It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure by DeLonge & Levenda, Sekret Machines: Gods (Volume 1 of Gods, Man & War)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
DeLonge is more credible because he has a very successful career behind him and something to lose. Not your average YT kiddie. If somebody can show me that he has hidden debts and is close to bankruptcy I will buy it that he is in it just for the money.
Sorry but those are totally ridiculous criteria for evaluating DeLonge's credibility on the subject of UFOs because what does a music career have to do with UFOs? Nothing. Much better criteria:

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture
Personally not a fan of what he has brought to the table of UFO theory . Comments on the AMA and on his personal twitter are all over the place. Proven hoax photos he passed off as real and may convince his music fans that do not know better but not experienced researchers.
Passing off proven hoax photos as real screams that he's clueless about UFOs.

Sacred Lore, you should know all about this since this was exposed in your thread here
twitter.com...

How is his posting fake UFO pictures not more relevant to his knowledge of UFOs than his music career that had nothing to do with UFOs?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
Well, you certainly give your best to get people to buy his "products".

If we don't look at it from an UFO investigator point of view, "Chasing Shadows" is a well written book that keeps the reader interested in the story, so for anyone wanting to read some fiction connected with UFOs it's really a good read, as it includes most of the UFO topics we see here on ATS, for example.

But if you are looking for facts and evidences you need to look elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Correct Arbitrageur. Accurate post.

I may be bias but it seems anyone that sides with Delonge is a Blink 182 fan first because any statements he seems to make are either out in left field or straight out false. Then he seems to top it off with an air of matter -of- factness.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How we supposed to get a copy of the book its not out until March

AS FOR HIS " DISCLOSURE" The only way he will have any inside information is if he was chosen by these aliens to disclose.

The self-appointed guys don't usually make out too well
edit on 15-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

DeLonge and his sources seem to think that the subject is really complex......... This could be an explanation for why an entire series of books and movies is planned.

More likely just so he can make more money!

Why should he be different?

Seriously.

Remember Whitley Streiber with his "Communion" series of books?

If it resonates with people and he is able to factually present his case, he'll probably do very well re: book sales.

I'll read it when it's available in e-book/Kindle form. I haven't read any of his books yet but I have seen a fair amount of info that he's contributed to various place, including ATS.

It has definitely piqued my interest but I'm still undecided as to his overall "theory".

We'll see...
edit on 1/15/2017 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Yup, book isn't out yet. BTW not sure where people are getting 70$ and 100$ prices. Hardcover at Barnes and Noble 19.52 preoreder. 10.99 on Nook

My OP has the link to the new book ("Gods", not "Chasing Shadows"), paper only. But it is already sold out.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

What is the fallacy of "the 9" ?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Sorry but those are totally ridiculous criteria for evaluating DeLonge's credibility on the subject of UFOs because what does a music career have to do with UFOs? Nothing.

DeLonge is more credible because he has a very successful career behind him and something to lose. Not your average YT kiddie. If somebody can show me that he has hidden debts and is close to bankruptcy I will buy it that he is in it just for the money. Otherwise, no way. He actually meets with real people who are in the position to know. This was verified for his AMA. Through Wikileaks you can even find the name of one of Tom Delonge's contacts that he refers to as "the General" (a real person holding that actual rank in present time).

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
How we supposed to get a copy of the book its not out until March

The paper book was available under the link in the OP, but is sold out now.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Thanks for mentioning Whitley Streiber with his "Communion", I was not aware of him.
There is a certain parallel with DeLonge as he seems to have been a successful artist before, so money was (hopefully) not the main motivation behind "Communion".
Was Streiber's story ever proven to be a hoax?

DeLonge sounds better, though, because his claims that he gets information from people in the military can be verified. But, indeed, one day these people will have to come forward and openly confirm DeLonge's publications. Maybe we are all underestimating what is at stake here. As Tom says, these are some very clever people and they may have excellent reasons to go slowly. I have looked up "the General" and his credentials are impressive, science background included.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If non-profit groups can get their info and SERVICES to the people they want to without selling that same info and services to those same people, then why can't a UFO researcher get that same information out to the public without selling a book?

It's just that in this jaded world, when someone successful gets into another subject and claims to be passionate about it, then goes on many mediums where many of the viewers would be interested in the subject matter, it's called marketing and doesn't really highlight the disclosure aspect.

Disclosure is supposed to be free, if you have to pay for that even in a volume 1 series and await the factual evidence then it speaks more of a sales pitch than someone interested in disclosure.

Just seems like he's finding another niche to make a living in, if I was him, I'd do the same too. If you made a living doing something you liked, why not try to do it again?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

That is a well formulated comment and I can agree with you that this is one possible explanation.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

What is the fallacy of "the 9" ?

Its an occult fallacy/conspiracy that is at least 150 years old. In brief, it's a deception involving "the Egyptian Enniad", Theosophy, UFOs and other craziness such as intelligent life on mars...all mixed up with the "new age", intelligence agencies and politics.

"The Stargate Conspiracy" by Lynn Picknett is a good intro.

Kev

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
He can't spell secret?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

yes but he can spell Sekret.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Meh.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
He can't spell secret?

The book has a small section entitled "A Note on Sekret", and this is what it says:

We are using this unusual spelling of secret quite deliberately. For all its street associations it also helps us to distinguish what we mean by secret from the usual interpretations.
The spelling "sekret" is also an Easterne European allusion, and much of what we will be discussing has Cold War associations including Soviet "sekret" machives.
In some Eastern European and Scandinavian languages, as well as in German, sekret means "secretion". This has special resonance for our thesis when we consider the nature of the Phenomenon as a "secreted" machine. This will be elaborated upon in the second and third volumes of this series.
Finally, we also want to emphasize the alternative meaning of "secret", derived from the Greek, which is "mystical".

Source

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Phage
He can't spell secret?

The book has a small section entitled "A Note on Sekret", and this is what it says:

We are using this unusual spelling of secret quite deliberately. For all its street associations it also helps us to distinguish what we mean by secret from the usual interpretations.
The spelling "sekret" is also an Easterne European allusion, and much of what we will be discussing has Cold War associations including Soviet "sekret" machives.
In some Eastern European and Scandinavian languages, as well as in German, sekret means "secretion". This has special resonance for our thesis when we consider the nature of the Phenomenon as a "secreted" machine. This will be elaborated upon in the second and third volumes of this series.
Finally, we also want to emphasize the alternative meaning of "secret", derived from the Greek, which is "mystical".

Source

And in the 4th and 5th volumes we will change the spelling back to "secret" of which will have an additional "special resonance " meanings we will elaborate on.

Then in volumes 6 and 7 we will change it back to sekret with again additional "special resonance " meanings.

Each volume is available individually for purchase. Now may I have your social security number and a major credit card number.

edit on 16-1-2017 by Paddyofurniture because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
a reply to: Paddyofurniture
Yes. When it takes three volumes to explain the (mis?)spelling of one word, it's going to be a very long and I'm sure Tom hopes very profitable series.

"secretion" in this case for some reason made me think of the "secretion" which results from the use of Olestra, maybe because the odor is similar, meaning it kind of stinks to have to buy three volumes to figure out how one word is spelled, or maybe 7 volumes if Paddyofurniture is right.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

OMG - ** BREAKING ** - what a money whore this DeLonge guy is, even colluding with this notorious 4-letter agency now. Surely they are paying him for faking the Mars landing, just as they did with the Moon. Glad I can walk on this flat earth's solid ground, though, and I always get my dope and everything in life for free. THAT's the way things have to be.

OR you turn your energy towards discovering where DeLonge's team got the following pictures from. I am too lazy to do it and nobody is paying me for it. They are from this video (0:14 and 0:17) and look quite interesting. But I definitely assume they are not new, either. I just hope they did not use stills from a SciFi movie this time.

The first one is the US military's T3-3B extensively described in "Chasing Shadows". The second one looks like the ET saucer flown by the hero towards the end of the book. Have at it.

edit on 17-1-2017 by SacredLore because: Added BREAKING!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join