It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico warns Trump on tariffs: We'll respond 'immediately'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ps I do P and L reviews end of every week so you Can move on from that little hang up you've got

Ehh, hanging up on the little things usually works on trolls that lie. What's your bottom line percentage?

My top line and bottom line has exactly zero bearing on this conversation

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Vector99

Ummmmm who said I agree with you?

The quote you just posted has nothing to do with what I said about the complicated implications on the consumer that I pointed out....

You're just jumping around , I can't even fathom how you connected those

wow

originally posted by: missed_gear

Ive owned two businesses, one of which I sold for a nice sum.....and now own another...

//snip//...

Targeted tariffs work in a free-market as it creates a thing called 'innovation' and 'invention'

a reply to: missed_gear

Totally agree with this whole post....

I take it you don't have an education in business?

I find that hilarious from someone who clearly doesnt understand what a Tariff does, just who do you suppose the burden of the higher prices on incoming goods is going to be passed down to?

Keep it up, this is fun

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Your knowledge of it means everything, I didn't ask how much you make, I just asked a percentage.

Your top and bottom line are completely unrelated by the way.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I did say it is "very basic"

Not including my liability in house and on the road, commercial rates. I pay alot just to employ.

I dropped employee health insurace with Obamacare, I could not make it work on paper prior.
In the past:
I paid 100% for employees prior, 35% for spouses and children.

mg

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I would hire, expand and pay more if the United States government got out of my way in taxes. I don't mind paying them, but make them realistic. The entire time, I am being taxed to allow cheaper goods.

Agreed , this is exactly what I stated earlier that would be more beneficial to companies here in the states

I feel like incentivizing companies here stateside by doing this sort of thing would go a lot farther than tariffs would, and would create and invironment where not only could business owners thrive, but we would see a boom in new industry startups..

As to your other points I feel like some changes w social security options and insurance would also be a boon

People don't realize the hit employers took on just health insurance alone

The whole thing is a supremely multifaceted situation w many moving parts

As such the solution needs to be as well

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

To clarify:

I did give raises to help compensate for the loss (of chosing loss) for Obamacare costs and still carry all established employees on the same plan, no additions of family members.

mg

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Your knowledge of it means everything, I didn't ask how much you make, I just asked a percentage.

Other than trying to distract for the fact that you clearly don't know the effects of tariffs on the economy or businesses it serves absolutely no purpose

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

To clarify:

I did give raises to help compensate for the loss (of chosing loss) for Obamacare costs and still carry all established employees on the same plan, no additions of family members.

mg

That's really all you can do....

Besides the fact I wanted to start a different business , that's another reason why I sold my old business that hit was pretty big for us and honestly I was tired of dealing w all the red tape and bs involved with Obamacare
edit on 1/15/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

A solution, to begin..the government should not earn more money from my business than me and be an eforcer at the same time.

mg

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Obamacare and what you were forced to do to make ends meet are not your fault, nor should you feel guilty for cutting coverage.

Everything costs money, and you were forced to pay more for something that was a perk.

Seriously, don't feel bad about that.

It's 100% the fiscal irresponsibility of the ACA. It caused healthcare to rise at unprecedented levels, and not a damn person kept their doctor.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Other than trying to distract for the fact that you clearly don't know the effects of tariffs on the economy or businesses it serves absolutely no purpose
so now you're against them again? Are you hillary Clinton? Flip Flop Flip Flop

I know exactly what tariffs are and their direct impact on business..

You know that grass is green.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Maybe I'll try this one more time:

So what about all of the domestic manufacturing industries that depend on imported materials to manufacture their goods ?

If I still get no response to my query from you, then I guess I'll have no choice but to let you go back to your infantile penis measuring contest with the other posters in this thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

It's 100% the fiscal irresponsibility of the ACA. It caused healthcare to rise at unprecedented levels, and not a damn person kept their doctor.

Yes. I find myself having to lend money to employees to cover thier healthcare needs (as in wife went to er and cost $1800).
I Lend at zero percent and accrue, to make it easier on them...

The 'perk' is now out of my pocket. That said I am also the one taking the risk now.

The accounting is hard on me and can't write it off...

mg

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

So what about all of the domestic manufacturing industries that depend on imported materials to manufacture their goods ?

If I still get no response to my query from you, then I guess I'll have no choice but to let you go back to your infantile penis measuring contest with the other posters in this thread.

That I would assume would be broken down into stages, such as
A) Raw materials
B) Semi-raw materials
C) Completed materials

with different taxations on each level

* ETA - I apologize, I wasn't ignoring you, I missed your post. An uninformed jacktard took hold of my thread and the person I am won't let dumb responses go uncalled in a thread i make.

Next round on me!
edit on 15-1-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I nver said I was for them....is there some reading comprehension issues going on here or what?
edit on 1/15/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Good question but ties into this thread.

Manufactured goods and materials from overseas, purchased cheaper, are more than often the only option is often any business owner has given a point in time.

It should not be this way.

mg

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

A) Raw materials
B) Semi-raw materials
C) Completed materials

I see.

So price increases to the consumer on domestically manufactured end products as well then ?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I nver said I was for them....is there some reading comprehension issues going on here or what?

Yes, obviously because you said you were in TOTAL AGREEMENT with a post that recommended tariffs.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

A) Raw materials
B) Semi-raw materials
C) Completed materials

I see.

So price increases to the consumer on domestically manufactured end products as well then ?

If everything is domestically manufactured, there wouldn't be an import tax/tariff to worry about right?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

A) Raw materials
B) Semi-raw materials
C) Completed materials

I see.

If everything is domestically manufactured, there wouldn't be an import tax/tariff to worry about right?

I'm talking about imported materials needed to domestically manufacture end products in the US.

The US cannot mine, grow, and/or produce absolutely everything it needs for various manufacturing industries.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join