It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumptin and our Iranian friends???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: banjobrain

Nobody ever said that Trump would be a conventional leader......

The people that voted him in were the ones who didn't want a conventional leader.

Change is coming to the USA.

Enjoy the ride.

That's a nice way to put it.

It is more like liberal voters who like Obamacare, voting for a politician who is hellbent on destroying Obamacare,
all the while vocalizing

"Yay, Obamacare is great!"

it makes no sense.

Not in a clever way either...

You guys put one confused ass guy in charge of everything.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Oh dear....

I am not from the USA, nor would I have voted for Trump if I were.

But.....

Now that he is President Elect I am watching what he does with an open mind. American politics affect the entire globe.

I don't give a damn about which way Trump is supposed to swing politically, I am interested in what he will actually do.

Meanwhile in America's new capital, Moscow (according to you, that is) people are freezing to death

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Your view on foreign policies is laughable at best. It all boils down to money and who TPTB align themselves with at the time that is most beneficial.

In the 80's we supplied Iran with tons of arms.

"Dynamic political evolution is taking place inside Iran. Instability caused by the pressures of the Iraq-Iran war, economic deterioration and regime in-fighting create the potential for major changes inside Iran. The Soviet Union is better positioned than the U.S. to exploit and benefit from any power struggle that results in changes from the Iranian regime...The U.S should encourage Western allies and friends to help Iran meet its import requirements so as to reduce the attractiveness of Soviet assistance...This includes provision of selected military equipment".[24]

The following arms were supplied to Iran:[39]
[40] August 20, 1985 – 96 TOW anti-tank missiles
September 14, 1985 – 408 more TOWs
November 24, 1985 – 18 Hawk anti-aircraft missiles
February 17, 1986 – 500 TOWs
February 27, 1986 – 500 TOWs May 24, 1986 – 508 TOWs, 240 Hawk spare parts
August 4, 1986 – More Hawk spares October 28, 1986 – 500 TOWs

Iran-Contra Affair

Times change, governments change, allies change all in favor of the holy dollar.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

The whole point of the US intervention in Syria is not to free the Syrian from Assad, it is to fuel a proxy war with the goal to keep Israel's nuclear hegemony in the area.

Now, the US is about to pay 38 billions to a rogue nuclear apartheid state presented by the MSM as 'the only democracy in the ME'. This being totally illegal given that the US cannot theoriticaly engage in into miliatry cooperation with countries than didn't ratify the non-proliferation treaty.

The problem is that while Israel pushes to keep its nuclear supremacy, all other US allies are now rushing to Tehran to sign commercial deals since the sanctions are lifted. And the US will now find itself isolated trying to push for sanctions that have no reason to exist anymore. Don't expect any support from Moscow against the Iranians, while Trump keeps on saying that he will repeal the deal in order to please the supporters of the zionist state.

That 38 billion package and the Iran sanctions are going to be a huge banana peel under the feet of the Trump presidency.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The spin into Russia really weakened you argument. First, there's no doubt Russia- and every damn nation out there, including Canada- has been influencing or trying to influence U.S. affairs for decades. As the U.S. does to their's

Influencing the election? Left-wing bull crap that has moved us closer to WWIII.

As far as the Iran comments? Yes. Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran's puppet, Syria and the unending interference in Judea/Palestine is more than enough evidence of 'Persian' intentions

The other players with bad intentions do receive less 'ink' than Iran, I will agree. Saudi Arabia, Turkey are likely the equal of Iran in being nasty players, yet the one difference is the development of nuclear weapons.

Let the 'wonderful' Iranians nuke up and these other two will be right behind Iran.

I would even consider military intervention as a better choice than where this is headed now. JMO

edit on 15-1-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Obama gives Iran the money to buy weapons.
Obama administration lifts sanctions against Iran.
Russia sells weapons to Iran.
Russia (supposedly) releases DNC emails, information that proves corruption in the left's political machine as well as Clinton campaign.

Trump is at fault.

Makes perfect sense. If you are a Democrat.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Why is Iran our enemy again?

Asking seriously.

IIRC, we overthrew their government in 1953 and installed a dictator until he was finally ousted 20 years later during the revolution in which they stormed our embassy.

As retaliation for deposing our dictator, we then had Saddam attack, arming both sides resulting in a million deaths.

I can understand why they might have a problem with us but what do we have against them?

I mean, I know we're supposed to hate them, I'm just not sure why.

And a more evil opressive government took the Shahs place. Thus we are where we are today with Iran (and the rest of the Middle East as well)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Fact of the matter is America has a mutual interest with Iran at the moment, the destruction of the Islamic State.

Cooperation on that issue would certainly be beneficial for all concerned.

You dont go all kissie-poo with an enemy to defeat an enemy . You do it yourself .Shame Obama is a sympathizer to the ISIS cause , and didnt have the "cahoneys" to do the job.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

He's more than a sympathizer, more like a collaborator.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Oh dear....

I am not from the USA, nor would I have voted for Trump if I were.

But.....

Now that he is President Elect I am watching what he does with an open mind. American politics affect the entire globe.

I don't give a damn about which way Trump is supposed to swing politically, I am interested in what he will actually do.

Meanwhile in America's new capital, Moscow (according to you, that is) people are freezing to death

Well then it makes sense why you are not following what I am saying.

I am just saying the party that Trump is representing and the people who make up that party have been, for years
screeching about how dangerous Iran is. Now they are still screeching about the dangers of Iran, but the party and the people are too brainwashed or many stupid to see that Russia and Putin are funding and arming Iran. It is called a contradiction,
and a very substantial one at that. America is going stark raving mad

I actually like Russians, I take issue with my country going absolutely psychotic in mass.
My countrymen are responsible for the terrible things in America because they are not thoughtful and they put their political affiliations above logic and truth. I hope our new co-leader is staying warm and toasty

edit on 15-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The spin into Russia really weakened you argument. First, there's no doubt Russia- and every damn nation out there, including Canada- has been influencing or trying to influence U.S. affairs for decades. As the U.S. does to their's

Influencing the election? Left-wing bull crap that has moved us closer to WWIII.

As far as the Iran comments? Yes. Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran's puppet, Syria and the unending interference in Judea/Palestine is more than enough evidence of 'Persian' intentions

The other players with bad intentions do receive less 'ink' than Iran, I will agree. Saudi Arabia, Turkey are likely the equal of Iran in being nasty players, yet the one difference is the development of nuclear weapons.

Let the 'wonderful' Iranians nuke up and these other two will be right behind Iran.

I would even consider military intervention as a better choice than where this is headed now. JMO

The spin into Russia was my entire point... Conservative America has been fearing Iran and the military threat they pose for
at least 15 years now, AXIS OF EVIL... But now, Trump is aligning with Putin, who is directly arming and funding the Iranian regime who Trump's own party and new CIA director think is a dangerous regime. It makes no sense, to fear Iran if we are gonna join Russia, and it makes no sense to align with Russia if Iran is dangerous.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Obama gives Iran the money to buy weapons.
Obama administration lifts sanctions against Iran.
Russia sells weapons to Iran.
Russia (supposedly) releases DNC emails, information that proves corruption in the left's political machine as well as Clinton campaign.

Trump is at fault.

Makes perfect sense. If you are a Democrat.

Wow man, you either did not read the thread or you are denser than a slab of granite.

Trump supports love Putin
Republicans hate Iran (AXIS OF EVIL)
Putin is funding the Iranian regime
Putin is arming Iran
Republicans seem to love Putin these days, even though he is funding and arming Iran.

It's got electrolytes

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The Russian support of Iran goes back to the '70s. Yes, your right on the Russian support for Iran.

Russian can say the same of the U.S. for Iraq. So by your logic we should NOT improve relations with Russia due to Iran?? Maintain the same old demands that have gotten us and Russia nowhere for over 4 decades?

Making a fresh start with Russia not only 'makes sense', it may be the only route to lengthy peace. There are and likely will remain many disagreements between the two. Business as usual will give us the same old, same old, yes?

There is nothing to lose in Trump making the attempt with Putin. Iran has been getting closer to China lately as well, IIRC.

I do not believe Putin wants a nuclear Iran on it's border any more than China likes a nuclear NK on theirs....

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The Russian support of Iran goes back to the '70s. Yes, your right on the Russian support for Iran.

Russian can say the same of the U.S. for Iraq. So by your logic we should NOT improve relations with Russia due to Iran?? Maintain the same old demands that have gotten us and Russia nowhere for over 4 decades?

Making a fresh start with Russia not only 'makes sense', it may be the only route to lengthy peace. There are and likely will remain many disagreements between the two. Business as usual will give us the same old, same old, yes?

There is nothing to lose in Trump making the attempt with Putin. Iran has been getting closer to China lately as well, IIRC.

I do not believe Putin wants a nuclear Iran on it's border any more than China likes a nuclear NK on theirs....

My point is, the people and party who have elected Trump are holding two contrary positions. Iran is evil, but let's
be very close to the guy arming "evil" Iran with weapons that pose a threat to the USA.

While Trump is embracing Putin, Putin is arming Iran, however, Trump's new CIA director keeps saying how dangerous Iran is.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I get your point. Craziness, to say the least.

Still, better to make an effort. Use the Administration change and the obvious distaste between Obama and Putin to be relegated to the past.

Can't hurt to try and if it doesn't work, sobeit.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I get your point. Craziness, to say the least.

Still, better to make an effort. Use the Administration change and the obvious distaste between Obama and Putin to be relegated to the past.

Can't hurt to try and if it doesn't work, sobeit.

Ok, if you can see it, that satisfies me.

I wish the best for America, for all of us here actually, even the ones I disagree with

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
The second pic shows a burn victim (probably due to a result of war) holding up a pic, I assume is of a loved one he lost in a conflict, I don't get where this pic sits in your narrative of it all, i mean to me it seems this is an Iranian man suffering phsically and emotionally..

The second picture is of a WOMAN showing what she looked before some piece of trash did that to her. You should probably make more thought out posts when discussing these things rather than flying off the handle calling people snowflakes. Because you are the one acting like the snowflake that just landed under a heat lamp KID.
Is it because you are defending a barbaric practice known as wahhabism and deep down you know it?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Is it because you are defending a barbaric practice known as wahhabism and deep down you know it?

Well, considering I've never heard of it until now, that's highly unlikely. I am.interested in why US should see Iran as an enemy, a point sidestepped.by the person I was responding to. And cheers for the Kid comment, it's been a few years since I was last described with such youth...
edit on 16/1/17 by djz3ro because: I had to remove the "."'s my phone kept putting in place of a space...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
The culture in Iran that overthrew the horrible western freedom culture is as alien to the iranians as any other culture, wahhabism that turned half their population into cattle.

Now that's one HUGE BS man ...

Can you please explain how wahabism, a hardcore form of Sunni Islam, is supposed to be ruling the life of Iranian people ?
Iran is mainly following Shia Islam while wahabism, related to Sunni Islam is the hardcore doctrine behind most current form of Islamic terrorism. The wahabist countries are US allies in the region : Saudi Arabia, Quatar and other oil rich gulf states. Plus, of course, ISIS itself.

a reply to: djz3ro

I hope the above statement will help you understand what wahabism is.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I guess it was how all this was reported that started Trump out on the defense. With just about all of the Government, the Media, Hollywood etc...well everyone, but the voters against Trump, the whole DNC email fiasco was not reported correctly. Instead of suggesting that the DNC failed to secure their system, or that they most likely had an insider Berry supporter leak, they went full retard and suggested Trump was working with the Russians to win the elections, and that is why Hillary lost.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join