cause of the child's death, according to the Coroner Wayne Chivell, was the result of eating Garibaldi metwurst, believed to embody E.Coli 0111.

This forced a change in the industry - corner store butcher shops could not make their own cured meat or sausages.
If it wasnt so cold I could live in Canada....

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

exactly

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How this or why this got moved to the rant forum is beyond laughable, since it was not a rant, Hmmmmmm, whatever, if you can not recognize what this was intended to me, an informative and friendly reminder to not act obnoxious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join