It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumptin and our Iranian friends???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

For many years American conservatives have been critical of president Obama for not being tougher on Iran. Many conservatives state that Obama's policies are dangerous because Iran could become a threat to America.

Bellow substantiates the conservative consensus, so people don't try to lie about this obvious public position in my thread.

Palin slamming Obama for letting Iran become a military threat

Hannity and TRUMP bashing Obama for emboldening Iran and even communicating with Iran.Trump says it's a disgrace, etc, etc, etc

Fox and Pau Ryan chastising Obama for "coddling Iran"

Is anyone going to argue that conservatives have been saying to fear Iran and that Iran is a dangerous nation?

Well now we have yet further evidence that conservatives and Trump supporters are not thinking clearly and are acting absolutely insane.

Trump supporters have been stating that Donald Trump has not been involved with Russia, that the CIA , the FBI, the Media and the entire establishment is making it all up.

Yet just recently Trump admitted the Russia has been meddling in US affairs.

Russian officials have been saying that they have been in direct contact with Trump for some time.

"There were contacts," Interfax cited Ryabkov as saying. "We are doing this and have been doing this during the election campaign."
Such contacts would continue, he added, saying the Russian government knew and had been in touch with many of Trump's closest allies. He did not name names."Obviously, we know most of the people from his (Trump's)entourage. Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions," he said. "I cannot say that all of them, but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives."

www.reuters.com...

Conservatives, Trump supporters, here is my point; Russia has not only been hacking and meddling with our sovereign affairs, but they are completely undermining US sanctions against Iran and are actually looking to help fund Iran, arm Iran and even provide Iran with nuclear material.

Russia circumvents sanctions so Iran can strengthen their economy.

www.bloomberg.com...

Russian companies including Gazprom PJSC signed a raft of initial agreements with Iran that could lead to contracts worth billions of dollars, as Energy Minister Alexander Novak outlined Russia’s ambition to become a major investor in the Persian Gulf nation

A Russian delegation to Tehran signed nine agreements in industries ranging from energy to railways. Gazprom reached an unspecified accord with Iran’s state natural gas company, and its subsidiary Gazprom Neft PJSCsigned a deal to study the Cheshmeh-Khosh and Changuleh oil fields. State-run Gazprom is the third Russian energy company to sign a memorandum of understanding with Iran, joining Lukoil PJSC and Zarubezhneft OAO.

Russia is ALSO going to sell Iran 10 Billion Dollars of Arms, defensive and offensive systems.

thediplomat.com...

“The package of contracts that have been discussed by now and Iran’s demand are estimated at about $10 billion...”
the chairman of the Russian Federation Council’s defense and security committee, Viktor Ozerov, said.

On top of it ALL, Putin and Russia will provide Iran with Nuclear material,

Iran is set to receive a massive shipment of natural uranium from Russia -- enough, potentially, for several bombs, diplomats said Monday, highlighting a move that could give the Islamic Republic major leverage if the U.S. tries dismantling the controversial nuclear deal.

www.foxnews.com...

Trump supporters and conservatives have become so out of touch with reality that they are now aligning with the Country and foreign president who is actually gonna arm Iran. What happened to the years of opposing Iran and the threat it represents??? It seems like the insanity just keeps growing and growing everyday, and the contrarian psychological dissonance I keep seeing is alarming to say the least. Once again I must ask, what the hell is doing on here?
edit on 15-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

Why is Iran our enemy again?

Asking seriously.

IIRC, we overthrew their government in 1953 and installed a dictator until he was finally ousted 20 years later during the revolution in which they stormed our embassy.

As retaliation for deposing our dictator, we then had Saddam attack, arming both sides resulting in a million deaths.

I can understand why they might have a problem with us but what do we have against them?

I mean, I know we're supposed to hate them, I'm just not sure why.

edit on 15-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Very nice framing of a issue that will no doubt show the hypocracy of the sudden 180 stance the right has had.

I look forward to the comments (I imagine mostly calling you a snowflake and general "but clinton" deflection)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Bahahahaha, persistent wee thing aren't we?

First off, if Iran is a threat now, that is OBAMA's fault for lifting sanctions.

Secondly, Russia has friends. Different friends than us. Iran is no more of a threat than Saudi Arabia is - Saudi Arabia has threatened Russia more than once with terrorist attacks.

Germany condemned Saudi Arabia for funding radical Islamists in Dec 2015.

www.reuters.com...

Furthemore, there is real belief that the Iran / Russia alliance could be a fragile one and that Putin might dump them, all starry eyed over the prospects of making more high profile friends, aka the USA

Some Iranian hard-liners, who point to past Russian double-dealing, have publicly worried that Russian President Vladimir Putin could side with Trump in the event the incoming U.S. president decides to rip up the nuclear deal — especially if Washington offers, in exchange, recognition of Russia's 2014 annexation of Crime

www.voanews.com...

Before you go engaging in kitchen politics, make sure you look at the big picture.

This Russia = the boogeyman propaganda you are spouting is getting tiring.
edit on 15-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Fact of the matter is America has a mutual interest with Iran at the moment, the destruction of the Islamic State.

Cooperation on that issue would certainly be beneficial for all concerned.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Why is Iran our enemy again?

Asking seriously.

IIRC, we overthrew their government in 1953 and installed a dictator until he was finally ousted 20 years later during the revolution when they stormed our embassy.

As retaliation for deposing our dictator, we then had Saddam attack, arming both sides resulting in a million deaths.

I can understand why they might have a problem with us but what do we have against them?

I guess because America cannot control the Iranian Regime I'd suspect.

The point of the thread is that the same people who are defending Trump and Putin's close relationship, the same people
who are against the CIA, FBI and media about the recent disclosures about Trump and Russia are ignoring Putin is promoting Iran and even building them up.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Cant imagine

Such a lovely culture.

Anyhow, this is a picture right after the revolution of women protesting the hijab and standing for womans freedoms

(spoiler alert: they lost)

The culture in Iran that overthrew the horrible western freedom culture is as alien to the iranians as any other culture, wahhabism that turned half their population into cattle.

But no, please tell me more about how America is horrible...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Bahahahaha, persistent wee thing aren't we?

First off, if Iran is a threat now, that is OBAMA's fault for lifting sanctions.

Secondly, Russia has friends. Different friends than us. Iran is no more of a threat than Saudi Arabia is - Saudi Arabia has threatened Russia more than once with terrorist attacks.

Germany condemned Saudi Arabia for funding radical Islamists in Dec 2015.

www.reuters.com...

Furthemore, there is real belief that the Iran / Russia alliance could be a fragile one and that Putin might dump them, all starry eyed over the prospects of making more high profile friends, aka the USA

Some Iranian hard-liners, who point to past Russian double-dealing, have publicly worried that Russian President Vladimir Putin could side with Trump in the event the incoming U.S. president decides to rip up the nuclear deal — especially if Washington offers, in exchange, recognition of Russia's 2014 annexation of Crime

www.voanews.com...

Before you go engaging in kitchen politics, make sure you look at the big picture.

This Russia = the boogeyman propaganda you are spouting is getting tiring.

You are talking about Obama, meanwhile your boy Putin is ARMING IRAN- You can't be that dense can you?

You can write, but can you read?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
And................

Who armed ISIS?

Ummmm oh yeah, that would be THE USA!!!!!

And before you sink to name calling;

Those Nukes you worry about; better read this thread, cos you got it wrong, VERY wrong....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Fact of the matter is America has a mutual interest with Iran at the moment, the destruction of the Islamic State.

Cooperation on that issue would certainly be beneficial for all concerned.

LMFAO

MAN!

You guys are like acrobats

Here is video of Mike Pompeo, Trumps CIA chief PICK rambling on for over an hour on how terrible Iran is

So if Iran is terrible, why are we aligning with Russia who is arming them?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Oh i've been saying that for a long long time. Before Trump even announced his run. It just seems like common sense to me. I've never held a particularly negative stance on Iran.
edit on -060003am1kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

And................

Who armed ISIS?

Those Nukes you worry about; better read this thread, cos you got it wrong, VERY wrong....

So that means we should be sanctioning Iran, but at the same time making best friends with the guy arming them?

The nukes story is the SAME story smart person. Your title just say OBAMA in it, it is the Russians who are supplying the material, the US is not giving them anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Like I said, we overthrew their democratically elected leader, we installed a dictator for 20 years, then punished them (when they deposed our puppet) via Saddam to the tune of a million deaths.

So I understand their anger towards us.

Your post doesnt help me to understand our anger towards them. Because women had to wear a head scarf?

We didnt seem to care much about "women's rights" when the CIA and Mossad were training the Shah's SAVAK on how to torture its own citizens, with specific "techniques" for women.

edit on 15-1-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The most logical thing to do now is to sit back and enjoy the show. [if you are far from the plebs and their plebeian issues safely in your gated community or property abroad ]

Seriously, the future is not a place we're going, but a place we're creating.

These are curious times. Im glad im here to see it all unfold.

The "Trumputin" era.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

And................

Who armed ISIS?

So that means we should be sanctioning Iran, but at the same time making best friends with the guy arming them?

The nukes story is the SAME story smart person. Your title just say OBAMA in it, it is the Russians who are supplying the material, the US is not giving them anything.

How about instead of lowering yourself to insulting the messenger, you READ the article then

Two senior diplomats said the transfer recently approved by the U.S. and five other world powers that negotiated the nuclear deal with Iran foresees delivery of 116 metric tons (nearly 130 tons) of natural uranium.

OBAMA's administration allowed this ie Russia had the then President of the USA's blessing to deliver this. Therefore according to your logic, America is just as implicit for 'arming' Iran with nukes.

Furthermore, URANIUM is not weapons grade PLUTONIUM........

Oh I give up.....

The Reds are coming quick, panic, buy guns, buy water hell buy EVERYTHING then run, and lock yourself away from the world!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Something to do with British puppets, American puppets, heavy investment and being told to do one. No oil for you.

Or you could blame the Jews.

The OP has a point though, the right has adopted a flip-flops approach to world politics.

Russia and potentially Iran are good, it's funny really and in the long run would never settle well with Israel.

Entertaining?

Hell yeah,I'd say it is. Could be a horror show, a thriller or even a comedy. Gotta watch it and find out.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

And................

Who armed ISIS?

How about instead of lowering yourself to insulting the messenger, you READ the article then

Two senior diplomats said the transfer recently approved by the U.S. and five other world powers that negotiated the nuclear deal with Iran foresees delivery of 116 metric tons (nearly 130 tons) of natural uranium.

OBAMA's administration allowed this ie Russia had the then President of the USA's blessing to deliver this. Therefore according to your logic, America is just as implicit for 'arming' Iran with nukes.

Furthermore, URANIUM is not weapons grade PLUTONIUM........

Oh I give up.....

The Reds are coming quick, panic, buy guns, buy water hell buy EVERYTHING then run, and lock yourself away from the world!

You should give up man, you obviously don't keep up with politics.

The conservatives in America have been very vocal about how dangerous Iran is.

We have been sanctioning them and punishing the country as a whole.

Now the new president is getting super buddy buddy with the Russia who is arming Iran, Iran, the same country that conservatives and Republicans say is terribly dangerous. Even Trump's own CIA pick says Iran is terribly dangerous. It is a terrible contradiction, very big contradiction

edit on 15-1-2017 by banjobrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Cant imagine

Such a lovely culture.

Anyhow, this is a picture right after the revolution of women protesting the hijab and standing for womans freedoms

(spoiler alert: they lost)

The culture in Iran that overthrew the horrible western freedom culture is as alien to the iranians as any other culture, wahhabism that turned half their population into cattle.

You're deflecting instead of answering the question properly, snowflake. The first pic you show an American flag being burned, big deal, the Iranians have reason to hate the Americans and everything they stand for, we've already covered that angle, what reason do you have for hating Iran though? I am curious too.

The second pic shows a burn victim (probably due to a result of war) holding up a pic, I assume is of a loved one he lost in a conflict, I don't get where this pic sits in your narrative of it all, i mean to me it seems this is an Iranian man suffering phsically and emotionally. How does this make Iran bad? (a little context when it comes to your pics would go a long way).

The person you're responding to didn't say America was horrible, they asked why "Iran is bad mmkay"...
edit on 15/1/17 by djz3ro because: I don't like leaving spelling mistakes ijnm

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Wahhabism and Iran…? You’d better educate yourself before speaking about a country that you have no knowledge about!
edit on 15-1-2017 by Syphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Nobody ever said that Trump would be a conventional leader......

The people that voted him in were the ones who didn't want a conventional leader.

Change is coming to the USA.

Enjoy the ride.

<<   2 >>

join